GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the hair that was found by the fisherman within the week -
There was actually hair that was pulled up by a FIRST fisherman JUNE 23rd. And yet... they aren't diving.

It will be at www.toledofreepress.com soon. As soon as it is - I will (or someone will) post the link.

Family members will be informed shortly...
If you are here ferretmommy - the Free Press will be speaking with TJ shortly.

HAH!
You guys beat me to it. Well played.
Anyway - the free press is on the way to talk to the family.

In regards to the hair that was found by the fisherman within the week -
There was actually hair that was pulled up by a FIRST fisherman JUNE 23rd. And yet... they aren't diving.

It will be at www.toledofreepress.com soon. As soon as it is - I will (or someone will) post the link.

Family members will be informed shortly...
If you are here ferretmommy - the Free Press will be speaking with TJ shortly.

Thank you for the official confirmation TOLEDO.

I can't even express the level of frustration and WTF-ness that is boiling inside me right now over this. That first bit of hair BETTER be WAY FURTHER on it's way to having the lab testing done by now. That is THE ONLY good thing about this, is that they now should have a head start on the hair testing, since they had some if it a week earlier than first stated.

"Boswell said the police told him they were getting the strands tested and would get back to him. He said they haven’t contacted him since."

So? It's been since June 23, that's going on a week and a half now. How bout those test results, LE? Pretty please?

re: WTF FRUSTRATION

Off the record - MY OPINION ONLY:
It is generally how the East Side is treated in these manners. If such things were occurring in Ottawa Hills or Sylvania - I highly doubt anyone would be dragging their heels.

I realize it makes things sound biased... but I call them as I see them when I am off the record.

HAH!
You guys beat me to it. Well played.
Anyway - the free press is on the way to talk to the family.

Do you have any insight into why LE seems to be keeping the family out of the loop? Is that the norm for them during active investigations or is there something more at play here? I hope that it isn't related to FM posting here. This site invests so much in ensuring that nothing posted here could potentially interfere with any current investigation or court proceedings.

ETA: and you answered my question before I even posted it!

This past Sunday was my bday. The only thing I wanted was for baby Elaina to be found. I'm even more heartbroken that she still hasn't come home BUT maybe that "tuft of hair" may be the beginning of Elaina fighting to come back home to her daddy, sissy, & loving grandparents.

I don't know this family; but, I kind of feel like I do in some way through this beautiful baby. My heart aches for them.

:cupcake:Happy Birthday to you! A few days late.

I too was sad, thinking about Elaina over the weekend when my family attended a dance competition … seeing all the beautiful ladies and girls dressed up in their finest attire; there were two small girls walking around the carpeted floor picking up something/s and putting in cups they were holding. When they walked by us they were intently looking and looking at the floor, and all of a sudden the smallest one said with excitement - "I found a sparkle!" She picked it up and put it in her cup. The "sparkle" was a rhinestone that had fallen off the dance dresses the ladies were wearing. The little girls were collecting sparkles. I thought of Elaina and how I hope she would be able to collect sparkles one day.:heartluv: :heartbeat:

Missing children cases just break my heart. I can't imagine the heartache the family feels. Ferrret mommy, I check Elaina's thread everyday, several times a day for news. Elaina, I hope you are found soon.

:please: bring news of the baby !

Why am I starting to think that the person running the FB "Find Baby Elaina" site and the FreePress reporter are one and the same?

Why am I starting to think that the person running the FB "Bring Elaina Home" site and the FreePress reporter are one and the same?

Are there FreePress reporters coming to speak to you right now ?

Why am I starting to think that the person running the FB "Find Baby Elaina" site and the FreePress reporter are one and the same?

The person running that page is a Free Press freelance columnist. My understanding is that he is running it without the support of the TFP though (he isn't allowed to use their name). I *thought* it was said Toledo is the editor of the TFP.

Do we think this is credible there was a second find of hair?

I had my doubts when it was first said on the FB page (that has a history of reporting false rumors) but I will *assume* that the TFP checked their sources before they ran with it. With that said, I think it is probably credible that two men reported fishing up human hair but that doesn't mean it really was human hair.

(Didn't fredlefevbre already confirm this? Someone please correct me if wrong.)

(Didn't fredlefevbre already confirm this? Someone please correct me if wrong.)

He did. I will try to find the post.

ETA: Fred

The FB page is not run by a group of reporters or producers. It is the "brainchild" of one guy who happens to write a column occasionally for the Toledo Free Press. He did not have permission to use the Free Press name or to involve the Free Press in any way in the FB page. I spoke personally with Editor in Chief Michael Miller on this topic.

Toledo

I checked out the FBook page run by local news people and producers...
It seems odd to me that all news stations here have their own pages (web and fbook) and some (if not all) have special sections about Elaina...

And these news people aren't identifying themselves. I'm stumped. I'm sorry I can't help with this one.

EDIT:
"jeremy baumhower"

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ well that's easy enough to check out.

All I can offer tonight is thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers. FM and both Tjs so many prayers coming your way. I want Elaina to come home to your loving arms. I wish for peace for all of your family. I pray for Tpd to get guidance and take more action. I pray for resolution. My heart is with FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC