Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not name or sleuth the homeowners; they are considered innocents. They were not named in MSM and WS does not allow sleuthing of individuals other than victims and officially named POIs/suspects.

You may sleuth away behind the scenes, but do not post your findings on the thread.

Thanks.

I'm also inclined to think it might be a protocol for investigators to search differently or more areas during Ohio's drier, summer season than during mid December. Even professionals climbing roofs and chimneys in December pose a safety risk. MOO

Thanks, but they probably wouldn't need to go on the roof. Just as SOP, in the immediate area, canvass, talk to neighbors, look in abandoned homes and lots, sheds,etc. Repeat - in the immediate area. If any empty buildings in the immediate vicinity are locked up, contact owners and enter them for a search. It wouldn't have saved Harleys life in this case, but they didn't know at the time. Maybe next time a search like that will save a life. Worthwhile considering some kids have been found in homes nearby their own.

How many other properties did they have to check that day? I'd say hundreds.

It wasn't like they could spend many hours trying to locate the owners, get a seat of keys, or a warrant, and search this one house.

What reason would they have, at that point in the search for Harley? There was no indication that anyone had tried to enter the home. Why would these officers think that they should abandon their search of the rest of the neighbourhood and try to get into this house at that time?

They had hundreds of properties to check out. For all they knew, he was being held captive in another house right down the street.

Blaming the first responders doesn't make any sense to me, in this case. It wasn't their fault he was looking for a warm place to hang out in. JMO
Well it was just across the street, they asked the public for help, with hints,and clues, The got several clues to check empty houses,several times. They blocked people from doing searches. Made it clear not to Tresspass. He wasn't sex trafficked,smuggled over any border. How much time,and resources,and personnel were on this? If they had just checked that house smack under their noses, he would have been found much sooner.
Sorry. But I'm SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members