GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like after Casey Anthony, all these loser parents know if they can just keep the body hidden until there is no evidence left, their chances of walking free or minimal time is the way to play it, once the damage is done. Look at the Hillsboro Ohio parents. And this one. And there will be more.

You're right but I really didn't think Angela would be able to pull it off. We need to change how these situations are dealt with but I don't know how that could be done without punishing the few honest parents. If this baby is dead I hope that the bf's mom realizes that there may have been a different outcome if she had called the authorities instead of sending Angela off to abuse her children somewhere else.

Taylor Dungjen ‏@taylordungjen 15m
Mother of Elaina Steinfurth told police she found a fresh diaper near High Level Bridge. Police collecting evidence. pic.twitter.com/sghHMHTa7B

Okay I really don't understand the way this woman speaks. What is a "fresh" diaper?? To me that means a new unused diaper. How would a new diaper on the road mean anything, even if it was Elaina's brand? And if she meant "fresh" as in JUST used - what does that matter. Does Elaina have her name on her diapers? Does "fresh" mean - just left there? IDK I'm so confused!!!

(IMO) The only reason this statement is even important to me is because of who said it. I'm not sure if she is trying to lead investigators to Elaina or away from her. Either way - mom knows where Elaina is. (IMO)

Okay I really don't understand the way this woman speaks. What is a "fresh" diaper?? To me that means a new unused diaper. How would a new diaper on the road mean anything, even if it was Elaina's brand? And if she meant "fresh" as in JUST used - what does that matter. Does Elaina have her name on her diapers? Does "fresh" mean - just left there? IDK I'm so confused!!!

(IMO) The only reason this statement is even important to me is because of who said it. I'm not sure if she is trying to lead investigators to Elaina or away from her. Either way - mom knows where Elaina is. (IMO)

Right ? I thought fresh meant new and unused and then I thought there are only a few types of diapers anyway and one size could fit kids from many months of varying shapes so how does that one diaper mean it's Elaina's for certain? And now I just got a sick thought :( , is someone going to say she wandered off and fell in the water?
OT Love your name btw !

Right ? I thought fresh meant new and unused and then I thought there are only a few types of diapers anyway and one size could fit kids from many months of varying shapes so how does that one diaper mean it's Elaina's for certain? And now I just got a sick thought :( , is someone going to say she wandered off and fell in the water?
OT Love your name btw !

In my world, fresh would mean newly soiled. Can't imagine that after 5 days.

I don't recall the diapers having sizes on them???? The package did but not the diapers right? So if it was brand new or even used how does she know it was the exact size.

I don't recall the diapers having sizes on them???? The package did but not the diapers right? So if it was brand new or even used how does she know it was the exact size.

I think most have the size on the diaper too.

I don't think there is a size on the actual diaper...At least I don't ever recall seeing one on any that I used on my DS....Just decorations on the outside, and nothing on the inside.

OT Love your name btw !

Maaaaaybe, she uses cloth diapers (doubt it)? My babies do & I would likely recognize their cloth diapers, if found by a bridge or river (not many babies use them; I would recognize the color/size/brand/any defects; I have even made some of them by hand).
Now, disposable diapers, which they use on occasion? Not a chance! Almost every baby in America uses disposable diapers, it seems, so it could belong to any baby.
Well, maybe they can DNA test any urine or waste. Oh, or, was it fresh -- as in unused? Convenient! :p Perhaps no waste to test...
If I'm rolling my eyes this hard, LE must be biting off their tongues trying not to call BS on this whole story!

Some brands do. Some brands have unique prints by size. One of the most common generic brands always makes me laugh. They have a letter and what it's for on the diaper. It changes by size. M for monkey, etc. Size six, the biggest size, has H for hippo. I've always wondered if that was intentional.

Not sure how much room to post, but: On Sunday, Terry Sr and I came home from grocery store. TJ pulled up and told Terry that Angela wouldn't give him Elaina, saying she was "sleeping". Kylee got out of the car with Layla, TJ's girlfriends daughter and they stayed here at the house with me. The Federal Street address is maybe 3 minutes away fron our house, no more than 1 mile from us, if that. TJ and Terry Sr. went back to the Federal St. house, where Terry Sr. told Angela he wanted to see the baby b/c he was having surgery on Wednesday and wanted to see her before. She refused, telling him the baby was sleeping and she wouldn't wake her up. Terry "verbally persuaded" her to go get her, she went into the house. At this time, Steven was in the house already, his mother & father were also on the porch. Angela was in the house for approx. 5-10 minutes, Steven's dad sent his mother in the house to see what was taking so long. TJ & Terry Sr. then heard Angela start screaming and crying that she wouldn't give the baby to him, she'll never see her again. This went on for about 15-20 minutes, then everything got quiet. At that point, Angela came running out the front door saying "Elaina is gone!" Terry Sr. said "What do you mean she's gone?" She said she's not in there. Terry told her to call 911, call her dad, sister, anyone who knows what Elaina looks like and get them over here NOW. Angela just sat down on the porch with her phone and said she didn't know what to do. Terry Sr. made the 911 call and the police were there in 2-3 minutes. He went into the house to search for her, and noticed Steven was not in the house, he had left out the back door. TJ tracked him down on a different street, where he said he was looking for the baby. They (Angela & Steven) were taken to the police station several times between Sun night and Monday evening, we have heard that she passed a lie detector test and he flunked it. He has also very recently gotten out of rehab for a heroin addiction. Much speculation about that. Now, there is so much more to the story, I think it would be better if people have any questions, please post them and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Welcome Ferretmommy, glad you have joined us :) and thank you for your personal insights

Also, is there a way to reply to individual earlier posts? I'm not seeing a reply button under the individual posts, I was going to try to reply to them as posted.

Also, is there a way to reply to individual earlier posts? I'm not seeing a reply button under the individual posts, I was going to try to reply to them as posted.

Hit the 'quote' button under their post and then type your response and hit 'submit reply'

Welcome Ferretmommy, so very sorry for what you and your family are going thru. Our prayers are with all of you and the safe return of Elaina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne