GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the theory that she was either accidentally injured which resulted in death and then the cover-up or was she purposely abused which resulted in death and then the cover-up? And therefore actual pre-meditated murder is not the case here? I am sort of confused.

Obviously I don't KNOW what happened to Elaina. Just stating that head injuries often don't appear as severe as they are for some hours later. Concussions, shaken baby, blunt force trauma... no idea. But the brain does swell after an injury and symptoms appear then. With medical attention, doctors could possibly have diagnosed an injury before the worse symptoms occurred. Just don't know, because don't know what happened! We only have the blood from a nostril, black eye, and possible broken nose reported IIRC! Just my observations that an injury to the head could have caused the above symptoms!

Now whether the injuries, if there were head injuries, were intended to cause, or a reasonable person thought those injuries could result in death, then IMO that's premeditated murder. If there was abuse, that result in the head injuries, no medical care, again, IMO premeditated murder. If Elaina fell and got a head injury, thus an accidental injury, and medical care was withheld, I don't know what the charges would be.

I pray the autopsy will be able to reveal the COD.

Obviously I don't KNOW what happened to Elaina. Just stating that head injuries often don't appear as severe as they are for some hours later. Concussions, shaken baby, blunt force trauma... no idea. But the brain does swell after an injury and symptoms appear then. With medical attention, doctors could possibly have diagnosed an injury before the worse symptoms occurred. Just don't know, because don't know what happened! We only have the blood from a nostril, black eye, and possible broken nose reported IIRC! Just my observations that an injury to the head could have caused the above symptoms!

Now whether the injuries, if there were head injuries, were intended to cause, or a reasonable person thought those injuries could result in death, then IMO that's premeditated murder. If there was abuse, that result in the head injuries, no medical care, again, IMO premeditated murder. If Elaina fell and got a head injury, thus an accidental injury, and medical care was withheld, I don't know what the charges would be.

I pray the autopsy will be able to reveal the COD.

Thank-you for your reply....you were the only one! I am confused as to what actually happened and who is responsible. Right now, to me, this whole thing seems like a bunch of irresponsible adults (on both sides) who let a poor little baby die....Negligence...if any adult on either side of this family knew this baby could be in trouble due to the lifestyle of either parent...IMO... Call for help ...otherwise ...I see no evidence for a murder charge

I feel some comfort knowing Elaina is now safe from any more harm and now her family can lay her to rest. Bless her heart.

But then I think about what could of happened in her last moments. I pray she just went to sleep. That she wasnt in any pain. I pray with all my heart that her family gets truth and answers. I burst into tears thinking about this. I just dont understand how someone can hurt a child......

I hope answers come soon! Those who hurt her deserve the worst punishment imaginable.

I have a page from Toledo paper, not sure if there is anything new. I'm going back to read more.
I cant understand why with the garage in such bad shape they didnt tear it down in the beginning. The City would have the right as it is an eyesore and a hazard. :seeya:

P.S. I guess I am alone.LOL

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=943499

There are many posts on the FB site today from Elaina's family/community that are just so heartfelt and full of love for Elaina! She is truely loved by so many, and so many that have never met her. The determination, the vigils by family and friends, the efforts by so many searchers. It is amazing how much love this precious sweet girl has brought to so many, not to mention everyone here. I wish she had felt one ounce of this love from her mother!

I, personally, do not have the answers. But, I can promise you that I have been in the shoes of a family that has 'lost' a precious baby and I know for a fact that most of the time LE KNOWS WHAT and WHO was responsible, but without PROOF there is nothing they can do. Sad fact of life. :( My heart goes out for anyone who has been there.

Like everyone else, my heart is so sad, and heavy to know another innocent little child's life has been destroyed.:(

But I do ponder certain things since I am not sure which one is the actual culprit and which one conspired to cover up Elaina's murder up.

Over the years I have read about profiles of mothers who kill their own children and there are certain things that stay pretty consistent (not all the time) as there will always be variables depending on the individual perpetrator.

These are the questions I would like to know. I am sure the profilers are looking hard at all of these things closely because sometimes a lot can be learned about the suspect just by finding the child's remains.

I remember thinking when I read it that it fit Casey Anthony to a T.

1. Mothers tend to leave the child's remains very close to the location where the child supposedly went 'missing' from and close to where the perp lives.

2. Mothers tend to swaddle the murdered child. Blanket, clothing, even adding toys to the container.

3. Mothers tend to leave the child's body above ground rather than burying them.

4. Mothers tend to put the child's body inside some type of container. Plastic bag, laundry bag, box or other container.

Fathers tend do the opposite. They often will take their child or children long distances away from where they went missing. Even to another state sometimes. They will discard in deep woods or bury the child.

So the profilers can tell a lot by the very way Elaina was put into that computer box, imo, and already have a pretty good idea which gender probably did this.

IMO

Emotions run so high when something like this happens and I feel we might never know COD unless someone talks or they find something in the autopsy.

Unfortunately most children Elaina'a age who are murdered died from blunt force trauma so they may very well know COD if there are fractures to her skull.

Forgive me if this has been discussed, is FBI or local police in charge here?

Oh my..i just saw on my fox news app her remains most likely were found in the rafters. So sadright now. Poor baby girl. You deserved better. :*(

My question is why oh why is this not getting the attention that Caylee got? Is it the financial circumstances? Sheesh! This is a nightmare! Baby laid there for how long? For the entire time I sadly surmise. Almost no media attention at all. Why? Most likely because is not in the the right financial bracket. It makes me ill. Elaina may you fly, soar with the Eagles.

Like everyone else, my heart is so sad, and heavy to know another innocent little child's life has been destroyed.:(

But I do ponder certain things since I am not sure which one is the actual culprit and which one conspired to cover up Elaina's murder up.

Over the years I have read about profiles of mothers who kill their own children and there are certain things that stay pretty consistent (not all the time) as there will always be variables depending on the individual perpetrator.

These are the questions I would like to know. I am sure the profilers are looking hard at all of these things closely because sometimes a lot can be learned about the suspect just by finding the child's remains.

1. Mothers tend to leave the child's remains very close to the location where the child supposedly went 'missing' from and close to where the perp lives.

2. Mothers tend to swaddle the murdered child. Blanket, clothing, even adding toys to the container.

3. Mothers tend to leave the child's body above ground rather than burying them.

4. Mothers tend to put the child's body inside some type of container. Plastic bag, laundry bag, box or other container.

Fathers tend do the opposite. They often will take their child or children long distances away from where they went missing. Even to another state sometimes. They will discard in deep woods or bury the child.

So the profilers can tell a lot by the very way Elaina was put into that computer box, imo, and already have a pretty good idea which gender probably did this.

IMO

Thank you, OBE, for your informative post. I posted last night about the blanket, as well as about hearts (re JBR, heart drawn on palm).

As well, I am reminded of fathers who have killed their own children, and the one case I wanted to bring-up for reference, I cannot atm recall the victim's name. Maybe you can help...she was a biracial child with red hair, and after he had buried her far away in a woods area, he went back and moved her body. LE had GPS on him...busted.

All said, THIS case does not involve the father of the victim but rather a boyfriend. He may have carried the box up to the rafters but I strongly suspect, as your post indicates, that the mother placed the baby's body in the box.

Tragic case, no matter how we analyze or dissect it.

~jmo~

Unfortunately most children Elaina'a age who are murdered died from blunt force trauma so they may very well know COD if there are fractures to her skull.

As well, could have been a contrecoup injury, leaving little evidence now that tissues have decomposed.

~jmo~

I keep thinking about Elaina's older sister & how not only will she suffer now from missing her sister, but how she will suffer again later, as she grows up, as she learns that her sister was murdered (my opinion) & thrown into a box & left to rot in a garage filled with trash.

My heart breaks for this sweet baby, an innocent life snuffed out so young. My heart breaks for her sister, their father, & for all those who loved Elaina & will suffer & carry this loss with them for the rest of their lives.

I hope the guilty pay.

Conditions don't sound very unsafe according to Shiewe either...at least not so unsafe that the cadaver dogs could not go in between the bike parts and turtles. All so fascinating what he is saying right now.

Turtles can be quite smelly...a possible way to try to cover odour (if any) in the garage

IMO

Thank You for your post...

I do know that medical science has came a long way since the tragedy our family went through and our case was nothing like this one, but, we still lost a baby and we still feel the effects of that tragedy. All I am speaking from is the experience that our family suffered and how it was handled.

I meant no harm or any disagreements, just going on the intense feelings that these cases bring out in me. :( Not every case is textbook.

My deepest compassion for this baby, her family, I do know horror, the shock, the sadness, they are feeling.

God Bless

If there was any internal bleeding inside of her skull that might have stained the skull cap, this could help prove internal cranial hemorrhaging.

IMO

And this fits JonBen*t too......

:banghead:

I just looked at AS's tweets from spring of 2012. It certainly appears that she was very happy to be a wife and mother. Speaks lovingly of TJ and the girls.....something happened that broke her heart shortly after that. Makes me sad. JMO, but I think she is in a major depression.

When AS said to her cell mate ( yes i understand the cellie may be lying ) that she herself AS had thrown the baby into the river, that was a lie. IIRC SK has never said where the baby was until this week and that location proved to be true. Some have said AS may have not known where the baby actually was and that SK hid her without her knowledge of the exact location. But AS did know for sure that she herself AS did not throw the baby into the river because the baby was not in the river. AS is the guilty(er) party here and has been trying to cover her butt. If SK is the main actor and caused the baby's death :(, why didn't AS say that sooner? Why did AS say she's in the river? Because AS did not want her found because that puts a murder charge on her. If SK had killed her baby and hid her, why would she send LE on a wild goose chase for weeks on end at the Maumee ? AS ( insert every cuss word you ever heard x 10 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46