Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I don’t think the suspect anyone else, but who knows?

I believe when he left his house at 6 am that morning, was seen at 6:08, that he went straight to the house... maybe he didn’t even have the plans to go there. Maybe he just noticed the antenna or maybe he went to scope out the place for a 2 week hideaway?

Does anyone know if the parent of his friend, spoke out on what time he left and why? My heart just breaks not only for Harley, his parents, friends, teachers, but the guilt that parent must have, if indeed he was sent home.

Harley lived across the street so I doubt the antenna was new to him. I think he went directly to the house because he asked to stay home from school and his mother didn't allow it. He likely thought he could hide out there since mom locked him out of the house when he left. MOO

Port Clinton homeowner speaks about layout of chimney where body of Harley Dilly was discovered

(Video at link)

January 14 at 6:42 PM

The homeowner, who didn’t want to be identified, told 19 News the house has been under renovations and hasn’t been occupied since the summer. He also said no one has lived there full-time for about 10 years.

The home on Fulton Street was built in the 1850s and has been in the same family for decades.
“It was built by, it would have been, my great-great grandfather, so it’s been in my mom’s side of the family since the beginning," the homeowner said.

According to the homeowner, the home was winterized. Water wasn’t running, but the heat was on low.

There’s no fireplace in the home and he said the chimney where Dilly climbed into wasn’t in use.
“The heating we have in the house, we have electric baseboard heating," he described.
Somehow, Dilly’s coat and glasses made it onto the second floor, but the 14-year-old did not. Investigators said Dilly got stuck between the two floors.

Investigators contacted the homeowner when the boy’s body was found.

“Mostly, they were just looking for questions about the layout and what was going on from room-to-room with condition of each room, room-by-room as far as what was done and what was not done, renovation wise, and why certain things would be certain places," the homeowner explained.
The homeowner also said family members were the only ones who had access to the keys.

Investigators say there was no forced entry. They’re also still looking into just how this happened, still calling it a tragic accident.

Port Clinton homeowner speaks about layout of chimney where body of Harley Dilly was discovered

Last edited:
Harley lived across the street so I doubt the antenna was new to him. I think he went directly to the house because he asked to stay home from school and his mother didn't allow it. He likely thought he could hide out there since mom locked him out of the house when he left. MOO

Did he often climb to roofs of houses?
Was he adventurous to take crazy risks?
Why not just break back into his own home? Leave his bedroom window open or a door unlocked?
So tragic. Horrible.

Early today I think I saw discussions about a coat hanging on a doorknob? Was that after LE found his coat and put it there or where did that information come from? Does anyone else remember that discussion about the coat hanging on doorknob?

Early today I think I saw discussions about a coat hanging on a doorknob? Was that after LE found his coat and put it there or where did that information come from? Does anyone else remember that discussion about the coat hanging on doorknob?

The coat could be seen through the window of the home hanging on the corner of what appeared to be a closet door or a door on the local news live streams last night.

The coat could be seen through the window of the home hanging on the corner of what appeared to be a closet door or a door on the local news live streams last night.

Thanks. So is the thought that it just happened to land there after it left the chimney and hung on that corner or maybe we dont know?

When I first saw comments about where it was I thought maybe LE had picked it up off the floor by then and put it there.

Attachments

• 12C9AF30-E228-436E-8444-858375218A19.jpeg
    12C9AF30-E228-436E-8444-858375218A19.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 46
The cops cannot break into a locked home because a 14 yr old has been reported missing, or perhaps a runaway. They repeatedly asked everyone to search their properties.

They looked at the exterior of this home and found no signs that anyone had been trying to enter the home. Should they have climbed on the roof and looked inside the chimney? Maybe. IDK.

The child would have been deceased already, even if they had done so. Sad but true. :(

I would break into a house if there was even the slightest chance my missing kid was there. Especially an empty house spitting distance from my front door.
I wouldn't have waited for LE to faf about for a warrant. But that's me, I also wouldnt have let my kid walk out the door if he said he was unwell without physically checking him first.
And my son tries to dodge school every other day with a new creative illness.

Thing is we have a text service that reports to you when your child isn't in school at first register... Is that not a thing in the US?

Thanks. So is the thought that it just happened to land there after it left the chimney and hung on that corner or maybe we dont know?

When I first saw comments about where it was I thought maybe LE had picked it up off the floor by then and put it there.

It appeared someone hung it there, this was while LE was searching the house.

MOO - potential COD. Positional asphyxia-
Positional asphyxia, also known as postural asphyxia, is a form of asphyxia which occurs when someone's position prevents the person from breathing adequately.
Suffocation.
It is possible to die from hanging upside down for too long. It's rare, but blood can pool to the head, which can be extremely dangerous for the body.
Hanging Upside Down: Effects, Risks, and Benefits
Injury.
I'm just putting these out there.
Sounds like the same thing the kid in the gym mat died of, can't think of his name at this moment but that was a big story I know you all remember. Very sad to hear this news today!

Surely they could contact the owner and ask for permission though? It just seem so obvious to me... it's a logical place for him to be especially considering his habit of not coming home at night.
It's beside the point that he would have been dead already, they didn't know that. He could have been alive and just injured or hiding from everyone.
Or get a search warrant.

Reactions: osu
Every exhale wedged him in tighter preventing lungs from expanding?

or was it positional? He was upside down?

Was never on doorknob.
Someone probably moved it, hung it up on the top corner of the door to look in flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member