GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK for sure, but don't they have to have evidence there was a crime committed there before they can seal it off and declare it a crime scene? Whatever injuries the baby had, probably didn't leave any blood. Normally they don't seal off the house where a child goes missing unless they're conducting a full search. I'm sure they did search the house initially, right? So if there was no evidence of what happened, I guess they couldn't call it a crime scene. JMO

Yes BUT with a child that age, I think they can determine very early on that she did not run away from home, so either way a crime occurred right? Either someone came in and took her or someone inside took her. Its' frustrating alright. I do have renewed hope from the gas store employee's sighting. I so hope it is true !

I am starting to think the more time she is behind bars, the more comfy
she becomes, after all she is taken care of, food water, friends to talk with,
in other words a place to live, and sometimes that out weighs everything!
I am not sure are they allowed to smoke (cigarettes) when they go outside for fresh air, or not, some jails here in Canada they are allowed.

Some jails here allow it for some reason. Cigarettes are on the commissary list for jails in some of the cases I've followed. Apparently some inmates use cigarettes like money.

The longer this goes on, the more comfy AS, SK, JK, all of them get because they realize, "hey! We got away with this!" I'm sure they know that the physical evidence gets harder to find the longer Elaina is missing. I hope someone gets drunk and starts rambling soon... Hopefully someone gets comfortable and makes a mistake!

Bless searchers and LE in this heat! Prayers for baby Elaina. Please find her!

IDK for sure, but don't they have to have evidence there was a crime committed there before they can seal it off and declare it a crime scene? Whatever injuries the baby had, probably didn't leave any blood. Normally they don't seal off the house where a child goes missing unless they're conducting a full search. I'm sure they did search the house initially, right? So if there was no evidence of what happened, I guess they couldn't call it a crime scene. JMO

Well, who knows in that hellhole of a house. For all we know there could be a huge blood stain on that floor and all AS/JK had to do was throw some of the dirty laundry on it and call it good. I mean, that place is such a filthy disaster that who knows what is hiding under all that mess.

Well, today I'm leaving to go on my vacation. I'll miss you all, and as my friend doesn't have internet anymore, I'll have to keep updated through HLN as much as possible. I'll be back in several days or about a week. Many thank's to all who transcribed shows and provided updates and links! I hope in the meantime baby Elaina is found and the truth comes out. I feel as if we all are holding 'vigil' for baby Elaina here, and while I'm gone, I'll continue to think about and pray for our precious baby Elaina. See you all next week, and I hope everyone here has a good week too!

Praying for the Steinfurth family.

Praying baby Elaina is found soon.

Not much going on with this thread. Guess there isn't much to report. What's up with any additional charges by the Grand Jury?

Wow it is so quiet ! I wonder if something is going on ? I was hoping with the new court date and alleged sighting on Sunday morning, something might break soon .
Praying for this baby!

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=913870

"The witness, we'll call "Heather," did not want to be identified, but says she is 99.99% sure it was Angela. She claims Angela came in to the store and put the baby down, and Elaina was walking around the store as her mother shopped.

She says she is positive of the identity because Angela worked at the gas station a few months ago. She says Angela only worked there for a few weeks, but would not have mistaken her identity.

Heather says she worked with Angela every single morning for the weeks they worked together, and she recalls that Angela was always divulging personal information about herself and her home life."

More at link

Hopefully this is her downfall, sooner than later.

We should compare stories, if anyone is good at that. I'm multitasking, so I can't this second, but I will.

Whose stories do we have for the day of?

--Heather's (gas station attendant).
--JK's different interviews about who gave Elaina a bottle with times.
--SK's story via a relative about the day of that includes at least one outing.

Anyone else? I'm taking when TJ came over as an end point right now, but there was also the bit about SK and Mike (and JK if you believe her) leaving during the time Elaina was supposed to have been noticed missing.

It's certainly possible that whatever happened happened that morning, no? Where was K (sister) during the gas station visit? Who was keeping her? Is the gas station close enough to walk to?

It would really help if some of the other folks in that house talked about that morning :(

We should compare stories, if anyone is good at that. I'm multitasking, so I can't this second, but I will.

Whose stories do we have for the day of?

--Heather's (gas station attendant).
--JK's different interviews about who gave Elaina a bottle with times.
--SK's story via a relative about the day of that includes at least one outing.

Anyone else? I'm taking when TJ came over as an end point right now, but there was also the bit about SK and Mike (and JK if you believe her) leaving during the time Elaina was supposed to have been noticed missing.

It's certainly possible that whatever happened happened that morning, no? Where was K (sister) during the gas station visit? Who was keeping her? Is the gas station close enough to walk to?

