OH OH - Jayme Bowen, 22, Columbus, 10 April 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh, wow. I lived on E Stewart about three houses away from Parsons. I was there two years.

It's a few blocks from German Village and the neighborhood is technically called Merion Village. Once you get past Washington Street, which runs parallel with Parsons Ave., the area can be rough.
Once you cross over Parsons, it gets worse. the neighborhood is a bunch of main streets, like Stewart, with a bunch of alleys that run behind the houses. It's older single homes or duplexes. I lived on a duplex. I parked on Stewart and had all four tires slashed one night. I never knew who did it or why. I chalked it up to kids bored walking through. my roommate had her car broken into and cds taken.

I would not go to the Kroger store on the corner of Parsons and Livingston or the Kroger further south on Parsons because it did feel unsafe.

this is just for others not familiar with the area. I hope Jayme is found safe. prayers to her.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The area is slowly getting better. There are a lot of people moving into Merion Village to gentrify it as a cheaper, similar alternative to German Village. There's been a lot of construction around Children's Hospital as well, and what was bad a few years ago has become better. I'm not saying it's idyllic, by any means, but where she disappeared from felt relatively safe during the day. At night, I'd be far more cautious - but she disappeared at 10am. That to me indicates she likely knew the person, given the amount of traffic in the area.

24 DAYS TODAY THAT JAYME BOWEN HAS BEEN MISSING

10155448_671069476263652_554780702329060987_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...446.1073741829.100000818184466&type=1&theater

And hardly a word by local media. Shame on them.

I hope I dont offend anyone but , at the beginning of the thread everyone was kinda wondering why they suspected human trafficking, and if you re-read all the first posts it seems that we are in disbelief as much as the general public that thats usually one of the last things we think , its so much more common than anyone thinks , it bothers me that even WE sounded a bit in disbelief :(

The area is slowly getting better. There are a lot of people moving into Merion Village to gentrify it as a cheaper, similar alternative to German Village. There's been a lot of construction around Children's Hospital as well, and what was bad a few years ago has become better. I'm not saying it's idyllic, by any means, but where she disappeared from felt relatively safe during the day. At night, I'd be far more cautious - but she disappeared at 10am. That to me indicates she likely knew the person, given the amount of traffic in the area.

gotcha. I wasn't trying to argue, but giving a first-hand account of the area. the timing and it being someone she knew is a good possibility.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/templ...ies/archive/2014/04/T4QQ4prS.xml#.U3bpF9JdVIE
Remember this video? (since removed) and the friend who says she's going to be active searching til she finds Jayme? (Or some words to that effect) Where is this friend and where's Jayme's Mom?
I've seen the friends' Fb, which I cannot link to or discuss here, but it's been concerning to me, from the start. Just saying...She seemed to know things, and yet the days are fast ticking by, there are no updates and still, no Jayme?

I thought about her the other day and looked for an update. :(

This case caught my eye because it's my hometown. Have the women rescued been ID'd yet?

After being off here for sometime, I came back to see if there were any developments in cases in VA like the Zulma Pabon case and came across this case. What really seems odd is that a search of the internet shows no news articles and a news video link here has been removed. Why so little news coverage? And why was the scarce coverage removed?

After being off here for sometime, I came back to see if there were any developments in cases in VA like the Zulma Pabon case and came across this case. What really seems odd is that a search of the internet shows no news articles and a news video link here has been removed. Why so little news coverage? And why was the scarce coverage removed?

No, no news coverage at all. My opinion only, but I don't find local news media coverage to be accurate even when it does cover crimes and the judicial process. There's also a definite agenda with what the local stations cover, and what they do not.

As for media being removed, I don't think there's anything more to it than the usual taking down "stale" articles for space. Sad.

Not being too familiar with this case I just went through Jayme's FB. Seems like her boyfriend R. got out of prison in mid February. Maybe I'm just blind but I can't find anything about how he reacted to her disappearance etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back