GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, I read somewhere that when they found the diaper it had Elainas DNA on it, is that true or just a rumor? I haven't had a chance to read through this entire thread yet.

I read that somewhere. Facebook maybe? It was the girl that worked behind the counter and she said at that time Elaina had no bruises on her.

I have screenshots from fb from the attendant at the store that claims she saw Angela with Elaina on the morning of Sunday June 2 sometime between 8 and 930 am at the gas station/store she works at and knew them so it is not a random cashier. She has worked with AS in the past said she "knows she is odd" and just checked them out and did not engage in small talk. She also says AS set Elaina down and she was walking around. Basically nothing obvious that she took a harder or different than the many times she cashed her out. She also has an explanation about the cameras being down until they were fixed or what 930 just that from 8am-930 they were down so that is the time frame.

I don't know if it is still there or not and I am not sure if it is a TOS so I am not going to post it. Also her full name is right there so IDK if I need to black it out if it were allowed. She also says she has talked with police. If she hadn't the tip line was informed within minutes so they could look into if needed.

I have a question, I read somewhere that when they found the diaper it had Elainas DNA on it, is that true or just a rumor? I haven't had a chance to read through this entire thread yet.

Nevermind, I think I found my answer. Just someone twisting the story is all. I thought I missed something.

Do they have to dismiss child endangerment to put an a murder charge?

No. They may have dismissed the charges due to lack of physical evidence. She could easily claim that she was "bullied" by police into admitting she denied medical care for Elaina after injury and cause doubt in a juror's mind, what evidence is there other than her confession and hearsay?. I think this may just be part of the strategy to make sure she doesn't get away with anything. And I'm no lawyer, but from my understand nolle prosequi is a dismissal at the prosecuter's request, sometimes due to lack of evidence BUT she can still be indicted for the same charges at a later date, possibly when there's more evidence, and avoids double jeopardy.

This is my understanding and my opinion on the matter anyway.

Is Angela going to be able to bond out, and if so, how much is her bond? Will they keep it at the same amount or lower it? I hope it stays the same and she can't get out of jail. What is going on with this case? Very strange.

Dear Fred, I sure wish you'd hurry up and come talk to us.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2013/06/24/Missing-toddler-s-mom-to-appear-before-grand-jury.html

"Angela Steinfurth, 25, of 329 Valleywood Dr., had been charged in Toledo Municipal Court with child endangering for failing to get medical attention for her daughter, Elaina Steinfurth, after she knew the toddler was seriously injured. That charge was dismissed earlier today in municipal court because of the grand jury proceedings."

I hope AS isn't able to get out of jail.

It's possible she may be able to bond out.

But if she does get out of jail, I'm thinking that she will surround herself with people she is somewhat comfortable with and that may loosen her lips a bit

You know, when I heard that Angela was crying and saying "If he takes the baby, I will never see her again" I automatically thought she meant TJR. What if the baby did get hurt, badly bruised but not fatal injury.....what if someone did come in the back door and take Elaina so TJR's family would not see her injured. She would not want to give Tjr and his father any more ammunition to take her into court and get supervised visits only. I assume that Angela is getting welfare for the kids? Food stamps? She wouldn't want to lose those bennies.

When was the first time RS showed up after E disappeared? Do they have relatives in another state that would be foolish enough to hide her? Am I getting way out of line with my thinking? Or maybe a relative of the King family is hiding her?

You know, when I heard that Angela was crying and saying "If he takes the baby, I will never see her again" I automatically thought she meant TJR. What if the baby did get hurt, badly bruised but not fatal injury.....what if someone did come in the back door and take Elaina so TJR's family would not see her injured. She would not want to give Tjr and his father any more ammunition to take her into court and get supervised visits only. I assume that Angela is getting welfare for the kids? Food stamps? She wouldn't want to lose those bennies.

When was the first time RS showed up after E disappeared? Do they have relatives in another state that would be foolish enough to hide her? Am I getting way out of line with my thinking? Or maybe a relative of the King family is hiding her?

This is what I said in another post earlier today. I'm starting to wonder if King's family doesn't know exactly where she is. Remember it was already reported by AS's father that when he got there everyone was standing around like it was just another day, noone seemed worried at all. Leaving me to believe that everything was already discussed already and they weren't worried in the least. I mean bad mom or not you would think one of those family members would have been a little concerned, unless they already knew what was taking place.

It's possible she may be able to bond out.

Local news just spoke about the case on air. They didn't say anything about her bond but they did say that she can remain in jail for up to 90 days on current charges, which gave me the impression that the bond amount may still be the same. They also reported that she can again be charged with child endangerment later on among other charges.

I wonder if there were other charges put to the GJ that they did not indict her on? Will that info be released, does anyone know?

:moo::moo:

And I'd like to add too that I do think AS loved Elaina from what I saw on video, but maybe SK did injure her in some way and who knows maybe it was discussed between AS and SK that they would hide her and maybe AS wasn't up for it then when Elainas father showed up the second time she got scared and said okay and out the back door with her went SK. And because AS knew everything that had taken place she was afraid that Elainas father would take her away for good. Which left AS uncertain of what to do so she just went with it. Which could also explain her lack of remorse. She knows shes alive. Of course this is speculation, but I pray that it's right.

Haven't heard that at all. A lot of diapers have been found here and there and the FBI either has some that were found or has the location of that noted. I don't know how they follow up.

By now wouldn't the person holding the alive missing baby not give the baby up? Would he/she be willing to be in this much trouble for hiding the baby?

http://www.13abc.com/story/22672334...indicted-for-obstruction#.UcjB0_gy6ug.twitter

"Angela said the toddler had disappeared and police were called to the home where they were staying. Steinfurth is accused of communicating false information to the police.

She was arrested on child endangering charges on June 12th. Police say she knew Baby Elaina was hurt, but didn't seek medical attention for the girl.

It's not clear what will happen with the child endangerment charges. If the grand jury decides not to indict, they issue what's called a "no bill." That did not happen in this case. The final say on the indictment belongs to the grand jury."

By now wouldn't the person holding the alive missing baby not give the baby up? Would he/she be willing to be in this much trouble for hiding the baby?

That's what I mean they don't know how to give her back. Maybe they'll just drop her off somewhere one day. Who knows. Just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K