OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surveillance shows last known image of missing Ohio 14-year-old Harley Dilly: Police

SABBM:

Police provided new background information on a Port Clinton, Ohio, 14-year-old who has been missing since the morning of Dec. 20.

A surveillance image believed to be Harley Dilly crossing the street in front of his house is the last known sighting of the teenager, said Detective Ronald Timmons with the Port Clinton Police Department on Saturday night, during an appearance on "Live PD on A&E."

It is out of character for Harley to just disappear, Timmons confirmed. The teen has a very specific schedule eating certain foods, bathing several times a day and typically "stays around his home," Timmons said.
Bolded part above really caught my attention. Totally not a typical teen boy IMO.
"Eating certain foods and bathing several times a day"????

Surveillance shows last known image of missing Ohio 14-year-old Harley Dilly: Police

SABBM:

Police provided new background information on a Port Clinton, Ohio, 14-year-old who has been missing since the morning of Dec. 20.

A surveillance image believed to be Harley Dilly crossing the street in front of his house is the last known sighting of the teenager, said Detective Ronald Timmons with the Port Clinton Police Department on Saturday night, during an appearance on "Live PD on A&E."

It is out of character for Harley to just disappear, Timmons confirmed. The teen has a very specific schedule eating certain foods, bathing several times a day and typically "stays around his home," Timmons said.
Duplicate post.

You should meet my Asperger's son, he's 31 and has been wanting to die since he was a young child. He doesn't want to commit homicide no matter how much he hates someone but sadly death is his wish. It hurts this mama's heart.
I am so sorry that you and your son both have to deal with this every day. It must be hell to live fearing what may happen. I lost my oldest son 4 years ago and, try as I might, I worry every time my younger daughter (18 y/o) and son (16 y/o) go anywhere. I walk a fine line between letting them go out and have fun with their friends, but also telling him of dangers to be careful of - but I did this with my older son, too. I do make sure that they text me when they get where they are going (if it's at night or the weather isn't good or if it's a little farther away). I try not to text them to make sure they are OK when I hear sirens. I try not to be afraid of a knock at the door or seeing an "unknown/unrecognized" number on my caller ID when they are out. But I do.

“He added Harley could be in danger, and that officials believe he was not expecting to be outside for very long and was instead planning to meet with a still unknown person.”
I believe this theory. Let us recall he told his mother he didn’t feel well and wanted to stay home. Something was up; he didn’t want to leave that house. : (
It could have been one of the one line people he had been talking smack to.

amateur opinion and speculation

You should meet my Asperger's son, he's 31 and has been wanting to die since he was a young child. He doesn't want to commit homicide no matter how much he hates someone but sadly death is his wish. It hurts this mama's heart.
I am so sorry that you and your son both have to deal with this every day. It must be hell to live fearing what may happen. I lost my oldest son 4 years ago and, try as I might, I worry every time my younger daughter (18 y/o) and son (16 y/o) go anywhere. I walk a fine line between letting them go out and have fun with their friends, but also telling him of dangers to be careful of - but I did this with my older son, too. I do make sure that they text me when they get where they are going (if it's at night or the weather isn't good or if it's a little farther away). I try not to text them to make sure they are OK when I hear sirens. I try not to be afraid of a knock at the door or seeing an "unknown/unrecognized" number on my caller ID when they are out. But I do.

bbm

Thanks for the links.
Still don't see why they couldn't have notified the PD earlier on Sat. instead of waiting until nearly midnight.
Smh.

Saving these informative posts.
The story keeps changing.
Interesting at the very least.
Would this have been after they returned from dinner at a far away steakhouse?

Ok question : If a child is missing and there is information out there by police (who day 1 said no rumors) and parents..... why does the information seem sketchy and not accurate. Why say anything all ??

went to a friends house Thur Dec 19 left at 7:00pm (seen on camera ..where is that image ??)
mom says she saw him/did not see him/talk to him between 6-7am on Fri Dec 20
grainy picture of him leaving for school at 6:08am Fri Dec 20 (school starts at 7:30am)
reported missing the night of Dec 21
2 weeks later police asking for surveillance/also may have met someone

I believe this theory. Let us recall he told his mother he didn’t feel well and wanted to stay home. Something was up; he didn’t want to leave that house. : (

i'm thinking that he did not want to go to school because he did not want to meet somebody who he knew was going to be waiting for him. so when he left home he walked in the opposite direction hoping to find a place to hide.

i'm thinking that he did not want to go to school because he did not want to meet somebody who he knew was going to be waiting for him. so when he left home he walked in the opposite direction hoping to find a place to hide.
Possible threat sent to him? I wish Harley would have told mom why he didn’t want to go to school.

Just jumping off your post. It brings to mind an earlier post here from a member who was watching Harley’s YouTube videos and noticed 3 adults from a Discord server (*advertiser censored*) had been viewing his livestreams. IIRC, it was HD’s Black Friday live stream when he was playing Madden.

JMO

Ok question : If a child is missing and there is information out there by police (who day 1 said no rumors) and parents..... why does the information seem sketchy and not accurate. Why say anything all ??

went to a friends house Thur Dec 19 left at 7:00pm (seen on camera ..where is that image ??)
mom says she saw him/did not see him/talk to him between 6-7am on Fri Dec 20
grainy picture of him leaving for school at 6:08am Fri Dec 20 (school starts at 7:30am)
reported missing the night of Dec 21
2 weeks later police asking for surveillance/also may have met someone

I can think of a good reason for police NOT to disclose to anyone other than their own investigators that image capturing Harley leaving the friend's house shortly after 7 pm on Thursday, Dec 19.

In that image, Harley would have been wearing clothes that should be in the family's laundry hamper (or otherwise present in the home) when investigators searched the home after Harley was reported missing. That is, those clothes would be in the home assuming Harley did arrive home safely Thursday night, bathed and changed into sleepwear before going to bed, and the next morning changed into grey sweats and his puffer jacket. So, when the police searched the home, were those clothes Harley had been wearing there? If not, where have they gone and why?

IIRC, in a news interview, the mother narrowed her claim about her Friday morning encounter with Harley (paraphrasing: "she spoke to him, she didn't physically see him, and there is a difference") AFTER police put out a public notice requesting surveillance for a wider time frame (Thursday night from 7 pm to midnight, Saturday from 12:01 am to midnight, when Harley was first reported missing). So, police publicly adjusted what they wanted to look at and mom publicly adjusted her statement and the two may or may not be related.

Last edited:
Sti
Possible threat sent to him? I wish Harley would have told mom why he didn’t want to go to school.
Still haven't heard why mom didn't answer call from school, or why she didn't call back to see what was up. Knowing her son said he wasn't feeling well,and didn't want to go to school.

Sti

Still haven't heard why mom didn't answer call from school, or why she didn't call back to see what was up. Knowing her son said he wasn't feeling well,and didn't want to go to school.
I believe she stayed somewhere she was busy all day delivering some type of gifts or donations. Mayne someone else remembers this statement. Still a missed call.from.school you do not return. Oh and her voicemail box was full so no message left.

A user mentioned the police chief had potentially dealt in nefarious activity in the past.

Has anyone came across any articles [WS appropriate; non-blogs, etc.) expanding on this?
-
Nothing has been mentioned on HD’s mother’s employment, correct?

I’d like to easily discard the theory of Harley staying put at home until the mother left in order for HD to engage in an activity.

Sti

I rarely answer calls from my kids schools because they call me up to twice a day, times two kids. Any time they are even tardy to a class you get a robo-call. I could completely understand not answering these. I usually just let them go to VM and delete them (after checking of course)

ETA they do a morning call and afternoon call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro