GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempted updated timeline. All info from Ferretmommy, the police report, and MSM links already posted here in this thread or older incarnations of it.
-------------------

Timeline:

Saturday June 1 - 6:38pm - Angela and Elaina are captured on surveillance video at "Frank"'s house, located near Raymer (approx. 11 blocks from 704 Federal, where Elaina went missing. "Frank"'s house is not RS's house, according to Ferretmommy, thought it seems to be very nearby.)

Saturday, June 1 - (unknown time) - Angela asks JK if she can spend the night there, JK agrees because the kids are "cold and wet" and Angela says they have no place else to go. (NOTE - the kids were dry in the video. Well, the kid. Only Elaina was with her at that time. Where was Kylee?)

Saturday, June 1 - night (unknown time) - Elaina and Kylee are put down to sleep together on the living room floor of the King residence (which we later found was strewn with dog feces, raw sewage, and clothing in the first floor living area, which I presume includes the living room, but that's neither here nor there, just simply repulsive)

Sunday, June 2- morning (unknown time) - Angela wakes to find Elaina injured, according to the police report

Sunday, June 2- unknown time - Angela tells "Frank" about waking to find Elaina's injuries, according to "Frank"

Sunday, June 2- around 1pm - According to the police report, this is when Angela said she last saw Elaina, when she put her down for a nap. Family had previously stated that this was around 1:30pm - time is approximate.

Sunday, June 2- just after 1pm - Angela told police that she SK then went to the Family Dollar and, when they returned ( PRIOR to 2pm, TIME UNSPECIFIED), the door to the bedroom where Elaina had been sleeping was still closed so she did not go in to check on her.

Sunday afternoon, June 2- approximately 2:00 pm - Already having gone to RS' house to get the girls and then having found out that Angela never stayed there the night before despite promising that was where she would be TJ goes over to the King residence to ask for the girls (arriving there around 2pm).

Angela sends out Kylee, and TJ puts her in the car seat. He turns back around and sees Angela sitting back down on the porch next to SK, smoking a cigarette. He requests she get Elaina again and she refuses, stating Elaina has just been put down for a nap and she doensn't want to wake her.

Upon being pressed to bring him Elaina as well as Kylee, SK rips off his shirt and tries to fight TJ, so TJ puts Kylee in the car and goes to get Terry Sr. to be a go-between.

Sunday, June 2- around 2:30pm - According to the police report, they arrive back at the King residence around 2:30pm. When they arrive back, SK tries to fight Terry Sr. as well. SK's mother, JK, tells him to go inside because they're trying to talk "like adults".
Angela finally agrees to go inside to get Elaina.

Angela goes inside and is in there for 5-10 minutes . (or, until approx. 2:35-2:40)

Steven's mom goes inside to see what's taking her so long.

Angela begins to scream and cry, telling Steven's mother that if she gives her baby to "him" she'll never get to see her again, and spends a good 15-20 minutes carrying on to Steven/Steven's mom (JK) about this fact. She is heard outside by Terry Sr. and others. (until approx 2:50 - 3:00)

Then it gets quiet, and Angela comes out saying the baby is missing. She sits back down on the porch as TJ and Terry Sr. call 911.

According to a police report, SK is thought to have left through the back door during this time without anyone knowing, allegedly to look for Elaina.

According to JK, she and Steven went together out the back door to search the pool and garage. ("Julie says when Angela announced the baby was gone, she and her son, Steven, immediately went out the back door to begin looking in the pool, the garage, and nearby." - http://www.fox19.com/story/22481101/day-3-and-still-no-sign-of-missing-toddler )

Sunday, June 2- around 3 p.m. - police arrive and begin interviewing witnesses and searching the neighborhood, according to the police report. During this time police and RS search for the maroon van as well but cannot find it, according to RS.

Steven King returns around 4:30 p.m., according to the police report. NOTE - According to Ferretmommy, he was found one street over, on Prentice. A short time after he turned back up, he was seen a few houses away on the front porch, vomiting.

Sunday night into Monday morning, June 3 - around midnight -
"One witness, however, remembered seeing SK and AS leave the residence around midnight on Sat/Sun (technically the morning of Sunday, June 2nd), get in the van and leave for app 20 minutes. He is contacting the FBI today."

source:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9581143#post9581143

Monday, June 3- 2:30am - maroon van re-appears in alleyway according to RS.
(*NOTE - there is a time discrepancy between the person above who says the van was gone for about 20 minutes, and RS who says it re-appeared around 2:30am)

Monday, June 3- unknown later time - Angela goes to her new job's orientation as LE and the community search for her missing baby (NOTE - RS told Nancy Grace on June 17 that Angela did NOT attend this orientation, but according to Ferretmommy and another poster, she DID attend this orientation.)

Wednesday, June 12 - Angela is interviewed by LE (not for the first time), resulting in her arrest as well as the search and towing of the maroon van and the search of 660 Federal and 2 to 3 other homes around it

Bringing the timeline forward so I could edit in this new info:

"One witness, however, remembered seeing SK and AS leave the residence around midnight on Sat/Sun (technically the morning of Sunday, June 2nd), get in the van and leave for app 20 minutes. He is contacting the FBI today."

source:
OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #3 - Page 21 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Kyra Phillips ‏@KyraHLN 1m
We're starting off #RaisingAmerica w/ breaking news in 2 big stories: #Zimmerman & the search for #BabyElaina. Live coverage begins @ 12pET!

Angi Gonzalez ‏@AnchorAngi 7m
Why wasn't Baby Elaina taken to the hospital? My interview on CNN's sister station on the #searchforelaina http://youtu.be/QLhCuUO5U4c

Yet no one reports it? SMH

We live in a stupid world where protecting adults and their feeling has taken the place of protecting the vulnerable. Few weeks back I was in a public bathroom at a govt building. There was a woman in there being so mean to her child but she didn't hit her and didnt' really SAY anything threatening. She was just an ugly, hateful woman. She was demanding the child HURRY UP, get ur PANTS UP, WASH your hands, HURRY, sigh, and rolling her eyes and this stuff. The child was about 5 ish. I tried to break the moment and said ' rough day, huh mom ? ' with a smile. I do this type of thing often and get a good response. This woman glared at me......... and I thought oh that poooooooor baby . So I reported her ! I told an officer worker out front . I 'm sure nothing came of it and like I say she didnt' harm or threaten the child but her overall demeanor told me that child lives a sad life . Oh I left out one thing, when I said rough day mom, the child looked at me like " omg, now you're gonna get it, no one talks to my mom like that' and the child BRACED herself for what she thought would be her mom yelling at me. But mom didnt' yell at me. I'm a grown up, not a little kid. Mom's a punk who will bully a kid but say nothing to an adult.

OT sorry about that but it takes very little effort to let others know a kid needs some help.

Just catching up and SBM for space
Is "Christie" the Taco Bell employee, the same Christie E that is MH's sister and JK's niece? She was on MH's search team with SK's sis and mom.
HOLY CRAP!

If she was tweaking, that's an expensive habit for a newly employed Taco Bell employee. Its an expensive habit for anyone, and owing bad people money gives them a lot of dangerous power.
I hate to admit this but I had a friend that got started on this drug many years ago. She needed "more energy" and it was cheap. She was so beautiful at one time. She ended up at one point giving oral sex to random guys for a $25 dollar bag that lasted her a half a day. Then went on to learn to make it herself. I hate to admit but I gave up. I still love and care about her but had to choose to walk away so she could learn on her own what she wouldn't let me help her with. Painful experience for her child, her husband and me. Not so sure she realized how painful it was to herself.

I think if most of us had a child accused of such our auto reaction would be No way, not my kid. And he's just sticking to that in the face of mounting evidence that she is responsible for some/most/all of Elaina's whereabouts. I think he will be devastated when he finally is forced to accept that Ang did something. Mooooo
I tend to think he was lying on purpose about AS going to her job. I think he did it out of love for her and because he feels protective of her. His loyalty first should be to Elaina though. No need for any lies regardless.

MOO

Sgt. Joe Heffernan on HLN live on the phone now talking about the search.

Asking if they're using SONAR - yes, we have SONAR on our boats and the FBI has state of the art equipment as well.

Did you find anything in addition to that one diaper?
Not anything I'd really consider evidence in this case right now, we picked up "materials" that may or may not be relevant but no what I'd call "hard evidence" in the case at this time.

Right now just continuing to follow up on leads as they come in, we're in constant contact with all parties..

Oh an interesting thing the detective ? said last night on LE that he would not comment on WHY they went to the dollar store on Sunday morning as it was part of the investigation. Interesting ! If they were going for crackers and toilet paper, I don't think that would be part of the investigation, right? So , what could it be ?

What came to my mind, as I do not think they had money, except to buy Drugs and Cigarettes, cleaning items, as they would be cheap in that kind of a Store. (just my thought)

JVM via satellite asking about her waking up with the baby next to her injured, asking what they've filled in as far as the people who may have threatened her or what happened...

some of what she's been saying ahs been changing and our job in LE is to figured out what really happened, what's the truth here, and we're continuing to keep the pressure on, not just Angela, but everyone who was involved to figure out just what happened.

