Recovered/Located OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about Snapchat, but if it's his, I'd assume the FBI (?) is monitoring it. Are you saying as you sit and watch it, it changes (which sounds like an automatic process to me) or it seems manually changed over various days since he's been missing? There is a game App on my phone that changes its icon by itself over time so I wonder if it could be something similar to that built into the avatars?

I've just repeatedly tried with various friends' Snapchat accounts, including a friend who passed away and where nobody is accessing their account, and for all of them the bitmoji's expression automatically changes now and then.

Must have been recently as it was still there yesterday. I believe it was there earlier this afternoon as well.
Yesterday was the first time in a week I had gone on FB and I went to check the "find Harley" groups that you can just browse at w/out joining and his page came up for me first since I just clicked his name.

Idk if he had more than one page, so apologies if you're all talking about another page lol, but it's definitely still showing for me - Harley Dilly. Is there nothing there even when you search his name?

Anyone on here keeping an eye on his snapchat? Have there been changes to his avatar? Who would have access to his snapchat?

Edit: Is his SM ie. Snapchat allowed to be discussed? Because what the avatar is now is very disturbing. Snapchat handle: theonlydilly420

I cannot see the avatar. Having 420 in the name however.... if it's the same as my HS years... could be meaningful.

We just had a terrible case where I'm at. Two teens 14 and 15, murdered over pot. That name was the 1st thing I've seen that might indicate Harley smoked?

Unless 420 does not mean to kids what it meant when I was in HS. Totally possible .

Or not his doing?

He laughs at someone chatting on his yt stream because they have 69 in their username...I literally had no idea 69 had an association with pot tbf

Port Clinton Police Department
Harley Dilly Update, Monday, January 13th, 2020

Good Morning Friends,

Once again, this is still an “active investigation” so we have NO new information that I am able to share with you this morning regarding Harley.

As most now know, Harley Dilly was last observed on what we believe to be him on video footage leave his residence in the 500 block of E. 5th Street at 06:08 in the morning, on Friday, December 20th, 2020.

Harley’s path of travel was southbound down the alley towards Magruder Hospital, which is believed to be his normal path of travel due to the video footage we have reviewed for the week, leading up to Harley’s disappearance. The school would be located southwest of that alley that Harley was last observed walking.

The photograph released on the original flyer, is the most recent photograph that we have, which was taken at the United Way in Ottawa County - Thanksgiving Day at the free community feast, on Thursday, November 28th, 2019.

The actual date of Harley shoveling the “front porch” was taken on Tuesday, November 12th, 2019.

• We appreciate all the tips, emails and phone calls that we have been receiving.

• I would like to advise you that through the entire investigation of the disappearance of Harley Dilly, the family has fully cooperated and we have no reason to believe they are involved.

• If any searches are planned, please don’t trespass on private property, unless you have permission from the owner. If you should come across something suspicious, please contact our agency at (419) 734-3121.

• Our investigators continue to research the records that we have been able to obtain thus far.

• The investigation is being conducted by federal, state, county, and local law enforcement partners.

• Here’s what I need from you. I need the investigation to be allowed to continue uninterrupted.

• Please don’t spread rumors, rather, if you have information about this case, please contact the

Port Clinton Police Department (419) 734-3121

OR

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (800) 843-5678.

• I am asking our residents to continue to help by sharing flyers in person and on social media.

• Please allow the professionals involved in this case to continue to do their job - we are working tirelessly and will continue to do so until Harley is brought home and reunited with his family.

• News briefings on this case have shifted from a daily in-person news briefings to information solely provided via the Port Clinton Police Department Facebook page.

• If there is a major case announcement, we will notify the press via our Facebook page with appropriate lead time and share information about where and when the news briefing will be held.

• This shift in news briefings allow us to continue focusing resources on the case and should not be construed otherwise - we appreciate the community’s outpouring of support and sharing Harley’s picture and the tip line information.

We currently have the following agencies at our office or they have been involved with this investigation;

Black Swamp Search & Rescue
Clermont County Sheriff's Office
Delaware County Sheriff’s Office
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Grant County Sheriff’s Office (Kentucky)
Kentucky Search Dog Association
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Ohio Division of Natural Resources
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ottawa County Drug Task Force
Ottawa County Prosecutors Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office
Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office Underwater Rescue and Recovery Team
Port Clinton Fire and Rescue
Shawnee Hills Police Department
Texas EquuSearch
United States Customs and Border Protection
United States Marshals Service

Chief Hickman

Does anyone have the PDF printable link for Harley’s most recent flyer with updated photos? I have a friend who’s traveling through Ohio and Michigan tomorrow and she would like to post them at her stops. I can only find the printable link for the older missing poster. Thank you!

The Dilly home and the Sober Living home are on the North side of East Fifth Street in the 5oo block. The uncropped surveillance video image shows the thought to be Harley crossing the street in front of his home. I see two vehicles parked on the North side of the street where Harley is crossing. Somebody mentioned that the image was taken from a surveillance video camera located at the Sober Living home. How can that be if the image shows a person crossing West of the Sober Living home and not East where the Dilly home is located. There appears to be some locals posting here. My question to them is: On which side of the street is parking allowed? There should be street signs posted.

Cut & paste.

Last post (two days ago) had shorter list of agencies currently involved; this post has broader list of all agencies and organizations that are or have been involved.

This post also does not have the Chief’s direct appeal to Harley to contact the Chief ( as did the Chief’s verbal statement two days ago).

Likely means nothing. LE has to balance providing public information with communicating in such a way that a defense attorney can later produce that communication in court to support a claim that LE narrowed their search based on a favored theory too early and thus lost opportunities to capture alternative perpetrators or gather critical evidence. This is particularly true if a body is never recovered or, as with Caylee Anthony (another case involving long delay between disappearance and report), is not recovered for a long time.

I don’t envy LE professionals their jobs, but am immensely grateful to them for doing their work with attention to all the many factors involved.

Hoping and praying Harley is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD