OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the entire reward go to the Port Clinton Police Department if LE, FBI, TEQ, etc, find a live Harley?

The reward states : for the safe return.
A body/remains found is not a safe return. ??

How has the reward system worked in past scenarios and cases with a posted reward when someone finds a body?

I've wondered about this too. Not just in this case but where does unclaimed reward money go? Who gets it and who determines who gets it ?

Port Clinton Police Department
Harley Dilly Update Photograph, Tuesday, January 7th, 2020

Good Afternoon Friends,

Please see the attached photograph, which was taken on November 12th, 2019 of Harley in the maroon coat that was reported he was wearing on Friday, December 20th, 2019.

Thank you,

Please Share...

Chief Hickman

81648161_2674379919306729_4939265991591854080_n.jpg

Well, that would have been nice to have had MUCH sooner than now? *head desk*

I hadn't thought about that video being taken in middle school vs High School. I'm not sure if it's a different program than the highschool Chrome book progeam or not (my son thinks it is).

I think a lot of schools are much more relaxed about firewall restrictions in middle schools than they are with high schools. They figure that middle school students "just aren't that knowledgeable." To be perfectly honest one of the best student hackers I have ever seen was in 8th grade when we first discovered his nefarious activity. We targeted him early in his career as a hacker. He graduated from high school the same year I retired. He was a frequent flier in my office. I always loved that kid because he looked at things outside the box. He is now attending MIT on a full ride.

I think a lot of schools are much more relaxed about firewall restrictions in middle schools than they are with high schools. They figure that middle school students "just aren't that knowledgeable." To be perfectly honest one of the best student hackers I have ever seen was in 8th grade when we first discovered his nefarious activity. We targeted him early in his career as a hacker. He graduated from high school the same year I retired. He was a frequent flier in my office. I always loved that kid because he looked at things outside the box. He is now attending MIT on a full ride.

Okay, I asked the kids. You tube is NOT blocked but has restrictions. You couldn't live game stream from the school issued chrome book (it's not powerful enough? bunch of tech talk)

NO social media what so ever. The only way to communicate is the school issued email.

They get caught fast if they manage to get around (blah blah technical talk) the most successful they've been is someone managed to mirror (blah blah technical talk) Minecraft but that lasted less then 10 hours before they were caught.

Straight from their mouths. Not sure if that helps in any way.

Guys the picture was literally just found today and posted on FB on the missing page for HD. Idk why they didn't have anything already that up to date but at least we know. That picture is from November of this year. I hope and pray somehow we find him and it's with a good outcome and not a horrible one

Okay, I asked the kids. You tube is NOT blocked but has restrictions. You couldn't live game stream from the school issued chrome book (it's not powerful enough? bunch of tech talk)

NO social media what so ever. The only way to communicate is the school issued email.

They get caught fast if they manage to get around (blah blah technical talk) the most successful they've been is someone managed to mirror (blah blah technical talk) Minecraft but that lasted less then 10 hours before they were caught.

What Harley probably hacked into was Chromecast. Yes it is true you can't game and YouTube at the same time. A Chromebook isn't powerful enough. But they can Chromecast to Youtube.

My son says, in his high school (which is the same for the middle school) twitter is not blocked, you tube is not blocked either. So it depends.

Will the entire reward go to the Port Clinton Police Department if LE, FBI, TEQ, etc, find a live Harley?

The reward states : for the safe return.
A body/remains found is not a safe return. ??

How has the reward system worked in past scenarios and cases with a posted reward when someone finds a body?
Good question. Money is usually a good motivator. Either no one has a clue or people that do know something are keeping the information to themselves for some reason. Why would someone not want Harley found?

My son says, in his high school (which is the same for the middle school) twitter is not blocked, you tube is not blocked either. So it depends.

Confront your school district. They are federally mandated to web-filter in order to qualify for federal education funds. If they aren't web filtering, they are out of compliance.

upload_2020-1-7_16-6-55.jpeg
The photo was taken on Nov. 12, 2019
On Monday, Port Clinton police teamed up with the Ohio State Highway Patrol to conduct a search by air with a helicopter. They also teamed up with a Texas-based search and rescue organization to utilize new technology to rapidly and accurately scan photos taken from the air for potential sightings of the missing teen.
Police release new photo of missing teen Harley Dilly

Has anyone seen mention of which area/s or surrounding/s TES was interested in searching?

New imaging software could help locate Port Clinton teen

SABBM:

Sources tell 5 On Your Side Investigators that Monday's search by air focused on a marshy area south of state Route 2 and a nearby landfill, as well as Dilly's neighborhood.

Harley Dilly: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

SABBM:

Marcus Dilly’s Facebook page says he is a truck driver at Republic Trash Services who is from Cleveland.

I wonder whether or not Republic Trash Services dumps their garbage at the landfill they were searching by air yesterday.

JMO.

Last edited:
Re the Dogs- I was thinking more about dogs which could Trail a live human using a scent if HD left the house rather than cadaver dogs. Wonder if this was possible.
not sure if this has been answered but YES, K-9's that track individuals CAN track a person's trail as long as the scent is strong. They are able to follow the trail as long as they can stay on it. If there is any variation or reason for it disappear (to many other people going through the same area and covers the trail) they can track for several miles....ex:
How far can a bloodhound track a scent?
130 miles

SABBM:

Sources tell 5 On Your Side Investigators that Monday's search by air focused on a marshy area south of state Route 2 and a nearby landfill, as well as Dilly's neighborhood.

SABBM:

Marcus Dilly’s Facebook page says he is a truck driver at Republic Trash Services who is from Cleveland.

I wonder whether or not Republic Trash Services dumps their garbage at the landfill they were searching by air yesterday.

JMO.

Would that be the landfill that had a fire on 12/20??

SABBM:

SABBM:

JMO.

I’ve been gravely concerned about this for some time I hope and pray Harley and crucial evidence is not in the landfill. *I’m not suggesting or accusing any person of any crime against Harley. I have the same fears about evidence in a stranger abduction ending up in the landfill from other cases I have followed here over the years.

Confront your school district. They are federally mandated to web-filter in order to qualify for federal education funds. If they aren't web filtering, they are out of compliance.
They are webfiltering, but a lot of communication from teachers is via twitter for example.

Hi everyone. I thought I’d take a shot at creating a media thread for Harley. I’m not sure if I did it correctly. I’ve not created one before but I gave it a whirl. I’ll do a better job next time. Please feel free to add media links I’ve not listed or missed. I just realized I should have added this to the title:
Missing! Timeline Forum and Media links
NO DISCUSSION PLEASE
Oops! It did land in the correct forum so I got part of it correct. I should have done my homework. I’ll try to msg a mod to correct title. Please forgive mistake.
OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019

Since I made a booboo, it might get deleted. So...
Here it is for new readers just joining. I tried to place the links in chronological order.
Missing! Timeline Forum and Media links

Port Clinton police searching for missing 14-year-old boy
Port Clinton police and community searching for missing 14-year-old boy
Posted: 8:39 AM, Dec 23, 2019

Endangered Missing Alert issued for missing Port Clinton teen
Endangered Missing Child Advisory issued for missing 14-year-old from Port Clinton last seen on Dec. 20
Posted: 11:21 AM, Dec 24, 2019

Police believe video captured image of missing Port Clinton boy
Police believe video captured image of missing 14-year-old boy from Port Clinton
Posted: 10:29 AM, Dec 25, 2019

Police search 150-acre area for missing Port Clinton teen
Authorities searching 150-acre area for missing Port Clinton teen
Posted: 8:13 AM, Dec 26, 2019

Search for missing Port Clinton teen now nationwide
Search for missing Port Clinton teen now nationwide
Harley Dilly last seen a week ago
Posted: 5:18 PM, Dec 27, 2019

Port Clinton residents optimistic, confident Harley Dilly will return home
Port Clinton residents optimistic, confident Harley Dilly will return home
Posted: 10:59 PM, Dec 29, 2019

No new information 10 days after Port Clinton teen was last seen
10 days after Port Clinton teen was last seen, little information is being released
Police say they're working "tirelessly" to bring him home
Posted: 4:19 PM, Dec 30, 2019

Reward for missing Port Clinton teen raised to over $9,000
Reward for information leading to safe return of missing Port Clinton teen raised to over $9,000
Posted: 3:29 PM, Jan 02, 2020

Port Clinton police request surveillance footage to help find Harley Dilly
Port Clinton police request surveillance footage from residents to help find Harley Dilly
Posted: 8:25 PM, Jan 02, 2020

Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return
Mother of Harley Dilly pleads for his safe return
Posted: 3:58 PM, Jan 03, 2020

Timeline of what's happened since Harley Dilly went missing
A complete timeline of every day and event since Harley Dilly's disappearance
Posted: 6:59 PM, Jan 03, 2020

Harley Dilly case has chance to be featured on A&E's 'Live PD'
Harley Dilly case has chance to be featured on A&E's 'Live PD'
Posted: 5:02 PM, Jan 04, 2020

Harley Dilly case featured on 'Live PD'
Harley Dilly case featured on 'Live PD'
Posted: 10:04 AM, Jan 05, 2020

Port Clinton students return to school without Harley Dilly
Port Clinton students return to school without Harley Dilly
Posted: 8:08 AM, Jan 06, 2020

Search-and-rescue group using cutting-edge imaging software in search for missing Port Clinton teen
Posted: 1:55 PM, Jan 06, 2020

Police release new photo of missing teen Harley Dilly
Port Clinton police release new photo of missing teen Harley Dilly
Posted: 4:18 PM, Jan 07, 2020

I'm not even sure how much the firewalls block in schools. I know that a lot of schools now use the Google apps for school work like Google Docs and Google Sheets so I'm sure they had use of access to YouTube. Sad but true. I wonder if there's someone on the boards that work in the school system that could tell us their policies. And remember he's in high school so I'm sure they're more lenient.

This is why it's important to know if he did make it to school or even had a laptop or was he able to take his laptop home or do they only get to use them in school. If he did get to school, he'd be able to communicate with anyone and make arrangements of running away or meeting someone.
My son’s school has classroom chrome books and they’re able to get on YouTube. His friend even streamed a video on it.
Also, when my sister in law was in school, they had take home laptops that went online and she was on YouTube constantly. Idk why it was never banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces