GUILTY OH - Dylan Groves, 4 months, found dead in bottom of well, Otway, June 2019 *parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thursday, June 20th:
*Probation Hearing (@ 9:45am CT) – OH – Dylan Groves (4 mos) (Found in bottom of 30’ well, Otway, recovered 6/12/19; believed to have died in March, 2018) – only for *Daniel A. Groves (41) arrested & charged (5/20/19), indicted (6/11/19) & arraigned (6/13/19) with aggravated murder, murder, kidnapping/abduction, endangering children, tampering with evidence, interference with custody, gross abuse of a corpse & 4 counts of felonious assault. Plead not guilty. No bond. Scioto County
*Jessica Groves (40) arrested & charged (5/20/19), indicted & arraigned (6/11/19) with aggravated murder, murder, kidnapping/abduction, endangering children, tampering with evidence, interference with custody, gross abuse of a corpse & 4 counts of felonious assault. Plead not guilty. $100K bond.
6/13/19 Update: Arraignment hearing for both. Both were appointed public defender. Both plead not guilty. Waived grand jury. Waives preliminary hearing. Both indicted of aggravated murder, murder, kidnapping/abduction, endangering children, tampering with evidence, interference with custody, gross abuse of a corpse, and four counts of felonious assault. They've been charged with kidnapping and abduction, accused of keeping Dylan hidden from CPS. Case now goes to the Grand Jury. Also in court Thursday, the judge addressed a motion to revoke Daniel's probation. He was on probation for a theft charge, and committing new crimes violates his probation. The judge asked Daniel if he wanted to admit to the violations and waive his right to a hearing, or deny the violations and require the state to provide evidence that shows probable cause that he violated his probation (#CRB1801504: 01/15/2019: Defendant plead no contest, found guilty, fined $100, suspended. Costs: $120, suspended, Jail: 30 days, suspended. Special conditions: Do not enter Kroger). Daniel chose to deny the violations and move forward with a hearing. That probation hearing will be at 9:45 a.m. on June 20. Daniel can bring witnesses to testify on his behalf. The judge set no bond for Daniel. Jessica's bond remains at $100,000. No future dates for murder case as of 6/17.

Would you happen to have any of the court documents/indictment/etc for this case?

This is a case that really got to me. I will never forget Baby Dylan. That precious angel suffering broken bones and swelling on his tiny head! I am a very compassionate person and try to think about all sides of a person and situation --but this is a case where I couldn't find anything to like about the parents. Their "devotion" to each other was just selfish and as shallow as their parenting. "High school sweethearts" holding hands in court--PUKE! This darling baby was abused and neglected by undeserving, irresponsible losers--drug use isn't an excuse or a defense--their drug use makes me more angry--further proof that they didn't deserve the gift of that sweet baby. He NEVEr should have been allowed to go back into that home! I am so glad that the jury got this right but wish that Baby Dylan was still with us and being loved by his foster mom. I could tell that she would have loved to have raised him.

Another tragic case where the parents and child protective services failed to protect an innocent child and it is the child that had to pay the ultimate price. I get so upset over these cases. What is wrong with our CPS system? Why would they ever give that baby back to these two who were clearly not in a position to care for him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back