GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I didn't think about it until you just asked that. Where is the 4 yr old?
She showed up with 2 kids 'cold and wet' and begged SK's mom to let them stay there, ( never mind how they got cold AND wet on a dry mild day) but where was the 4yr old at that time? We know she was not with her daddy and if Angela's walking the streets looking for somewhere to sleep, where was her other child ? This makes me sick really. I wonder if she was already with SK' et al at his house? That scares me that someone other than her mom ( not that shes safe with her either) may have had access to the big sister.
Ferret mommy , please pay attention to that . It is strange !

Since last night when that video was released, we've been wondering where Kylee was at that time also. We're also at a loss as to why SK has not been arrested also, although as I understand it, he has now gotten a lawyer as of Thursday or Friday.

Since last night when that video was released, we've been wondering where Kylee was at that time also. We're also at a loss as to why SK has not been arrested also, although as I understand it, he has now gotten a lawyer as of Thursday or Friday.

Has Angela ever kept Elaina but not K? Can you confirm that those were the clothes that Elaina was wearing when TJ dropped her off or that they are clothes that she currently owns? I'm just wondering if it might be a "doctored" older video that was released to garner sympathy for Angela now.

Do you think perhaps Kylee may have been at AS's mother's house or her step-dad's house when AS was filmed in the surveillance video?

Also - if SK has lawyered up, it's unlikely that he'll be talking to LE again. Do you know if he's provided LE with any useful info?

Pardon my jumping in here; I've been reading for several days... steaming mad:

Someone hires an attorney for sonny-boy but couldn't pay a plumber to fix disgusting problems in a bathroom in a crowded house. Really?

Praying for y'all ferret-mom.

Has Angela ever kept Elaina but not K? Can you confirm that those were the clothes that Elaina was wearing when TJ dropped her off or that they are clothes that she currently owns? I'm just wondering if it might be a "doctored" older video that was released to garner sympathy for Angela now.

BBM

Good question. I've wondered myself if the date/timestamp on the surveillance video is accurate.

Pardon my jumping in here; I've been reading for several days... steaming mad:

Someone hires an attorney for sonny-boy but couldn't pay a plumber to fix disgusting problems in a bathroom in a crowded house. Really?

Unless he has a LOLyer that signed on just for the publicity. After NG covered our girl I bet a lot of ambulance chasers were salivating at the chance to get their name attached to the case.

BBM

Good question. I've wondered myself if the date/timestamp on the surveillance video is accurate.

There seems to be some sort of irregularity with the footage and I don't think it was caused by editing out K so altering the date/time stamp would be my first guess. Which leaves me wondering why.

There seems to be some sort of irregularity with the footage and I don't think it was caused by editing out K so altering the date/time stamp would be my first guess. Which leaves me wondering why.

BBM

What sort of "irregularity" with the footage have you noticed?

AS has never kept only 1 of the 2 girls as far as I know. And as far as the clothing, I don't know what she was wearing when TJ dropped the kids off. I do know that both girls had toys and clothes still over there, b/c the Thursday after she became missing, AS was at SK's house retrieving clothes, & toys belonging to both girls and putting them into her "dad's" truck to take to his house. Still showing no emotion at all, even when handling the things.

The video is not doctored it's looped. It begins at a given point then goes back to before that point then catches up to itself, and the timestamp changes accordingly, going first forward in time then changing to be before itself, then progressing normally. I often notice videos looping like that in news shows while they talk over it, I see nothing nefarious about the looping.

IMO this video is serving to do damage control for Angela two ways - it makes her look like a loving mom and it distracts all the sleuths here from looking for Elaina or SK etc. JMO but wishing this video hadn't been released personally.

Do you think perhaps Kylee may have been at AS's mother's house or her step-dad's house when AS was filmed in the surveillance video?

Also - if SK has lawyered up, it's unlikely that he'll be talking to LE again. Do you know if he's provided LE with any useful info?

LE is still telling us nothing. The only recent release is that there are "sealed" papers-I'm assuming indictments-that they may be waiting on to get more info maybe?

Don't know if anyone posted the link to this article yet..

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/06/14/Mom-accused-of-not-getting-help.html

There were searchers all over the East side today. Very sad. It was hot and muggy, we had a little rain and it's pretty gloomy out now. The Maumee River, particularly on the Eastside of Toledo is disgusting, dirty, and contaminated and I give anyone credit that is down there searching and wading around.
My personal opinion is that Elaina was NEVER there at the house when dad came to get her. Mom was just flying by the seat of her pants trying to cover.
So SK's mother is the last one to supposedly see Elaina on Saturday night when she let them stay, correct? I have not heard anything in town about her reportedly seeing any injuries on Elaina that night and she then stated she did not see her at all on Sunday so we have to think that something happened to Elaina late Saturday night/Sunday morning?
Trash pick up for Federal Street and Valleywood is on Tuesdays. We do not have garbagemen per se...we have the trucks that have the arm that comes down, picks up the HUGE can the city gives us and dumps it. There is no one that actually looks at the garbage as it goes into top of truck and no way of knowing what is in can. There have been no reports that I have heard that police have looked in landfill yet. Why not?? There is usually no pick up on the weekends but there was garbage pick up going on LATE into Saturday evening for certain areas of Toledo because we ran a day late that week because of the holiday. I know because my garbage wasn't picked up until about 8PM that day and I'm in west toledo. I know I'm rambling but I just don't understand why we haven't heard anything about searching landfill? I mean her MOTHER just happens to find the diaper?? Her mother says the clothes she was wearing were found in the house?? To me..those are 2 things that could have been purposely done to send people looking in the wrong direction...at the Maumee River instead of the landfill where garbage from WEst Toledo was dumped late Saturday night. So frustrating.

AS has never kept only 1 of the 2 girls as far as I know. And as far as the clothing, I don't know what she was wearing when TJ dropped the kids off. I do know that both girls had toys and clothes still over there, b/c the Thursday after she became missing, AS was at SK's house retrieving clothes, & toys belonging to both girls and putting them into her "dad's" truck to take to his house. Still showing no emotion at all, even when handling the things.

Hmm, wonder why she would leave K and take Elaina with her. I assume K is pretty vocal given her age. Maybe something was going on that she didn't want K seeing and sharing later?

I don't understand her lack of emotion. My dad has been gone over 7 years and just seeing some of his items that I kept still brings me to tears. The first 2 years I had to keep them put away because seeing then would leave me inconsolable for days.

ETA: I will be checking for updates every now and then but prob won't be posting the rest of the night. We are at the drive in watching Superman & Hangover 3 for Father's Day.

Thank you Ferretmommy for taking time to answer questions and give us more insight during this difficult time. I can't imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I know when I first saw the mom on Nancy Grace a ton of red flags went up because of her demeanor and what she was saying. After researching and reading up more on the case it left me wondering ... did AS ever show much emotion or love for her children in the past? Is her demeanor and lack of emotion kind of "the norm" for her; or, is her behavior as odd to you and your family as it is to us, the general public?

LE is still telling us nothing. The only recent release is that there are "sealed" papers-I'm assuming indictments-that they may be waiting on to get more info maybe?

Thank you so much, Ferretmommy for taking the time to come here and answer our questions during this heart wrenching time. My heart goes out to you and your family. I have no doubt that your son is enormously grateful that he has such devoted parents to lean on during this awful nightmare.

So there are sealed papers? They may be search warrants, or they may be indictments. Whatever they are, let's hope & pray they lead to baby Elaina's whereabouts.

My prayers are with you & your family. I hope baby Elaina comes home soon. Big hugs to all of you!

Unless he has a LOLyer that signed on just for the publicity. After NG covered our girl I bet a lot of ambulance chasers were salivating at the chance to get their name attached to the case.

Calling Jose!

Thank you Ferretmommy for taking time to answer questions and give us more insight during this difficult time. I can't imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I know when I first saw the mom on Nancy Grace a ton of red flags went up because of her demeanor and what she was saying. After researching and reading up more on the case it left me wondering ... did AS ever show much emotion or love for her children in the past? Is her demeanor and lack of emotion kind of "the norm" for her; or, is her behavior as odd to you and your family as it is to us, the general public?

BBM - You know, it may well be -- flat affect is one of many symptoms/results of clinical depression and many of the medications to treat it. I spent eleven years medicated on all the antidepressants the 1990s worshipped and glorified so heavily, so this comes from experience. Also from being told personally by a doctor that "inapropriate affect" is a big sign of depression. Anyway I read in an article that Angela suffers from depression and anxiety and that played a role in her and TJ's eventual separation. If true, then I would give her a bit of a pass on some of the lack of emotion. (I haven't been willing to give her a free pass on anything else, but this one I've experienced myself in the past.. by the time my mother died 9+ years ago so much bad had happened in short succession that I was numb for awhile and might've seemed a bit flat as well.)

The video is not doctored it's looped. It begins at a given point then goes back to before that point then catches up to itself, and the timestamp changes accordingly, going first forward in time then changing to be before itself, then progressing normally. I often notice videos looping like that in news shows while they talk over it, I see nothing nefarious about the looping.

IMO this video is serving to do damage control for Angela two ways - it makes her look like a loving mom and it distracts all the sleuths here from looking for Elaina or SK etc. JMO but wishing this video hadn't been released personally.

I agree, GGE. I don't see anything unusual in the video, either, but so many posters have commented on it that it leads me to wonder if perhaps I may have missed something.

If there are "irregularities" in the video, I would like them to be pointed out to me, so that I can ascertain for myself if I believe they exist.

I have noticed as the girls have gotten older, especially Kylee, she has gotten shorter tempered with them. Seemed like they got on her nerves. Reading up several posts after yours, depression was mentioned, and I believe she was taking meds for it at one time, but as far as I know, she has not been on any in a while.

I agree, GGE. I don't see anything unusual in the video, either, but so many posters have commented on it that it leads me to wonder if perhaps I may have missed something.

If there are "irregularities" in the video, I would like them to be pointed out to me, so that I can ascertain for myself if I believe they exist.

I think it's people not realizing that it's two sequences pasted together, with some time overlap appearing in each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member