OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It made sense but I’m not sure I agree.
If Harley was “sick” and wanted to stay home doesn’t it make sense that if Heather had allowed him that he would have just... stayed home?
That doesn’t sound like he was trying to meet up with someone to me.
Perhaps he felt sick and anxious because he knew someone was waiting to confront him.

amateur opinion and speculation

We’ll have to differ on this one. The detective didn’t seem at all convinced. I took it more as “the way he was dressed it lead us to believe he could be”. I also hope he wasn’t meeting anyone.
I absolutely believe he was, and that is why he was “sick” and wanted to stay home that day.

I absolutely believe he was, and that is why he was “sick” and wanted to stay home that day.

I’m struggling with the decent time gap between when he apparently lost internet access either by being grounded or his device breaking (last post 12-14) and the day he went missing.

I don’t think an internet predator is going to schedule a 6am pick up time 6 days later. That seems like a reach to me. But anything is possible. Creeps are creeps!

I’m struggling with the decent time gap between when he apparently lost internet access either by being grounded or his device breaking (last post 12-14) and the day he went missing.

I don’t think an internet predator is going to schedule a 6am pick up time 6 days later. That seems like a reach to me. But anything is possible. Creeps are creeps!
Harley probably had a burner phone

i checked social blade on the 2.0 yt account and in last 30 days subs are up 1,000 and views are over 21,000. earnings of 5 to 86 bucks. now MOO, if harley is hanging out somewhere then i'd imagine he is aware of these numbers.

I don't know what to think about the Live PD video. Some of those statements are very alarming, but it's worded so poorly that it's hard to tell if LE does indeed think he was meeting someone or if that's just another line of investigation. I'm sure they are tracing all of his various SM accounts & digital footprint, and know a great deal about who he was in regular contact with & the context. The public comments on everything I've seen all seem tobe sports trash- talking type stuff, including the one about finding him IRL. Just smack talk. I don't think a true predator is going to announce it in public comments. That's ridiculous.

I can't tell if that grainy shot is Harley or not. I'm leaning towards not; it's could be anyone. I would hope his parents could tell if it's him or not, by his gait or clothing. I don't think the sober living house next door is any kind of a threat & it seems clear that it's very tightly run & a coveted spot for those in recovery.

I would be surprised if Harley didn't have a burner phone. Who doesn't have a few old phones knocking around in the back of a drawer somewhere? Who keeps a running inventory of them? SM is very important to Harley & he's a smart kid, I think it's very likely he had a back up. Even if he could only text/call on the burner, he'd still have communication.

I continue to have hope that Harley is holed up somewhere, but it's increasingly difficult.

MOO

Yes any phone that could connect to wifi he could communicate with. It's highly likely he was able to acquire one that could do the bare minimum that he needed.

It’s Harley’s favorite color. He even mentions it in one of his videos and how it doesn’t matter to him that people say pink is for girls.

Harley is an awesome kid. I love that he doesn't care what people think.

Whoa wait a min hold the phone. Has ANYONE been on HD's yt channel lately?? He has Video's missing. The one from the day before he went missing is no longer avail, the one titled "I'm scared" from when his Mom locked him out and also the one with the fighting in the background all seem to be GONE! Actually a LOT of his videos have vanished off of Haley Dilly 2.0
Yes I assumed either law enforcement or family was removing them or setting them to private because the family has been getting crucified on social media as a result. Especially the I’m Scared video. Also it is my opinion that local LE is heavily monitoring the activity on the port Clinton group because a lot of their announcements seem to be rations to what happens there.

I had to go back to hear it, my head started spinning with confusing and conflicting details I went into WTF mode and my ears kinda shut off before the end. It was like "lalala I can't hear you" because who really needs to hear bathing habits of a 14 y/o...sorry but I feel like a perv after hearing that. They could have said "He has some OCD bathing habits" and left it at that. I need to know the number of times the child takes a bath. That poor kid doesn't need, what MIGHT be considered humiliating information to one his age, out there for the world to hear. That took up WAY to much air time. All they had to say was what I said. "OCD bathing habits" or "OCD habits" and then other information.

If I were to tell people my son went to the bathroom more times then I felt was necessary they would wonder what was wrong with him. We don't know if that information is really true or something that the parents just said. So why put it out there? The parents MIGHT feel like he bathes that many times a day, and maybe he isn't comfortable taking a bath at friends houses. I know I'm not, even if it's a friends house, it isn't my home and some of my friends are asses that walk in and toss water over the shower curtain. Plus, all my stuff is at home. Maybe his friends parents want to keep their bills lower b/c of number of people they already accommodate. FFS I have a household of 6, I don't need another grubby teen comin to my house takin a shower.

See what I mean by bathroom habits weren't really needing to be a focus in the information released? The phone, social media, last time anyone spoke to/saw him, what he was wearing and where he was heading, what his hobbies include (not including bathroom), possibly his mood/temper that day, how he was feeling that day, reason he didn't want to attend school that day. THAT would have been needed info.
They did say the camera caught him at 6:08 am. IMO that is too early for school and 18 degrees that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe