GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TJ and TS Sr. are on NG again tonite, along with Fred LeFebvre from the 1370 radio station, and I heard Frank is supposed to be on the
show that airs right before hers @ 7:00 pm.

I'm at work posting to try to keep up with the pages as much as I can. Oh and before I forget, they moved AS out of solitary over the weekend and into the general population, and are questioning at least 3 inmates, per the Toledo Blade. I just hope they get usable info out of her/them before they beat the crap out of her. After that, I really don't care what they do to her.

BBM - Thank you for stopping in whenever you can, Ferretmommy. It is very much appreciated. I just wanted to clarify for everyone else reading that the show at 7pm on HLN is Jane Velez-Mitchell, who did a full hour (IIRC) on this case yesterday before NG did her full hour beginning at 8pm.

Neither one of them know this case as well as most of us here do, but they're picking up very quickly and I appreciate them both doing this.

But neither one mentioned Mike or the truck yet so I am praying that NG covered this for tonight's show, or gets to it soon. It feels so very important to me. :please:

(PS - I think we all share your sentiments of your last couple of sentences in your post. So glad you said it so we could "thank" it and not have to say it ourselves!)

For those folks not from this area, this picture is beneath the High Level Bridge (AKA Anthony Wayne) on the East bank of the river looking South (upstream).

I hate that picture. No baby belongs there.

When Terry went to the Federal Street home of King’s family to get the girls, he says he found Angela sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette.

“I asked her to go get the baby,” he said. “She told me she had just laid her down for a nap and she wasn’t waking her up.”

According to Terry, Angela let their 4-year-old go with him but she refused to go inside and get Elaina. Then he claims King started “yelling and screaming like he wanted to fight, ripped his shirt off.”

At that point, Terry says he left and came back with his father, Terry Steinfurth Sr., who got out of the car and confronted King.

“The boyfriend told me he would fight with me, like he wants to do with my son, and I just told him I wasn’t there to fight with him,” Steinfurth Sr. told Grace Monday. “I wanted to see my granddaughter.”

Steinfurth Sr. claims Angela told him she would not give Elaina up because she thought Terry would never bring her back. She finally agreed to go inside and get Elaina, and King went into the house with her, he says.

Steinfurth Sr. said Angela came back outside about a half hour later and claimed someone had taken Elaina.

According to a police report obtained by HLN Monday, King is believed to have left through the back door during this time without anyone knowing. Angela allegedly said he left to go look for Elaina.

The police report revealed additional information about the timeline of events on June 2. According to the report, Angela said she last saw Elaina when she put her down for a nap around 1 p.m.

She said she and her ex-boyfriend then went to the Family Dollar and, when they returned, the door to the bedroom where Elaina had been sleeping was still closed so she did not go in to check on her.

Around 2 p.m., Terry Steinfurth Jr. arrived. After arguing with Angela, he returned around 2:30 with his father and Angela agreed to get Elaina. 25 minutes later, Angela said Elaina was gone. Steven King had left at that point.

Police arrived around 3 p.m. and began interviewing witnesses and searching the neighborhood. King returned around 4:30 p.m., according to the report.

snipped

King and his parents have not returned calls from HLN seeking a comment on the case since Thursday, but his mother and father both told HLN last week that he is cooperating fully with investigators and does not know where Elaina is.

snipped

Angela’s stepfather, Richard Schiewe, suggested Monday that there is more to the story.

“My daughter screwed up big time, okay?” Schiewe told Nancy Grace. “I’m not making excuses. I can’t forgive and I can’t forget it. The story is she knows what happened to the baby. She got afraid because people threatened, if you say anything, you’re next.”

Schiewe claimed Angela told him she does not know where Elaina is, but she knows what happened to her and who took her from the house.

According to Schiewe, Angela told him she had made a big mistake, but he would not say what the mistake was, stating that the FBI told him not to talk about it. However, he did say his “gut feeling” is that Elaina is dead.

“It’s been too long for her to be gone,” Schiewe said.

Terry Steinfurth Jr. said one of the reasons he and Angela separated was the way she treated their children. He claimed she would yell and curse at them and she would drag their older daughter around and smack her in the mouth.

Captain Brad Weis of the Toledo Police Department said child protective services had been involved with the couple in 2012 when they were having issues with their marriage, but that case was closed.

Terry Steinfurth Jr. told Nancy Grace he has asked Angela and others who were at the house that day what happened several times.

“’We don’t know, we don’t know.’ That’s the only answers I keep getting,” he said.

“That’s more or less what they’re telling me,” Terry Steinfurth Sr. said. “Nobody knows who took this baby, nobody can tell us when the baby left the house or the last time they saw the baby in the house.”

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/baby-elainas-dad-recalls-day-she-disappeared

<snip>

The police report revealed additional information about the timeline of events on June 2. According to the report, Angela said she last saw Elaina when she put her down for a nap around 1 p.m.

She said she and her ex-boyfriend then went to the Family Dollar and, when they returned, the door to the bedroom where Elaina had been sleeping was still closed so she did not go in to check on her.

Around 2 p.m., Terry Steinfurth Jr. arrived. After arguing with Angela, he returned around 2:30 with his father and Angela agreed to get Elaina. 25 minutes later, Angela said Elaina was gone. Steven King had left at that point.

Police arrived around 3 p.m. and began interviewing witnesses and searching the neighborhood. King returned around 4:30 p.m., according to the report.

<snip>

Terry Steinfurth Jr. said one of the reasons he and Angela separated was the way she treated their children. He claimed she would yell and curse at them and she would drag their older daughter around and smack her in the mouth.

Captain Brad Weis of the Toledo Police Department said child protective services had been involved with the couple in 2012 when they were having issues with their marriage, but that case was closed.

<snip>

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/baby-elainas-dad-recalls-day-she-disappeared

SBM and BBM - why? because I want everyone to be sure to see it. no bigger reason than that.

When Terry went to the Federal Street home of King’s family to get the girls, he says he found Angela sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette.

“I asked her to go get the baby,” he said. “She told me she had just laid her down for a nap and she wasn’t waking her up.”

According to Terry, Angela let their 4-year-old go with him but she refused to go inside and get Elaina. Then he claims King started “yelling and screaming like he wanted to fight, ripped his shirt off.”

At that point, Terry says he left and came back with his father, Terry Steinfurth Sr., who got out of the car and confronted King.

“The boyfriend told me he would fight with me, like he wants to do with my son, and I just told him I wasn’t there to fight with him,” Steinfurth Sr. told Grace Monday. “I wanted to see my granddaughter.”

Steinfurth Sr. claims Angela told him she would not give Elaina up because she thought Terry would never bring her back. She finally agreed to go inside and get Elaina, and King went into the house with her, he says.

Steinfurth Sr. said Angela came back outside about a half hour later and claimed someone had taken Elaina.

According to a police report obtained by HLN Monday, King is believed to have left through the back door during this time without anyone knowing. Angela allegedly said he left to go look for Elaina.

She said she and her ex-boyfriend then went to the Family Dollar and, when they returned, the door to the bedroom where Elaina had been sleeping was still closed so she did not go in to check on her.Around 2 p.m., Terry Steinfurth Jr. arrived. After arguing with Angela, he returned around 2:30 with his father and Angela agreed to get Elaina. 25 minutes later, Angela said Elaina was gone. Steven King had left at that point.

snipped

King and his parents have not returned calls from HLN seeking a comment on the case since Thursday, but his mother and father both told HLN last week that he is cooperating fully with investigators and does not know where Elaina is.

snipped

Angela’s stepfather, Richard Schiewe, suggested Monday that there is more to the story.

“My daughter screwed up big time, okay?” Schiewe told Nancy Grace. “I’m not making excuses. I can’t forgive and I can’t forget it. The story is she knows what happened to the baby. She got afraid because people threatened, if you say anything, you’re next.”

Schiewe claimed Angela told him she does not know where Elaina is, but she knows what happened to her and who took her from the house.

According to Schiewe, Angela told him she had made a big mistake, but he would not say what the mistake was, stating that the FBI told him not to talk about it. However, he did say his “gut feeling” is that Elaina is dead.

Terry Steinfurth Jr. told Nancy Grace he has asked Angela and others who were at the house that day what happened several times.

“’We don’t know, we don’t know.’ That’s the only answers I keep getting,” he said.

“That’s more or less what they’re telling me,” Terry Steinfurth Sr. said. “Nobody knows who took this baby, nobody can tell us when the baby left the house or the last time they saw the baby in the house.”

After reading this post I'm hoping that Family Dollar or another business close by has a security camera.

snipped

snipped

Snipped and BBM ... WHO was watching the baby while they went to the Family Dollar?

I hate that picture. No baby belongs there.

That is for sure...

I drove across the bridge on my lunch hour - I had run some errands at the Meijer in Oregon (DD needed pull-ups). You really can't see much at all from the bridge. I did see a news van pulling out of one of the streets that runs along the water tho....too damn sad.

SBM and BBM - why? because I want everyone to be sure to see it. no bigger reason than that.

Who did she leave her with, while she went to the Family Dollar?? Dang, I wouldn't have trusted anyone in the house.

Also, she didn't check on her when she returned, then claims that she FINALLY goes in to get her at 2:30 pm.

I leave my baby with ANYONE, I check on them, when I get back.

MOO

After reading this post I'm hoping that Family Dollar or another business close by has a security camera.

Is this new info? It's possible both Angela and SK drove to the river to leave sweet Elaina, and concocted their story there. Coincidence that they went to the "dollar store" the hour before Dad was to arrive to pick up the girls?

Wow, I completely missed the part about them going to Family Dollar! Is this new info she just conveniently decided to mention?

Seriously....who doesn't check on a baby when they get back from the store. My girls are older and I still check on them.

<snipped>

<snipped>

SBM

This is information I have not heard before. Who was left at the house with Elaina when her and her ex-boyfriend left? How did they get to the Family Dollar store - via the maroon van? Could they have removed Elaina from the home at this time? Did Kylee go with them to the Family Dollar store or did she stay back at the house?

I'd like some follow up on this part of the timeline.

SBM

This is information I have not heard before. Who was left at the house with Elaina when her and her ex-boyfriend left? How did they get to the Family Dollar store - via the maroon van? Could they have removed Elaina from the home at this time? Did Kylee go with them to the Family Dollar store or did she stay back at the house?

I'd like some follow up on this part of the timeline.

Yes, that's new info from the police report that CNN/HLN was able to get ahold of the other day. I presume since the home belongs to Steven's mother, JK, that she would've been there with Elaina ......perhaps also Mike and the other adults that were present later that night, but obviously have no way of knowing for certain who all was there earlier.

(PS HLN is doing Elaina right now).(edit - it was only a five minute or so segment that was catching people up so they could then say to tune in to NG tonight at 8)

So the police report says SK was basically MIA from 3 until 4:30 ? That's really a very long time to be out of pocket.

Dear Websleuthers,
Could a link like the media link be created for the transcripts so if/when FBI wants to read it, it will be all in one spot and they can read it quickly and see the discrepacies? Please oh please? Noted discrepancies would probably help make it easier if that is OK.

Thank you all so much for transcripts! All Federal St. interviews and AS family would be most appreciative! Be back later after appointment. Thanks so very much!

Dear Websleuthers,
Could a link like the media link be created for the transcripts so if/when FBI wants to read it, it will be all in one spot and they can read it quickly and see the discrepacies? Please oh please? Noted discrepancies would probably help make it easier if that is OK.

Thank you all so much for transcripts! All Federal St. interviews and AS family would be most appreciative! Be back later after appointment. Thanks so very much!

The FBI needs the transcripts? Why don't they have them? Seriously?

TJ and TS Sr. are on NG again tonite, along with Fred LeFebvre from the 1370 radio station, and I heard Frank is supposed to be on the
show that airs right before hers @ 7:00 pm.
I'm at work posting to try to keep up with the pages as much as I can. Oh and before I forget, they moved AS out of solitary over the weekendand into the general population, and are questioning at least 3 inmates, per the Toledo Blade. I just hope they get usable info out of her/them before they beat the crap out of her. After that, I really don't care what they do to her.

FerretMommy,
I pray that you and the family are able to get some rest and some sense of privacy.

BBM (hope I did it right)::banghead:
- want AS in solitary confinement - she needs to sit and think about what she has done 24/7. Why give her tv, snacks, people to talk to (unless she tells them what happened)?
- SK should turn himself in and be put in solitary confinement as well. Unless he decides to talk - he can talk through the cell door.
- Everyone at that house that was there that day knows what happened. Bring them all in, put them in a cell to rot.

Elaina deserves the chance to grow up and be who she's supposed to be. TJ deserves the chance to help her grow. KS deserves the chance to be a big sister and all the joy that comes with that.

When my kid was very young, she used to say this about someone who was lying, "She a lie". AS, RS, SK SR & JR, JK are "a lie" and they need to tell the truth right now.

JMO, FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member