JVM - may I ask just how many people were in the house, the house owned by the BF's mother, do we know how many? because obviously she didn't crawl out the window by herself and disappear.

Joe - exactly and that's what makes this case so frustrating, somebody ahs to know something, and this is a typical missing child case where the child goes to someone's house and never comes back, and you have other children other adult relatives, and I don't have the exact number but there was at least 6-8 people in the house.

(showing more video of the room, same that I took still shots from)

Why were reporters allowed in this room, isn't this a possible crime scene?

Joe - well I'm not sure when the station took that footage, this happend on the second and there's been some time that's gone by now, I mean we've been there a lot, at some point it becomes.. ther's nothing we can use there for evidence anymore, so the family has access back to it and they must be the ones who let the camera in there.

Thank you Sgt. Joe Heffernan.

Tonight Jane's gonna be talking to Elaina's grandfather and Aunt and 7pm eastern time.

ok we're bringing in our body language and deception expert to review the evidence (re: Angela's demeanor in court, upset and crying, etc) coming up next.

We live in a stupid world where protecting adults and their feeling has taken the place of protecting the vulnerable. Few weeks back I was in a public bathroom at a govt building. There was a woman in there being so mean to her child but she didn't hit her and didnt' really SAY anything threatening. She was just an ugly, hateful woman. She was demanding the child HURRY UP, get ur PANTS UP, WASH your hands, HURRY, sigh, and rolling her eyes and this stuff. The child was about 5 ish. I tried to break the moment and said ' rough day, huh mom ? ' with a smile. I do this type of thing often and get a good response. This woman glared at me......... and I thought oh that poooooooor baby . So I reported her ! I told an officer worker out front . I 'm sure nothing came of it and like I say she didnt' harm or threaten the child but her overall demeanor told me that child lives a sad life . Oh I left out one thing, when I said rough day mom, the child looked at me like " omg, now you're gonna get it, no one talks to my mom like that' and the child BRACED herself for what she thought would be her mom yelling at me. But mom didnt' yell at me. I'm a grown up, not a little kid. Mom's a punk who will bully a kid but say nothing to an adult.

OT sorry about that but it takes very little effort to let others know a kid needs some help.

There needs to more people like you in the world.

I worked for a govt agency and one of my coworkers witnessed a woman BEATING her infant in our office and did nothing!!!!!! They baby ended up in critical condition, I tried so hard not to punch my coworker in her face.

So imo since they left sat/sun for 20 minutes thats 10 minutes there and 10 minutes back. LE should do a radius search from that.

:please: :please: Find her.

Mike Brooks is with us and Patty Wood, our body language and deception expert, ok guys today's focus is on Elaina's mom.

Exhibit A - the surveillance video, we'll go ahead and roll it - Patty first of all from a body language perspective, when you see it, what are you looking at, what are you watching for?

I'm seeing a lot of loving comfort cues, she's loving her kissing her rocking her, at some point she pulls out her cellphone and checks it and I think all moms that have babies might do that - I don't see anything suspicious about that at all, I don't see anything here at all.

Mike Brooks - I would like to see it enhanced, see if anything might have happened to the baby the day before.

Patty- right - again she's kissing the baby's forehead, but there may be an injury there.

Exhibit b - the clip of her saying "anything to keep me comfortable" and "she has problems and the only way they can get handled is if me and her father can help her".

Host - ok Patty, She says she's been shaking for three days but the baby's been missing longer, when you do a content analysis on this it's very disturbing, it's all "my my, me me, I I" and she isn't using Elaina's name she keeps saying the baby and she, also the asymmetry of the head normally she'd be reaching out asking for the return of her child.. (missed some of this)

Mike - if she's been taking medication since her baby disappeared that may affect her but.. this reminds me of the baby Lisa case, but that mother displayed a lot of emotion, Angela displays a kind of flat affect.

exhibit c - Angela in court, "let's look at her appearance her here, Patty what do you see".

Patty - big difference, look at all her stress she displays here, she's also doing the asymmetrical head stance here, she's saying "I want to go home" not "I want to find my baby", "I want to go home to look for my baby", its' all about her, the distress is all about her, which just breaks my heart, very disturbing.

Mike - she's locked up and knows she's locked up until she comes up with some kind of story, I want to know what she REALLY knows about that baby.

You think she has some kind of information?

Oh absolutely.

Now we're showing some numbers on the screen, and if you dont' want to call long distance you can call 911.

(segment over, will go back and edit this for typos now)

I never thought that little Elaina's "kidnapping" would make it to 3 threads... :( Someone that was in that house needs to speak up!

The mother of missing 18-month-old Elaina Steinfurth was seen leaving between midnight and 1 a.m. the morning of the toddler’s disappearance.

Dennis Bolfa, who lives across from the East Toledo home in the 700 block of Federal Street where the toddler was last seen, said he saw Elaina’s mother, Angela Steinfurth, and her boyfriend Steven W. King leave in their van and return 10-15 minutes later.

On June 12, police seized the van Bolfa saw the couple leaving in.

“I thought they were just going to get cigarettes or something,” he said. “It didn’t dawn on me at the time.”

When Bolfa was interviewed by Toledo Free Press on June 18, he had not yet reported this information to the FBI or police.

Bolfa said he believes Angela was involved in the disappearance.

“A couple days before, she said, ‘[Elaina’s father Terry Steinfurth Jr.] ain’t getting my kid,’” Bolfa said. “She’s got something to do with it, no doubt.”

http://www.toledofreepress.com/2013/06/19/neighbor-adds-new-clue-to-missing-toddler-case/

This house reminds me of a case that some of you may remember, several months ago. A little really small baby , maybe 6 months or less , was missing. The house was a totally hoarded up mess like this one , probably worse. The baby was finally found in a crate full of quilts, I believe . Does anyone remember that? There was a big deal of how full of crap the house was and how much digging and sifting had to be done to find the baby. I think it was her caretaker or an older aunt who hid the baby. She was in the attic or basement. I just remember at the time seeing the pictures and thinking they were lucky to have found the baby at all. :(

Was this baby in the crate found alive?

Was this baby in the crate found alive?

No (sorry SCHMAE, I know you'll answer when you can but I remember this case, too).

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/missing-toddler-found-dead-in-closet/

clip from article above about OTHER BABY (older case - not trying to sidetrack, just briefly showing where there may be a similarity) -
"Zyia Turner was found dead in a closet, underneath a pile of clothes, some type of metal box and other items, sources told ABC News’ Detroit affiliate WXYZ-TV.

Zyia, who is 17 months old, was being watched by her uncle and another adult, who were babysitting several kids at the time of her disappearance.

“The uncle was taking care of several children and left for a couple minutes to a bedroom and when he returned the girl was gone,” Sgt. Allan Quinn told the Detroit News. “When he asked the other children where she was, none of them knew.”"

<snip>
"&#8220;I [have] two closets at home and she never went in,&#8221; she said. &#8220;She never pulled [anything] down out of the closet, so it&#8217;s strange that my baby is in the closet under 20 pounds of clothes.&#8221;

Elan told WXYZ-TV she believes the little girl&#8217;s death was an accident.

&#8220;My grandkids &#8230; they&#8217;re blaming themselves, like we didn&#8217;t search the area,&#8221; she said. &#8220;But you can&#8217;t put that on you. It was a bad accident. It was a very bad accident that we just have to deal with.&#8221;"

(much more at link)

I can see why you would remember that case when looking at the inside of JK's home, SCHMAE, 100%.

No (sorry SCHMAE, I know you'll answer when you can but I remember this case, too).

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/missing-toddler-found-dead-in-closet/

clip from article above about OTHER BABY (older case - not trying to sidetrack, just briefly showing where there may be a similarity) -
"Zyia Turner was found dead in a closet, underneath a pile of clothes, some type of metal box and other items, sources told ABC News’ Detroit affiliate WXYZ-TV.

Zyia, who is 17 months old, was being watched by her uncle and another adult, who were babysitting several kids at the time of her disappearance.

“The uncle was taking care of several children and left for a couple minutes to a bedroom and when he returned the girl was gone,” Sgt. Allan Quinn told the Detroit News. “When he asked the other children where she was, none of them knew.”"

<snip>
"“I [have] two closets at home and she never went in,” she said. “She never pulled [anything] down out of the closet, so it’s strange that my baby is in the closet under 20 pounds of clothes.”

Elan told WXYZ-TV she believes the little girl’s death was an accident.

“My grandkids … they’re blaming themselves, like we didn’t search the area,” she said. “But you can’t put that on you. It was a bad accident. It was a very bad accident that we just have to deal with.”"

(much more at link)

I can see why you would remember that case when looking at the inside of JK's home, SCHMAE, 100%.

Zyia was in Detroit, about an hour north of Toledo.

Does RS have a trach (or whatever it is called - that hole smokers have put in their throat sometimes to breathe through and talk through and that gross lady on the commercials smokes through it)? On NG he put his hand to his throat every time he talked and I couldn't figure out why.

Yes he does. Throat cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members