OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transcript of now deleted YouTube video on Harley's channel titled "Im scared..." from October 2018:

"What’s up? It is Harley Dilly. Probably one of the worst day of my life.

So, basically, I, um, was at school and I had a science test and I finished it and my computer says 1% battery left so I get to the next class and I put it on the charger as quick as possible but it didn’t charge. None of the computers would take a charge. So, I took it back and I had to fill out a complaint and that’s one of the most expensive parts of the computer and my mom said she’s not paying anything. That’s when I got home. So then, my mom wanted to go with her to go get a friend and I said “I don’t wanna, I have work to do so I wanna go home and stay.” She said no, we argued for about a good five minutes and then she snapped. She said she was gonna call the police and she said she already did. She said “who do you think that first call was to?” and she said it was the police, but I knew it wasn’t because she wouldn’t do that because I went to my school, I went to talk to my assistant principal because he’s like the only person I can really trust in this. So, I went to talk to him and he told me that my mom never called the police, so she lied to me to get me scared.

She locked me out of the house, so right now I’m outside, the house is locked. Um, it is 3:30pm, I haven’t ate anything and I still haven’t got to get my work done. My mom is gone, she won’t answer the phone. So right now, I’m the only one outside. I got nothin better to do, so what’s the point? So I thought I would stream this because I’m not doing a video of this.

I legit was scared because I thought I was gonna have to go to DH for 30 days because if I get another complaint to the police, I’m going to DH for 30 days. I mean, I’ve already took a YouTube leave, but I’m tryin to do stuff guys. If you knew what was going on in my life…

It’s just been a horrible week. I wish I could cram it all up and throw it in the trash can of eternity and just start writing a new story. But gotta stick with the story until tomorrow.

But not everything has been bad, school has been going great. But now I’m behind in grades. It’s too hard. Basketball is coming up, so. I don’t even know what to do anymore. I just wish I wasn’t outside. I wish I didn’t make all of these decisions.

I literally was balling out in tears because I thought I was about to have to go to the police station. And get taken away for 30 days, missing out on all my friends, my mentor, my teachers, school. I know a lot of people don’t like school but my opinion is school is the only place you can really be during the week, so you should use that time wisely.

I wish I was at my friends but my mom told me if I’m not here when she gets back there will be consequences. So, I’m hoping nothing bad happens. But I’m still going to stay on until my mom gets back. But guys…this is a very serious moment. I’m not even going to ask for likes and subscribes. I just want you guys to wish me good luck because the future could hold bad things for me. And I don’t want to find out what that can mean. That could mean me not going to Washington DC for my field trip. Which by the way, I was going to vlog that whole trip, so if you wanna have that happen…nah, I’m not gonna do it, I’m not gonna do it. I’ll do it at a later date but. I’m just so sad. Christmas is coming up and I’m trying to earn myself an Xbox 1, so I can play Fortnite with my friend James. You remember James, from that basketball video. Yeah.

*long pause and sigh*

You’re not going to see a lot of gameplay of games anymore. I saw those weren’t doing very good, so I stopped. But if you do want me to play a mobile game that you think would be fun to watch, leave a comment down below what you want because I’ll do it.

My mom is calling me, see you guys. Sorry. Bye."

this totally has broken my heart. just catching up on this thread but I really feel for this kid, regardless of any bad behavior. He's obviously hurting and I wish I could help..

Hoping he is found :( :( :(

I agree with the pleas for Harley to return home being about Mom and not Harley.
I agree that they should be reassuring Harley that everything is okay. That they can figure this out. That they will take care of him. He's a child. It isn't his job to bring his mother out of a depression. Ohhhh yep just like my mother. :mad:

That Grandpa is Mom's father... so that could be a big part of it. If Grandpa isn't a big fan of his son in law.

I think it's been made pretty clear his environment wasn't the best. Harley showed that himself through his videos.

Yup, same here. That's why I can see it. And it's ALL based on their own words. Hers, grandpa and Harley. Anyone with half an understanding of child psychology can see what's happening

I’ve overwhelmed by how little concern there was for this boy. He’s so incredibly hungry for attention, from anyone, it’s sickening & sad.

I can’t imagine sending my kid off to school when he wasn’t feeling well, then ignoring phone calls.
Doesn’t every parent encourage their kid to go and instructs them if they feel worse to go to the nurse & call home?

The moms FACEBOOK post is really upsetting me.

Having raised a son recently, I can tell you permissive parenting, like this, is VERY COMMON now.

Yes. This is becoming an all too common form of parenting, and so is teen suicide. And people don't see the link.[/QUOTE]

Right? I have three boys and can't imagine if one of them didn't come home just being like, Oh well I guess he'll come home whenever.
and then just letting over an entire day pass by like it's nothing. I find that extremely odd. Granted, my boys are a bit younger than Harley, but still.. it's unfathomable to me. MOO

I’ve overwhelmed by how little concern there was for this boy. He’s so incredibly hungry for attention, from anyone, it’s sickening & sad.

I can’t imagine sending my kid off to school when he wasn’t feeling well, then ignoring phone calls.
Doesn’t every parent encourage their kid to go and instructs them if they feel worse to go to the nurse & call home?

The moms FACEBOOK post is really upsetting me.

I think this is why he's worked his way into so many hearts. Because we do see what was wrong.

Port Clinton Police Department
DATE: Monday, December 30th, 2019

RE: Harley Dilly Press Conference

Good Afternoon,

• There is no additional information to share about the case today.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state and local law enforcement partners – I want to thank them for their assistance.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job – we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• Briefing on this case will shift from a daily in-person briefing to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via the Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the briefing will be held.

• This shift in briefing allows us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise – we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information

• Again, we are working tirelessly to bring Harley home.

Chief Hickman

Press conference earlier, another today at 3:00pm:

The sadness shows. God Bless
Good to see the FBI,along with other agencies is on this. I hope Harley is found safe. I hope he has someone he can really trust to reach out to,and be a Safe Haven for him. Praying for You Harley wherever you are. I hope you are safe.

I've tried to keep up with all the details so I apologize if this is posted somewhere.

Do we know if it was common for Harley to be absent/truant from school? Or would it have been unusual for him to miss school? We know he didn't want to go that day and said he felt sick, but just curious on past attendance records.

Also it sounds like they can't definitively say he DID start walking to school that day? Is the only "evidence" of this the grainy dash cam photo that they aren't sure if it's him or not?

I'm trying so hard not to, I really am. I think though, that as a mother, I'm sort of confused by the timeline. From what we have been told, Harley said he was feeling sick that Friday morning 12/20. Mom told him to go to school anyways. Harley did not show up to school that morning, and the school attempted to contact the mother via cell phone call but she didn't get the call. There have been a few reasons given for this by the mom, but I believe the most current reason she gave is because she didn't realize her voice mail was full. I would just think that any mother who sent their child to school who wasn't feeling well in the first place would make sure their phone was close by and watching just in case the child really was sick and the illness progressed and the school might call to come pick up the child.

Harley does not come home from school that Friday afternoon, nor does he contact his family. They drive 25 miles away to have dinner and drinks that evening around 9pm. Apparently nobody was concerned about whether Harley was hungry or still sick :(. Or even where he was for that matter.

Another 24 hours goes by, it's now Saturday the 21st late evening and the family finally calls LE to report Harley missing. I know people have different parenting styles but I can't imagine anyone waiting that long, especially knowing your child said he felt sick. I would have been sick with worry!

41 hours...that not normal.

The search for Harley Dilly ramps up, one week after his disappearance

TOLEDO, Ohio (WNWO) — The search for 14-year-old Harley Dilly may be spreading across the country, but right here in Port Clinton, community members are doing their part in helping find the teenager that's been missing for the last week.

For the second consecutive day, Port Clinton Police Chief Rob Hickman addressed the search for Harley still with little answers.

He says he's going to have an update every day at 3 p.m. until Harley is brought home.

"The main focus is to get Harley home to mom and dad. Thank you."

Harley went missing around 7 a.m. on December 20th, after he was supposed to be walking to school.

Chief Hickman says he doesn't have a history of running away, and doesn't believe he was abducted.

Officers were called to Harley's home a month ago for a "family issue" to calm down Harley. Officers have been silent on how Harley is as a kid and his behavior.

In a video that was shared to NBC 24 from Harley's YouTube page, coming from last year, Harley expressed his frustrations at home.

"He told me that my mom never called the police. So she lied to me to get me scared, and she locked me out of the house. So right now, I'm outside."
continued/video at link

I've tried to keep up with all the details so I apologize if this is posted somewhere.

Do we know if it was common for Harley to be absent/truant from school? Or would it have been unusual for him to miss school? We know he didn't want to go that day and said he felt sick, but just curious on past attendance records.

Also it sounds like they can't definitively say he DID start walking to school that day? Is the only "evidence" of this the grainy dash cam photo that they aren't sure if it's him or not?

All we know is that Harley did have some medical issues as well as some behavioral/psychological issues. So we are guessing that absences may not have been too uncommon.

Harley does not come home from school that Friday afternoon, nor does he contact his family. They drive 25 miles away to have dinner and drinks that evening around 9pm. Apparently nobody was concerned about whether Harley was hungry or still sick :(. Or even where he was for that matter.

Another 24 hours goes by, it's now Saturday the 21st late evening and the family finally calls LE to report Harley missing.
bbm
Snipped for focus
That is indeed odd.
Or did Harley go missing before for a few days and turned up after being at a friend's home ?
So this wasn't out of the norm for him ?

I have a 14 year old son and 15 year old. I couldn't imagine what this family is dealing with. I for one would have called the police the very second I was told my child wasn't at school. Prayers he's found soon.

41 hours...that not normal.
Unless you are a rebellious teenager,or have a rebellious Teenager. They said he's done this before,but came back. So I'm thinking they thought giving him some time,and space would help,and he'd be back, safe and sound like before. So they acted normal,carried on with normal daily life. No worries he'll be back,and we'll get through these teenage years,look back and laugh,and joke about those wild bygone trying Teenage years.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member