GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if SK was the one that hurt ES and he has told AS the baby is still alive but she won't be if AS says anything to the police.

It could explain her stoic behaviour at the beginning.

I guess nobody saw my post earlier. So I'll ask again. Does SK have any history of violence? Has he ever been investigated or arrested for a violent act? Has anyone said they witnessed him being violent? Can anyone answer these questions? I haven't been following the case. And I really don't know anything about this man except the substance abuse stuff.

I guess nobody saw my post earlier. So I'll ask again. Does SK have any history of violence? Has he ever been investigated or arrested for a violent act? Has anyone said they witnessed him being violent? Can anyone answer these questions? I haven't been following the case. And I really don't know anything about this man except the substance abuse stuff.

SK does not have a criminal record aside from some minor traffic citations. FM said he was recently in rehab for a heroin addiction and that Elaina's big sister (age 4) has expressed a fear of SK and reported that he shook Elaina at an earlier time.

SK has no criminal record except for traffic citations. However, the family reports that the 4 year old said she was scared of SK because of him and the mother fighting. It was said that baby Elaina was seen on Memorial Day with a cut on the back of her head that was scabbed over. According to the 4 year old, SK threw baby Elaina on the bed where she struck and cut the back of her head.

According to family members, the mother was also abusive to the kids which is what prompted the mother and father separating.

If you haven't read the first thread I would highly recommend reading it. Look for posts made by Ferrretmommy. She is Terry Steinfurth Sr's wife. She has given a great deal of information.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211166&page=41

Here is the link to the post from ACandyRose. Follow the directions at the link to the court cases. When you click the red triangle on the court records, it does pull up some interesting things. Worth a look.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

I don't really have an answer to your question but I didn't want you to think you were being ignored:eek:! Like you, the only thing I have heard about SK is the substance abuse for which he had been recently admitted to rehab for. I know there are plenty of rumors flying around but I don't know if anything has been substantiated. Does anyone else knows of anything?

Thanks!

Holy Carpola!! Is there more than one SK? This one has a loooong hx of problems. No violence seen but plenty of drugs.

Yes, there is, SK is a Jr. I believe the middle initial is even the same IIRC (Which I may not, it's early and I've been up since 445am). It made for some confusing times when I was looking through court records.

I am so emotionally invested in this case that I dreamed of Elaina last night. I know it was her. It woke me up from a sound sleep and I've been up ever since (that was 4:45am).

In my dream, I was walking through a heavily wooded/foliaged area and had just noted a fallen tree that was lining the area I was walking in, and then I heard crying so I stopped quietly and heard it again so I turned around and tried to call out to the person making the sound and then I saw a little girl just a baby, not even a full fledged toddler yet, walking and crying and trying to make her way through foliage. She had on light tan long pants with pockets on the back like jeans would have, and a peach light coat. I called out to her again and she turned around and came to me and I picked her up and and started to make my way back out of the tangled mess I was in. Then I woke up and found that I was dreaming, so I came here to look for news. I don't see any.

Please, please, let today be the day Elaina is found.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...rs-check-swath-of-river-for-missing-girl.html

"As the search for missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth crept up on the two-week mark, 80 volunteers Saturday scoured the area along the Maumee River from Perrysburg east to Maumee Bay State Park."

snip

"On Saturday, volunteers probed parks, the woods, the banks of the river, and vacant houses near the water for more than eight hours.

Sgt. Joe Heffernan, Toledo police spokesman, did not return calls by The Blade seeking an update on the case."

more at link

I cannot believe that as of today it's been two weeks. half a month. At her age, you still calculate age by the number of months she has been alive. This is outrageously distressing. Whoever did this to her has had two more weeks free to enjoy everything life has to offer them than Elaina has.

That is a beautiful dream, GGE. I want very much to believe this sweet baby is still alive, tucked away safe. I just don't see how that would be so, unless she were handed off to someone. Wouldn't they have turned her over by now? I am so confused. :rose: :star:

That is a beautiful dream, GGE. I want very much to believe this sweet baby is still alive, tucked away safe. I just don't see how that would be so, unless she were handed off to someone. Wouldn't they have turned her over by now? I am so confused. :rose: :star:

Nothing to be confused about, a dream is a wish or a worry so deeply seated in one's subconscious they can't let it go even in sleep.... this is both a dream and a worrying situation so no wonder I dreamed about it....

She's out there somewhere but if she was so seriously injured that she ought to have be given medical attention immediately then obviously the chances of this case having the same outcome as I dreamed is slim to none.

And if my dream were to come true it could only be because someone else set her down on the edge of an area known to be searched at the time and then ran in hopes of not being caught while simultaneously hoping she was found. (Because obviously she couldn't survive two weeks in the woods alone that whole time.)

I can't see that ever happening. A dream is a dream, nothing more.... though for me personally when I dream about location information of the missing it is generally just about spot on. Nothing to do but wait, I'm too far to help search... it would take a plane ride for me to be able to do that. :(

Part of the arrest record confusion -
http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/21538844/waff.com

"H.'s outburst came after the judge decided to reduce the bond for Steven King Jr. "

BUT WAIT - look at the pic - THIS Steven King Jr from Toledo, OH is a black man.

So um unless the SK we're looking for was black, then you can't possibly look at all the SK Jr arrests in Ohio and know they're for "our" SK Jr. because there's two of 'em out there. GOTTA verify mugshots/pics and addresses to know for sure.

(ETA is there a Toledo, AL or something ? that website is toledonewsnow but the arrest in their story is alabama. no clue, news sites almost never say what state they're for - something which is a pet peeve of mine, along with articles that say things like "yesterday" or "last Thursday"... who knows when someone will be reading it, perhaps "yesterday" loses all meaning after, oh say, 24 hours. *eyeroll*)

I am so emotionally invested in this case that I dreamed of Elaina last night. I know it was her. It woke me up from a sound sleep and I've been up ever since (that was 4:45am).

In my dream, I was walking through a heavily wooded/foliaged area and had just noted a fallen tree that was lining the area I was walking in, and then I heard crying so I stopped quietly and heard it again so I turned around and tried to call out to the person making the sound and then I saw a little girl just a baby, not even a full fledged toddler yet, walking and crying and trying to make her way through foliage. She had on light tan long pants with pockets on the back like jeans would have, and a peach light coat. I called out to her again and she turned around and came to me and I picked her up and and started to make my way back out of the tangled mess I was in. Then I woke up and found that I was dreaming, so I came here to look for news. I don't see any.

Please, please, let today be the day Elaina is found.

GGE, I know how you feel. I was like that with Travis Alexander, the case that brought me to WS. I also had dreams about him, but they weren't sweet like yours about Elaina. That chick Jodi did a number on me.

Poor TJ not knowing where Elaina is for Father's day today.

I am astonishingly bad with geography so please nobody make fun of me for only just now zooming out far enough to see that Toledo is really near some huge body of water and also seems to be pretty close to a border with another state. (ETA, looks like it's Lake Erie and the state is Michigan.)

Criminality 101 states that when you think you might be in trouble, make sure to cross a county line ASAP and if possible, a state line.

If I'd realized the location this occurred I would've started looking across the border straight away. :facepalm: Sometimes I really wish I had a concept of geography.. I am just broken in that way. I say left and mean right, etc... fundamentally unable to ... um... geograph. That's me.

ferretmommy, I read someplace that the maroon van disappeared with SK and Mike when TJ and his dad got there aroudn 2:30 in the afternoon, and further read that it appeared back in the alley or wherever around 2:30am.

Can you please tell me if that's correct to the best of your knowledge? That would give somebody 12 hours worth of round trip driving time to take Elaina someplace. I know SK Jr showed up much sooner than 12 hours later but apparently teh van did not so SOMEONE was driving it. That would mean six hours to a location and six hours back, which could be for sure in another state, maybe a couple of other states.

I'm trying to find a media link so I can figure out if the statement that it showed back up around 2:30 might've meant pm and not am, which would mean it was only gone a few minutes. Thanks for any help you can give!

"So, I don't understand why - I mean my daughter made a mistake and she's gonna pay her price, let's put that aside - where is Steven's mom and dad? Where's Steven? Where is Mike? Why are they not in jail? Why are they not prosecuted? They KNOW what happened, and I can tell you right now Angela told me, last night, from jail, when she called me, that Steven dropped Elaina - and I said why didn't you tell them that, tell the police that? And she said because I'm next if I do. That's all I can tell you, not why she's in jail."

SBM, BBM - revisiting some key elements to this case and need to comment on this --

"That's all I can tell you, not why she's in jail"

He cannot tell us why she's in jail, he can only go as far as telling us that she was threatened that she would be next.

Jail is a secure location for her. But he can't tell us why she's in jail. (If she was ONLY in jail for the charges against her there would be nothing he wasn't telling us.)...

let me be blunt.

I think he's saying that part of why his daughter is in jail right now is because it's a safe place for her while they go find SK and Mike and get enough against them to charge them. They can't leave her out there while they're out there, if they threatened her. And they can't bring the guys in instead of her, because they're the only one who knows where Elaina is, so they HAVE to be able to watch them and see if they're led to her location.

If you have to lock up either Angela or SK & Mike to keep her safe, then they had no choice but to lock her up. And the public was crying for it anyway.

"I can't tell you why she's in jail".... "All I can tell you is that she was threatened"..... paraphrased summary... says to me that there's a reason she's in jail aside from the obvious... and that it's tied to the threats....

IMO JMO etc

22583138_SS.jpg

source - http://www.toledonewsnow.com/category/265467/search-for-elaina-missing-toddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes