OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, enroute to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but think that LE is putting too much weight in that horrible grainy 6:08 photo being Harley. The timing is off from when mom reports he left (650a). It could literally be one of many teens walking to school in that area. It doesn’t look like that person has on a puffy coat. If you took an image of my child like that it would look like Harley too!

Previously Hickman has stated it “could be him”. Not that it was. Whereas this guy seemed to think it definitely was. Harleys mom is insistent that he didn’t run away yet that’s exactly what LE is saying happened.

And a kid wanting to stay home sick isn’t wanting to or planning to meet up with someone communicating via a phone he doesn’t have.

Im tired and upset at this case and Harley not being found. This information should have happened long before Day 15 if they thought he was meeting up with someone.

I truly hope they are exploring other possibilities. I hope Harley is ok.

Thanks, that's helpful.

And yea, if he wanted to stay home sick, then it seems like he wouldn't have been planning to meet up with someone. But a random abduction on the way to school just feels so unlikely. But maybe I'm wrong, I have no idea at this point.

HD wanted to stay home from school, His mom didn't say he was sick just that he didn't want to go to school. There have been many times that there has been something else my son had wanted to do that he asked me to call him in and I told him he was going to school like it or not. SO, HD possibly knew his Mom would tell him he was going to school regardless and he just changed his path to go to whatever it was he wanted to do that day and his path was changed for whatever reason. It could have been he was abducted, it could have been he met someone that was taking him away from his current home situation, or he was meeting someone to hang with. We don't know what narrative his life took from him walking out that door. IF it was even that day he walked out that door since his Mom IS on medication. Remember the Mom had a heart attack and stroke 10 months ago and they almost lost her. (I got that info from one of HD's videos) SO, how strong is her memory? I know 10 months after my stroke I was doing good to remember my name, and now I am 9 years post stroke and I have to ask my Mom how old I am some days (38 if anyone was wondering).

SO, just how solid is her memory? I'm NOT picking on the mother I am just wondering as I have one of the same conditions. I would hate for someone to say it is her fault when it isn't. Where was his father at this point in time as well? Shouldn't he have been home or did he leave earlier for work? (Like I said there are times my memory is crap, I will go back and read through everything again, but I haven't really seen it say) I know that they have said that the father had been away for days at a time sometimes, was this one of those times?

LE has determined he was going to meet someone. I firmly believe they know this. I think they had a set time planned and also I think a predator would not want to be that close to the school with early morning activity. Employees arriving, teachers, etc. Of course that's just me.

This is just my opinion and of course I could be totally off base.

We’ll have to differ on this one. The detective didn’t seem at all convinced. I took it more as “the way he was dressed it lead us to believe he could be”. I also hope he wasn’t meeting anyone.

Kids that are so social media savvy & can be so resourceful & sneaky it’s scary considering how STUPID they are about the dangers.
I recall taking my sons phone away at night to make sure he wasn’t on it all night at that age. He didn’t balk. Which I found odd. Little did I know, he still had at least three other ways to communicate - iPad, Xbox and a Amazon tablet!
Exactly what happened to me. I took my daughters phone and tablet at night when she was supposed to be studying and sleeping. She didnt seem upset about me taking them every night.

Eventually my son told me she was texting with her I-pod. lol. I had no idea. I thought that just played music. :rolleyes:

HD wanted to stay home from school, His mom didn't say he was sick just that he didn't want to go to school. There have been many times that there has been something else my son had wanted to do that he asked me to call him in and I told him he was going to school like it or not. SO, HD possibly knew his Mom would tell him he was going to school regardless and he just changed his path to go to whatever it was he wanted to do that day and his path was changed for whatever reason. It could have been he was abducted, it could have been he met someone that was taking him away from his current home situation, or he was meeting someone to hang with. We don't know what narrative his life took from him walking out that door. IF it was even that day he walked out that door since his Mom IS on medication. Remember the Mom had a heart attack and stroke 10 months ago and they almost lost her. (I got that info from one of HD's videos) SO, how strong is her memory? I know 10 months after my stroke I was doing good to remember my name, and now I am 9 years post stroke and I have to ask my Mom how old I am some days (38 if anyone was wondering).

This says that mom claimed Harley said “he felt sick” and didn’t want to go to school.

Ohio Boy, 14, Hasn't Been Seen Since He Left for School a Week Ago

SO, just how solid is her memory? I'm NOT picking on the mother I am just wondering as I have one of the same conditions. I would hate for someone to say it is her fault when it isn't. Where was his father at this point in time as well? Shouldn't he have been home or did he leave earlier for work? (Like I said there are times my memory is crap, I will go back and read through everything again, but I haven't really seen it say) I know that they have said that the father had been away for days at a time sometimes, was this one of those times?
Okay, the People article quoted the police chief as saying that Harley told his mother he felt sick. It also said his parents had taken his phone. So it's all very confusing, even sticking only to direct quotes by the police chief in MSM.

“We are searching as if Harley is still alive,” Police Chief Rob Hickman said in a news conference Thursday.

Hickman said on the day of his disappearance, Harley told his mother he felt sick but she insisted he go to school.

Ohio Boy, 14, Hasn't Been Seen Since He Left for School a Week Ago

It made sense but I’m not sure I agree.
If Harley was “sick” and wanted to stay home doesn’t it make sense that if Heather had allowed him that he would have just... stayed home?
That doesn’t sound like he was trying to meet up with someone to me.

Maybe he was pleading sickness to avoid meeting up with someone (Drip?). Maybe a bully (Drip or other), had challenged him to a fight. He had no phone to call a friend with, to help him evade or defend himself. He was talking about fighting at school recently. Maybe Harley fought with someone and that person severely injured (or worse) him.

But if there's one thing I'm wholly confused on at this point, it's where Harley "prefers" to be, and where he detests to be.

First, we are told that he didn't want to go to school.

Second, we are told that he prefers school to home.

Third, we are told that he frequently escapes to friends' homes over his own home.

Fourth, the police chief comes out and says "Harley prefers to be home." (What happened to always being at friends' houses? Or preferring school to home?) I'm not getting any clear picture of where Harley is or might be, because everyone is telling me something different about this kid.

Might just be a technical problem on your side. The “I’m scared...” video was deleted on one of the first few days along with some of the other most recent ones, but the videos of the spanking of the brother, the fight in the background, and the video that was just discussed re: Drip are all still there.

That could be, wouldn't surprise me.

I'm currently watching the candlelight vigil and I am confused as all hell by all the pink. Pink shirts, pink candles....for a missing BOY. why did they choose pink? Was it just somethin they had on hand?? usually people say the meaning of the color

exactly - Seems the parents lock the door when they leave the house & he doesn’t have a house key, unless they finally gave him one. They weren’t too concerned about him coming home & not being able to get in to take a bath! If it’s an OCD thing they didn’t care he’d be upset either.
It's atrocious that he doesn't have a housekey. If there was always someone home, waiting for him, then that's one thing----but him being locked out, cold and alone---that's awful.

I'm currently watching the candlelight vigil and I am confused as all hell by all the pink. Pink shirts, pink candles....for a missing BOY. why did they choose pink? Was it just somethin they had on hand?? usually people say the meaning of the color

It’s Harley’s favorite color. He even mentions it in one of his videos and how it doesn’t matter to him that people say pink is for girls.

He had no phone- who could he decide to meet up with at 6:00 in the morning - he was sick, wanted to stay home - - has NO PHONE.

How exactly he’s does that work?
I wonder if he had an iPod or an x-box. He can text or message with those devices.

Also, he supposedly had a tablet for school. Did he communicate with that? I hope he used that because it is probably easily tracked by school officials if they need to check that.

I dont understand why he'd be leaving at 6 am, in the freezing cold, dark morning. He was only 4 blocks from school so he didnt need to leave that early. What was his plan?

That could be, wouldn't surprise me.

Pink is Harleys favorite color.

I wonder if he had an iPod or an x-box. He can text or message with those devices.

Also, he supposedly had a tablet for school. Did he communicate with that? I hope he used that because it is probably easily tracked by school officials if they need to check that.

I dont understand why he'd be leaving at 6 am, in the freezing cold, dark morning. He was only 4 blocks from school so he didnt need to leave that early. What was his plan?

I posted up thread about this.
PC issues Chrome Books but their capabilities are limited to educational sites, email via a google program for educators and students (which they've surely checked already) and basic word processing / math / etc apps.
All social media and gaming is blocked aside a few pre installed educational games.

There is a halfway house next door????? oh no, that could be a problem...

Yes. It’s a men’s halfway house (as in sober house not criminal halfway house) .

All residents are non violent, non sexual offenders that have addiction issues. They are heavily screened before being allowed admittance.

There is more that was said at the vigil but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post any of that here. Suffice it to say, I don’t think it was problematic in this case.

This is the full vigil from WTOL11 BUT it's from their youtube channel. The reason I am posting this is because, I want to know if anyone else hears what I do. When HD's grandfather speaks of HD he speaks of him PAST tense. "My Grandson HAD issues and he WASN'T a perfect boy but he WAS a good boy and he LOVED his mother and he LOVED his family" For those who don't want to watch the full thing, just to time stamp 22:39 that's where the Grandfather starts to speak.

I'm sorry but usually when past tense is used that's never a good sign. It usually means they know more than they are saying. It should be "My grandson has issues but he isn't a perfect boy but he is a good boy and he loves his mother and he loves his family"

IMHO

It made sense but I’m not sure I agree.
If Harley was “sick” and wanted to stay home doesn’t it make sense that if Heather had allowed him that he would have just... stayed home?
That doesn’t sound like he was trying to meet up with someone to me.
I could usually tell if my 14 yr olds were really sick or if they just didn't want to bother with school that day. If they were sniffly or congested or any symptoms at all, they were welcome to stay home.

So I am wondering if she even checked to see if he was, in fact, feeling sick. Since she apparently didn't look at him, I am not sure how she decided he was not really ill.

Yes. It’s a men’s halfway house (as in sober house not criminal halfway house) .

All residents are non violent, non sexual offenders that have addiction issues. They are heavily screened before being allowed admittance.

There is more that was said at the vigil but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post any of that here. Suffice it to say, I don’t think it was problematic in this case.
That's good to hear. And I assume it was checked out pretty early, just to be sure. They had video so they'd have seen if a resident had left early that am too.

I’m thinking he’s a 14 year old BOY- only place to get real privacy is the bathroom-
What is WRONG with these parents releasing such private information about this child’s bathroom habits?! It seems there is no end to their humiliating this child. What is wrong with them! Poor kid.

amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member