It would really help if some of the other folks in that house talked about that morning :(

Did AS spend the night at SK's the night before or just come over the day Elaina went missing? I only ask because if she wasn't with SK the night before, considering they were broken up, then we know he didn't do anything to Elaina if he wasn't there, if the stories are true about Elaina being fine that morning. And what on earth could have upset him or AS so bad that they would have hurt her that day. I mean I might could see someone getting upset in the middle of the night over a fussy baby, but in the middle of the day? This story get stranger and harder to read everyday. Most of it makes no sense.

Did AS spend the night at SK's the night before or just come over the day Elaina went missing? I only ask because if she wasn't with SK the night before, considering they were broken up, then we know he didn't do anything to Elaina if he wasn't there, if the stories are true about Elaina being fine that morning. And what on earth could have upset him or AS so bad that they would have hurt her that day. I mean I might could see someone getting upset in the middle of the night over a fussy baby, but in the middle of the day? This story get stranger and harder to read everyday. Most of it makes no sense.

SK's mom said she let Angela come on Sat to stay the night because she had no where else to go and the babies were cold and wet. So that is the main place, that I know of , that Sat night is ' verified' to be when Angela went there with the babies.

I'm growing skeptical over this sighting by the gas station gal Heather. Why now? Why not 3 weeks ago ? I'm assuming everyone in the Toledo area is aware of this case so why wait 3 weeks to help out a missing baby ? What's the motivation for coming forward at all and why the considerable delay ?

Baby Elaina will not be covered on NG tonite and it looks as though it will not be on tomorrow night.

I am not sure about Dr. Drew or JVM.

Nothing new to report.

I'm growing skeptical over this sighting by the gas station gal Heather. Why now? Why not 3 weeks ago ? I'm assuming everyone in the Toledo area is aware of this case so why wait 3 weeks to help out a missing baby ? What's the motivation for coming forward at all and why the considerable delay ?

It wasn't 3 weeks, it was 6 days.

From the news article, "She says she filed the report the Saturday after the baby went missing, six days later. She did not think her information was relevant until more facts of the case started to emerge."

From the news article, "She says she filed the report the Saturday after the baby went missing, six days later. She did not think her information was relevant until more facts of the case started to emerge."

Sadly, everything is relevant

Yes BUT with a child that age, I think they can determine very early on that she did not run away from home, so either way a crime occurred right? Either someone came in and took her or someone inside took her. Its' frustrating alright. I do have renewed hope from the gas store employee's sighting. I so hope it is true !

Like I said, IDK... different LE have different ways of handling things. I just wish this baby could be found and this thing settled, it's heartbreaking. I can't read the thread half the time... too many babies and children disappearing and ending up dead. I can't take much more!!
What monster would want to hurt this precious baby??!!!

This woman is mistaken with her timing imo.
thats the only thing that makes sense.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/08/18/sc.mother.children.psychology/index.html

"The vast majority of mothers who kill their children have a form of diagnosable mental illness, but most are not receiving appropriate treatment for it at the time of the murders, Kaslow said. A high number of them are economically underprivileged, she said, and they are commonly single, unemployed parents. They may have been the victims of trauma or abuse..."

"Most women who kill their children have extreme personal problems or a lot of stress in their lives," Kaslow said.

"Getting rid of the children is just about getting rid of her own pain, not about thinking about the children as separate from her."
--Paula Bruce, clinical and forensic psychologist

"In many cases, mothers who turn against their own children have chronic depression, Bruce said. Continual feelings of insufficiency and unexpressed anger can build up over time; killing one's own children is the "ultimate expression of rage," she said.

This kind of behavior can also point to borderline personality disorder, a condition marked by impulsive behaviors and instability of moods and emotions, Bruce said. People with this condition have unstable relationships because they go from one extreme to another, treating people with admiration and love but then quickly directing intense anger toward them."

...Makes me wonder why the police don't employ a top flight trauma expert (psychologist or psychiatrist) during the first few days when the baby goes missing. Very difficult to build repore with these women- Angela 'trust-no-one' Mories- but there are a talented few out there who've made it their career to do just that (borderline whisperers). Why not pay these professionals expert witness type wages to "comfort" the family members and see if they could get these moms to come clean. These moms aren't going to feel for their babies until after they get in touch with their own feelings associated with their childhood trauma/abuse. Basically, the shrink could try to help induce a catharsis- which is a valid therapeutic technique. There are some real pros out there. Seems like money well spent when you consider all the LE resources being spent on this case.

Obviously, this would all have to be done before they lawyer up.

Just a thought-

I read somewhere that Sk's mom and dad were estranged (not divorced but don't live together). Why then, was SK's dad sitting on the front porch with JK when TJ jr and then TJ sr showed up to pick up the girls? Makes you wonder if someone called him and asked him to help for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9