Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but that chimney is smack dab in the middle of the peak of the double-story roof. The risk of being seen as Harley first climbs the antennae and then climbs into the chimney seems kind of high compared to finding a fairly privately-located window or lock to break and gain entry.

The house looks kinda remote. In Ohio properties can be quite large and off the road.

That chimney looks like what a child would imagine Santa going down. I wouldn’t expect a 14 year old to know the intricacies of a chimney. I don’t know how long I went without knowing chimneys aren’t just a big open shaft with a screen atop.

Rip Harley

If that house was on so many peoples radar why didn't someone just break in to check. I would have accepted minor charges with extenuating circs, would have got a slapped wrist and maybe a fine.
Police checked the abandoned home multiple times, but since there was no sign of forced entry and the doors seemed secure there was never a reason for them to check-in.

I think any 14-year-old deciding to go down a chimney would do it feet first. There is no way anyone would lunge down a chimney head first unless they were pushed. The only way (in my opinion only) that this could be homicide and not accidental would be if someone forced Harley to go up on the roof, went up with him, and pushed him into the chimney. I don't think this happened, although it is possible. I think he just made a bad and tragic decision.Moo

"Police say that Dilly was climbing up an antenna, slipped off and into a chimney and was stuck."​

Wow, what are the chances of that? I need to see an aerial view.

I hope that doesn’t mean he was found head first...

Body of missing Ohio teen Harley Dilly found in abandoned home; death ruled accidental

PORT CLINTON, Ohio (WOIO) - Port Clinton Police say the body of a missing 14-year-old boy was found in an abandoned home.

Police are saying Harley Dilly's death was accidental and foul play does not appear to be a factor.

Police say that Dilly was climbing up an antenna, slipped off and into a chimney and was stuck.

An autopsy is currently being conducted on Dilly’s body.

Port Clinton Police Chief Rob Hickman says that the family has some closure.

“It’s not the outcome we wanted,” he said.

It was an emotional press conference.

“I promise myself not to break down today,” Hickman said.

[..]

Police checked the abandoned home multiple times, but since there was no sign of forced entry and the doors seemed secure there was never a reason for them to check-in.

Authorities say that Dilly slipped in the chimney, shoved his coat and glasses down a flue and then got stuck in the chimney.
Like wth did he slip off the antenna and fall in or did he throw his jacket and glasses in first and climb in . Why give 2 stories hello get ya stories straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129