Found Deceased OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~snip
According to the report, Marcus Dilly said Harley was "mad because he had broken his phone and demanded that they get him a new one." He said Harley was told he would have to earn it.

Marcus Dilly said there were other incidents where Harley wouldn't come home from school on a Friday and didn't return until a Saturday morning. He said he never filed reports in those instances. He said he wanted to file a report in this situation because Harley had been gone too long and normally returned in the mornings. He said nothing happened to make him think Harley was in danger, and that he didn't have a history of being suicidal.

Marcus Dilly did say Harley had ADHD and autism and was high functioning and very smart. He said he was a "baby when it comes to being cold" and that he would know enough to get out of the elements.

Police then followed up with several of Harley's friends and acquaintances to determine who had seen him and when.

A father of one of the friends said Harley and another boy was with his son Thursday after school when Harley was heading home.

One of those friends told police he saw Harley after school Friday; that Harley knocked on his door wanting to know if he could go to a Cavs game with him. He told Harley there were no more tickets. Harley was wearing a red coat with gray sweatpants and black tennis shoes at the time, the report states.

Harley's mother, Heather Dilly, said the last time she saw her son was Friday morning "when he was trying to get out of going to school and stated he didn't feel good." She said she told him to get his {expletive} to school "and as far as she knew he had left and went to school."
~snip

More at link:

Initial Harley Dilly police report released: Includes new details about teen’s life, time leading up to disappearance

~snip
According to the report, Marcus Dilly said Harley was "mad because he had broken his phone and demanded that they get him a new one." He said Harley was told he would have to earn it.

Marcus Dilly said there were other incidents where Harley wouldn't come home from school on a Friday and didn't return until a Saturday morning. He said he never filed reports in those instances. He said he wanted to file a report in this situation because Harley had been gone too long and normally returned in the mornings. He said nothing happened to make him think Harley was in danger, and that he didn't have a history of being suicidal.

Marcus Dilly did say Harley had ADHD and autism and was high functioning and very smart. He said he was a "baby when it comes to being cold" and that he would know enough to get out of the elements.

Police then followed up with several of Harley's friends and acquaintances to determine who had seen him and when.

A father of one of the friends said Harley and another boy was with his son Thursday after school when Harley was heading home.

One of those friends told police he saw Harley after school Friday; that Harley knocked on his door wanting to know if he could go to a Cavs game with him. He told Harley there were no more tickets. Harley was wearing a red coat with gray sweatpants and black tennis shoes at the time, the report states.

Harley's mother, Heather Dilly, said the last time she saw her son was Friday morning "when he was trying to get out of going to school and stated he didn't feel good." She said she told him to get his {expletive} to school "and as far as she knew he had left and went to school."

~snip

More at link:

Initial Harley Dilly police report released: Includes new details about teen’s life, time leading up to disappearance
Sitting on my hands.
MOO

What?? The friend said he came over Friday after school. What time did this happen at? Some kids are off early. I’m assuming based on his age, he doesn’t have a special schedule as those are typically for upper class men closer to graduation. But, knowing the exact time he last saw Harley is crucial. In my opinion.

What?? The friend said he came over Friday after school. What time did this happen at? Some kids are off early. I’m assuming based on his age, he doesn’t have a special schedule as those are typically for upper class men closer to graduation. But, knowing the exact time he last saw Harley is crucial. In my opinion.
Wonder if the friend is mixing up his Thurs and Fri?

Wonder if the friend is mixing up his Thurs and Fri?
That would be my thought too, especially with the break coming up and not knowing what day it is. The only thing is that the police report made it seem like that day they went to the game was the same day Harley asked to go with. Of course they could have it wrong because they’re going off what the friend said. Odd.

Last edited:
So the plot thickens. Harley was supposed to go to school, but he didn't. we now know he couldn't have died within the first 7 hrs that morning after being seen on surveillance at 6:08. If he went to the friends door Friday after school.
This case has more holes than swiss cheese.
I'll just sit on my hands.
MOO

Remember, the friend gave a statement a couple of days later. I'm sure LE (including the FBI) were able to confirm the actual date of the Cavs game and realize this young man had confused the day he last saw Harley. Witness statements are notorious for incorrect information, not lying, recalling info incorrectly. IMO, this released report is just a super super small snippet of the actual case file w/ follow up notes.

Remember, the friend gave a statement a couple of days later. I'm sure LE (including the FBI) were able to confirm the actual date of the Cavs game and realize this young man had confused the day he last saw Harley. Witness statements are notorious for incorrect information, not lying, recalling info incorrectly. IMO, this released report is just a super super small snippet of the actual case file w/ follow up notes.

CAVs schedule https://www.nba.com/resources/static/team/v2/cavaliers/pdfs/2019-2020-Printable-Schedule.pdf

2019-20 Cleveland Cavaliers Schedule and Results | Basketball-Reference.com This schedule shows there was a game that night.

Hoping LE releases info for all the questions of the chimney and the last time HD was seen.
I still at this point am believing misadventure but there are just so many questions that could change my thinking.

While this is true... it seems perhaps odd that this 'Deshawn' friend would recall exactly what HD had been wearing when he'd come to the door (reportedly on the Friday after school - the 20th).. but yet we are to believe he 'apparently' mistook which day he'd come to the door?

This brings other questions, such as.. why was HD going to 'Deshawn's' house to ask 'Deshawn' if HD could also attend the game, when it seems to indicate that it was HD's friend James' father who had taken James and Deshawn to the Cavs game. Wouldn't he have instead asked James, and/or James' father if he could also go, rather than just another invitee?? Or did the tickets belong to Deshawn and James' dad was only the driver?

And if it *was* the Thursday after school when this purportedly happened, then why was HD wearing the same clothes as when he was discovered deceased weeks later? If HD had been at home on the Thurs night and then left early in the morning, purportedly for school, why would he have been wearing same clothes as on the Thurs? i know kids can wear same clothes twice, but still seems a bit odd, considering HD's reported propensity to showering multiple times daily, and with the way kids are nowadays about their clothes and etc?

Cavs game was Fri night though.
That doesn't mean that it couldn't have been the Thursday after school when HD showed up at Deshawn's door asking if he could also go to the game on Friday, does it? Probably better to ask a day ahead than to ask only a couple of hours ahead of when they'd be leaving for the game?

Why was Hickman so vague about if Harley had challenges if it was reported in the initial report that Harley was autistic?

That’s REALLY important information to include in missing child information.
:mad:

Why was this child just allowed to roam where ever without his parents knowing who he was with or even where he was?

Also, why did Marcus GO to the police station vs calling?

This just makes me have 1,000 more questions.
We know why the description of what he was wearing changed now though. It was initially just the coat but they confirmed D saw him and gave a full description.

That doesn't mean that it couldn't have been the Thursday after school when HD showed up at Deshawn's door asking if he could also go to the game on Friday, does it? Probably better to ask a day ahead than to ask only a couple of hours ahead of when they'd be leaving for the game?

I don’t think D was mistaken.

It sounded to me like Harley left Js house (they would have been getting ready to leave for the game) and went to Ds to ask to go with them.

I’d guess D had the tickets. Teenagers IME don’t plan a day ahead with this stuff.

Dilly claims there were several instances where his son ran away on a Friday and did not return until the next morning. He says he went to the police department late that Saturday night because Harley Dilly did not return that morning. The father admitted to not filing police reports when those other incidents occurred, per the report.

Port Clinton Police release missing persons report for Harley Dilly

I looked up where the 'Cavs' played their home games, and found they're played at 'Gund Arena', at 1 Center Ct, Cleveland, OH 44115, which according to googlemaps, is about 1:20 minutes away from where HD lived. Arriving 'after school' on the same day of the game when the game was to start at 7pm, seems like awfully short time to be asking to go along? There would be time required to park, to make it up to your seats, maybe get there a bit early rather than right on the dot, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo