GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True, but I also have the smaller zip lock bags that are kept around my kitchen table. I make jewelry so I have itty bitty bags for seed beads and findings and such.

Actually buying those itty bitty bags for jewerly can get you flagged as a possible drug dealer (really). But of course having little itty bitty bags in with your beads and other crafts is a LOT different than sitting around on the kitchen counter next to a scale. Did they find more than one scale? The statement says "scales" as in plural which would be unusual if they were sitting out. I guess some folks say scales even in the singular format, and I wouldn't think most drug dealers use two scales to check for accuracy.

Most everybody has baggies in the kitchen drawer, and a lot of people have a digital scale for various things (dieting, small animals, etc...). I don't think the police would search a kitchen and find these items in drawers and say suspicious, they were probably out in the open and DID look suspicious.

The interview with the mother included these statements by "experts":

DAVID LOHR, CRIME CONTRIBUTOR, AOLNEWS.COM:But most interesting was the items they recovered from the kitchen area. Zip-loc bags, some small bags, white bags, pieces of them. And they found some scales, and like you had mentioned...

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: The scales, the Zip-loc bags, that bothers me a lot, because what does that usually say when you see that, Jane? It usually says some kind of drug activity.

We don`t know that for sure. But I`m just telling you, as a former investigator, you go into a kitchen area, find that, that`s first thing investigators are going to take a look at.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/07/ijvm.01.html

Is it possible that Lisa's parents didn't know that he had a criminal past?

or that she knew but didn't want to tell her parents?

or that she knew but didn't want to tell her parents?

I wonder, but if both of her boyfriends, past and current, had records? Where was she meeting these guys :(

I am sure they knew, or at least suspected and didn't want to find out. The heavy chains etc...look quite gangsta. Plus her previous boyfriend was also an ex-con.

Also disturbing (if true) is the statement that lots of "kids knew where the key was" and they would all just grab it, unlock the door and go in. Maybe in a small town that would work but if they keep the door locked why have all sorts of "kids" using the key to come in? Gives the impression the house might have been a party place and the parents allowed Lisa to do as she pleased, girl is 20 years old and she has a live in ex-con boyfriend staying in her room at her parents house? Johnny's mother clearly said the kids lived together and rotated between Lisa's parents and Johnny's parents.

Parents may not be able to stop their 20 year old daughter from dating ex-cons but they can surely keep the ex-con boyfriends from moving into her room while she lives in THEIR house!

Do we know the story of the ex boyfriend convict is true?

I would think it is most likely true. It seems Lisa liked 'bad boys.' Some girls do... unfortunately.

It isn't like Johnny's mother is saying all this in private and out of the earshot of Lisa's parents.

IMO

Do we know the story of the ex boyfriend convict is true?

my question also. so far the only person i know of that has made this claim is JC's mom on JVM last night. Ihave personal reasons to not believe much of what she says. I think she is in so much pain that she is lashing out at everyone. I spoke to LS's family and they said that he was not, but maybe they don't know that??

the bodies were found in kitchen area. i think mom just assumed it was basement when her cousin came running out from the back of the house screaming. i think there was just alot of chaos at the time. as far as someone mentioning a towel. there was no mention of a towel. that is what it almost sounds ike in the call but it's not. lisa was not sexually assaulted. i am extened family. i think she was half dressed because she wasn't ready to leave yet. tif was waiting and like alot of females she wasn't dressed and ready to go yet. johnny was known to have a big mouth and flaunted that he was staying at such a nice place. i think he told one of his friends to come hit the house at 11 cuz we will be gone. he had to say "who are you" otherwise lisa would know that he was in on it. as far as tif goes i just dont know. i think she had to get them out of the house by 11. i think they were probably friends of friends and quite possibly he really didn't know them. they were not suppose to be there and that's when things went horribly wrong. i think after the bags they just placed their hands over nose and mouth and killed them quickly. just some thoughts. and i have read and viewed everything about this and i don't recall mention of black tape, but i could have missed it. the only duct tape we have is black and i am a local.

Hello Everyone! I was wondering how I go about getting verified?

They sell all kinds of different colored duct tape at Wal-mart & Target(SMSC).
If you go to a 3D bird's eye view you can see there are 2 windows in the center. One is small which IMO would think that is to the kitchen. The larger window is to the right and my guess that's to the dining room. The the bodies were found in the kitchen/dining area, so they were found between the two windows. Both are high up, but the bigger one would be easier to look into. There is also a door in the back that leads into the garage.

<mod snip>
OMG!!! I kept hearing it was EXTENSIVE but OMG again. I didn't see one speeding ticket in there. Just unbelievable....
I'm local... so many rumors. Just heard more tonight of what the inside of the house looked liked. When the friend went by to see where, what had happen.... waiting for Johnny to come & get her.
Really makes me question what all the police cars where doing when they were on location. I have seen them to many times just sitting in there cars window to window shooting the bull. (eating donuts)

If Johnny told someone to come and hit the house, they would not have killed him. I know ppl are upset with how the mother's emotions on NG but, what mother would want to speak of negative things about their child, when their child has just been murdered. The mother is probably a wreck at this time and oppose to speaking negative about her son who was just murdered, the only thing that's on her mind is receiving justice for her son.

Also, I don't feel that the mother should say negative things about her son's girlfriend for the same reason. The girlfriend was killed as well. The young lady who placed the phone call to the mother should take LDT-lie detective test, along with drug test and show that she is not involved in this horrific crime in any type of way. However, if the drug test is not clean, she should be questioned. There are only two crowd of ppl who can be involved in this crime. Someone connected to the couple who knows the couples business or (not certain but) if the couple purchased a heavy weight of drugs, the person they bought the drugs from might know their business as well.

I've seen photos of Johnny throwing gang signs. Anyone else notice this? I wonder if Johnny joined a gang while in prison. If so, he was required to continue illegal activity on the outside to fund the "family."

Prison gangs are for life. 'blood in, blood out.' You can't just quit. I hope LE is looking at all angles here.

Any locals aware of this?

If Johnny told someone to come and hit the house, they would not have killed him. I know ppl are upset with how the mother's emotions on NG but, what mother would want to speak of negative things about their child, when their child has just been murdered. The mother is probably a wreck at this time and oppose to speaking negative about her son who was just murdered, the only thing that's on her mind is receiving justice for her son.

Also, I don't feel that the mother should say negative things about her son's girlfriend for the same reason. The girlfriend was killed as well. The young lady who placed the phone call to the mother should take LDT-lie detective test, along with drug test and show that she is not involved in this horrific crime in any type of way. However, if the drug test is not clean, she should be questioned. There are only two crowd of ppl who can be involved in this crime. Someone connected to the couple who knows the couples business or (not certain but) if the couple purchased a heavy weight of drugs, the person they bought the drugs from might know their business as well.

Invest..... We don't know if she hasn't been given a LDT. I can tell you as a mother of a victim of a violent crime here the detectives are Jaded.
I think I read the FBI is helping with the investigation. I hope it's true, just maybe they don't have the mind set the local detectives have.
My prayers are with the parents of both the victims. Your days are just blank and full of frustration. You are totally walking wounded.
All you want are all the why's answered. Are they getting it from the investigation?

I've seen photos of Johnny throwing gang signs. Anyone else notice this? I wonder if Johnny joined a gang while in prison. If so, he was required to continue illegal activity on the outside to fund the "family."

Prison gangs are for life. 'blood in, blood out.' You can't just quit. I hope LE is looking at all angles here.

Always... I haven't seen the pic's with the gang signs. But.... I'm not sure what a gang sign is? I know it doing things with your fingers. LOL......
Tonight on the news, they used the DNA threat.
As you can see I've been hear for a few years. I'm familiar with the way investigations go. My other post gives my feelings about the local detectives. They (detectives) are so Jaded that they either go textbook or gut feelings. JMO

Invest..... We don't know if she hasn't been given a LDT. I can tell you as a mother of a victim of a violent crime here the detectives are Jaded.
I think I read the FBI is helping with the investigation. I hope it's true, just maybe they don't have the mind set the local detectives have.
My prayers are with the parents of both the victims. Your days are just blank and full of frustration. You are totally walking wounded.
All you want are all the why's answered. Are they getting it from the investigation?

Thank you for your reply. Sending Godly love to families that endure these type of heart breaking situations.

This just baffles me. I hope they catch the person(s) who did this. No matter what illegal activities this young man was into, he and Lisa died a horrific death, and it breaks my heart. His mother is grieving and suffering and I can't hold whatever she says against her at this time; her world is shattered.

May both these kids R.I.P.

If you go to a 3D bird's eye view you can see there are 2 windows in the center. One is small which IMO would think that is to the kitchen. The larger window is to the right and my guess that's to the dining room. The the bodies were found in the kitchen/dining area, so they were found between the two windows. Both are high up, but the bigger one would be easier to look into. There is also a door in the back that leads into the garage.

:welcome3:

If you are asking about being verified as a local or family - at the bottom of every page is a contact us - click that!

Link please?

Please email wsverify@xmission.com and include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
All the info will be kept strictly confidential.

I have had to remove more posts.

IF a post has been removed, PLEASE DO NOT discuss it on the forum. It was removed for a reason.

It is against TOS to encourage people to contact you out of the forum.

Please abide by the rules. If you have any questions, you can contact believe09, Salem, or me, or any other mod you feel comfortable communicating with.

Thank you,
fran

We have had to come through and remove and edit some additional posts.

Websleuths is a victim friendly website. Friends and family are also victims of this crime. Please do NOT sleuth the family and friends background and for goodness sakes, please don't post the info or provide a link to such.

IF and when LE comes out and names a POI or suspect, they can be sleuthed. In the meatime, IMHO, there's plenty to speculate about AND be respectful to the collaterally effected victims.

Thank you all for your participation and your cooperation.

fran

I'm a little lost on this post I apologize.
Are you saying that the paraphenelia and no drugs fits in with robbery because they drugs is whats being robbed?

and BBM are you saying either are possible?

Yes and Yes!

IF this was drug paraphenalia, and LE would know by how they found it, and there were no drugs recovered, (which none were indicated on the reports,) then I would GUESS IMHO, the it's POSSIBLE it was robbery for the drugs. That COULD be why LE said it was a 'robbery gone bad.'

Just my opinion on LE statement.

I am saying that Johnny's criminal acquaintances or Lisa's ex-bf with his alleged criminal background are both areas that should be reviewed by LE to POSSIBLY help solve this crime.

HTH
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaHAu