OH OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope so!!

USMS is faced with several challenges in fulfilling
its missions under the Adam Walsh Act and DOJ Strategic Objective 2. 2. One challenge is the sheer volume of cases. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) estimates that more than 100,000 sex offenders are classified as non-compliant or unregistered. To address this workload, USMS must ensure that all participants including federal, state, and local law enforcement partners are adequately trained. Two other significant challenges in the battle against non-compliance are defining the issues for each specific jurisdiction and ensuring communication between all levels of law enforcement and the public sector entities overseeing the regulatory process of registration. (Page 21 of below link)
https://www.usmarshals.gov/foia/strategic_plan-2016.pdf

U.S. Marshals Service, Northern District of Ohio

I believe this is why all the other law enforcement agencies were called in early on. We were all so shocked that so much resources were dedicated to him so quickly when other "runaways" hardly get a mention or never get mentioned on the news.

And if arrangements for a meeting were made via the internet, it would explain FBI involvement.

I believe this is why all the other law enforcement agencies were called in early on. We were all so shocked that so much resources were dedicated to him so quickly when other "runaways" hardly get a mention or never get mentioned on the news.

I've always felt with the vast amount of Federal agencies working this case confirmed my initial fears of online predator. :(

My fears were confirmed when the Detective said what he did Saturday night on Live PD. I'm convinced they have confirmed Harley was communicating with someone who could have even been pretending to be Harley's age within a couple years. It certainly would not be the first time.

The disappearance before Christmas, lack of searches and communication with the public. It just all adds up in my eyes as online predator. IF this is the case LE has a tough road to hoe so to speak. Has Harley actually met this person and was given a burner phone? Were they communicating on the 'dark web'? Cases like this are extremely difficult and Harley could virtually be anywhere.

I've never felt Harley just wondered off. Not saying I'm right by any means though. JMHO

Harley Dilly case featured on 'Live PD' at around the 1:49 mark talks about meeting somebody...this information also came out 2 weeks after he went missing
I wonder if there's been a ransom demand. Or why it took so long to get that info out. Are they sure he met someone, and didn't just go back home? If he veered from his normal path to school, which way exactly did he veer?

The chief found out on Facebook that Harley’s mom had posted about her concern
WTH???????????? Why weren't the police called directly like all the times before? Why did the Chief have to find out on SM? Why did mom say she didn't see him,she talked to him,and there's a difference? What difference? Why can't she talk about it????????? When exactly did his phone get broken,or taken away? What was happening when it got broken,or taken away?

So is the take away from this is that the parents didn't report him missing first? Interesting that they suddenly had a problem calling LE.

A tremendous amount of progress could be made if if IF a few things would be resolved IMOO:

(1) Did LE check the computers and phones of Harley's friends or at least ask the friends (especially the one he was with the night before) if Harley borrowed their phone the day before going missing? This in NO WAY IMPLIES the friends had anything to do with his disappearance, only that he might have communicated with an unknown actor via a borrowed phone/computer.

(2) Any cam footage of Harley the two days BEFORE the in-dispute footage that may or may not be Harley? For comparison purposes with the only cam footage so far.

(3) Cam footage of the main highways examined, seeking a vehicle that would have taken a Port Clinton exit, shortly before Harley left for school, then left shortly going back from direction it came?

(4) Drone footage along waterways in about a 2-mile radius of his home?

(5) Any stolen vehicles from PC within 24 hrs before and after he went missing?

Just my two cents of wondering.
Excellent points! I just can't imagine given the video of him walking to school complaining in April when it was 34 degrees, that he would have been running away on foot, lightly dressed as he was described, when the temperature is 18 F. A teenager running away at 6 am! I have a very hard time with that.

Children also survive with worse. The fact that he just matter of factly closes the video also says a lot. I have seen, and worked with, a lot of kids on the autism spectrum. I feel confidant in the fact that he is on the high functioning level, most often known as a person with Aspergers. To be honest, killing themselves is the last thing on earth a kid with Aspergers would ever contemplate. It just wouldn't make sense to them.

In the horrible environment provided by his parents having his disability is actually a blessing. He recognizes his parents as being unacceptable, as being something he should be ashamed of, but he probably doesn't emotionally feel it is all that bad. He just knows from his learning, it is wrong.

The fact is, I doubt he would ever be suicidal. In 43 years of practice I have never had a suicidal Aspergers client. Homicidal, well that is another issue.
I have a very good friend whose adult brother had Asperger's and committed suicide four years ago. He had a job that meant the world to him and had a supervisor that understood his "quirks". A new supervisor took over and not only didn't understand his quirks, but made his life at work miserable and ended up having him terminated. With the help of his family he obtained an attorney and was trying to get his job back, but with a different supervisor. There was a hearing scheduled for that Monday, but late Friday afternoon he was received a letter that seemed to indicate he didn't stand a chance of getting his job back. He made several calls to his attorney that, possibly because it was a weekend, were not returned. He killed himself that Saturday night.

I have a very good friend whose adult brother had Asperger's and committed suicide four years ago. He had a job that meant the world to him and had a supervisor that understood his "quirks". A new supervisor took over and not only didn't understand his quirks, but made his life at work miserable and ended up having him terminated. With the help of his family he obtained an attorney and was trying to get his job back, but with a different supervisor. There was a hearing scheduled for that Monday, but late Friday afternoon he was received a letter that seemed to indicate he didn't stand a chance of getting his job back. He made several calls to his attorney that, possibly because it was a weekend, were not returned. He killed himself that Saturday night.
That is beyond tragic!

Oh,this is so sad. Heartbreaking.:(

So is the take away from this is that the parents didn't report him missing first? Interesting that they suddenly had a problem calling LE.
Yes. Also mom not answering call from school. Especially considering the fact she herself stated he said wasn't feeling well,and she made him go to school anyway, she didn't bother calling back to check and be sure it wasn't serious, maybe he needed to go to doctor, maybe he didn't show up, maybe he got in a fight, maybe there was an accident at school. NOPE.
MOO

Thank you so much. I’ve seen this mentioned but didn’t have an msm source to back it up.

From your link:
Police say they've interviewed friends. No one has seen or heard from Harley, according to their interviews.

The family home was searched for any clues about Harley's whereabouts and his parents are cooperating in the investigation. Nothing suspicious was found.

Police say they spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day reviewing more than 40 hours of video footage in order to locate Harley's last known location.

I

I agree. It’s disrespectful all of the things that should be PRIVATE are spewed everywhere, never should have been posted, by ANYONE ever, especially considering some are clearly untrue and now are repeated as facts
i was under the impression that LE reported a few of the issues because heather told LE about them. maybe i need to go back and read the police updates and watch the news conferences again.

Wait! Hold your horses! Did I read it right? Harley’s parents didn’t call 911? They only posted to LE’s Facebook? But called on him many times before for other reasons?

Didn't his Dad walk into the pd to report him missing? Sorry if I am mistaken, the facts in this case are still not clear IMO.
bbm

Thanks for the links.
Still don't see why they couldn't have notified the PD earlier on Sat. instead of waiting until nearly midnight.
Smh.

Saving these informative posts.
The story keeps changing.
Interesting at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics