GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seems like the perp(s) locked the door after they left? Very calculated murder IMO. Although I suspect multiple perps, I don't rule out one perp either. If he has a gun (probably) then he can force them on the floor, or even have one tie up the other.

All JMO.

bbm

Probably left through the garage. The garage door was closed. I'm sure it's probably an electric garage door so I wonder if the perp(s) took the remote opener or did the push the button and run move.

Seems like the perp(s) locked the door after they left? Very calculated murder IMO. Although I suspect multiple perps, I don't rule out one perp either. If he has a gun (probably) then he can force them on the floor, or even have one tie up the other.

All JMO.

Yeah I agree. They are not likely to find dna under any fingernails. The killer might very well have used plastic bags to keep the noise down and prevent blood splatter/messy dna stuff, plus not have to worry about disposing of a weapon. I would bet you anything the killer/s told them "just chill out, we just want the cash/dope/whatever...we don't wanna hurt you". Especially with Johnny being a formidable size guy.

I really think IF they crack this case it will be due to a snitch, someone that knew and got charged with some crime and plea bargained their way out of it (or even just cracked under police pressure but that is less likely).

The mothers' facebook comments are rather off the charts though, she had best worry about raising her other sons right so they don't get mixed up in something that gets them killed. I know around here it is not unusual for 2 or 3 kids from the same mother to get killed in various gang wars or drug disputes years apart.

I do feel sorry for Lisa's parents though, they sound like decent middle class people and they had to be upset about her dating all these ex-cons.

Probably left through the garage. The garage door was closed. I'm sure it's probably an electric garage door so I wonder if the perp(s) took the remote opener or did the push the button and run move.
Ah ok, I think you are right. Then maybe the garage door was open at first since they were about to leave? That could indicate a random burglar taking advantage of the open door, but still find that hard to believe somehow.

Ah ok, I think you are right. Then maybe the garage door was open at first since they were about to leave? That could indicate a random burglar taking advantage of the open door, but still find that hard to believe somehow.

If the "who are you?!" moment actually occurred I could see Johnny and Lisa coming from the kitchen to the garage and that's where things started.

You know, I was just thinking about the bags on the head thing. That would be a really good way to keep blood off of the perp. A clean kill if you will.

Something needs to happen soon. I'm kind of worried that LE is doing the reward $ thing. Like they can't solve this unless someone comes forward.

Don't know if anyone has posted on this or not, but the items found in the search warrant (bits of plastic baggies) alot of people were confused about the bits of plastic. This is a KNOWN sign to look for regarding whether someone is a drug abuser or not...

Heroin and Meth in particular....I did a google search and here's a link regarding the bits of baggie

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/DrugResources/page5807.aspx

Right, bits of a plastic baggies (the corners) are ripped off to contain easily $20.00 baggies of meth or heroin. There was a lot of drugs involved here quite the contrary. Someone knew it and they murdered these 2 in cold blood.

Where did you guys hear that Johnny and Tiff's brother were friends, is that information that has been shared or do you know either of the parties?
Also I don't know where you guys heard that she had no pants on, she had jeans on and an extra pair under her neck for some reason.

Where did you guys hear that Johnny and Tiff's brother were friends, is that information that has been shared or do you know either of the parties?
Also I don't know where you guys heard that she had no pants on, she had jeans on and an extra pair under her neck for some reason.

i have the exact same questions?????

Have the toxicology reports been released yet? How about the search warrant? No transcripts up for NG yet, the Livedash one doesn't provide much info at all.

So hurtful to know that: Police said they found nothing alarming on their first check, and nothing to believe that the couple would be in any danger. So they left. My god. The mother that spoke tonight was completely crushed and beyond upset. It's rough to see when ppl do these interviews and always say the same thing. They wish the media would get facts right and be a little bit more sensitive to feelings and emotions.

i felt the mother was completely hipocritical and insensitive. not wanting to discuss her sons negatived side but jumping at every chance to make lisa look bad.
to me it seems whoever did it wanted her to find them.

Maybe it's just me, but my hinky meter is going off the charts about Johnny's mom..there's something just not right there...there is new FB page regarding a benefit being held tonite (feb 8) so that Johnny's parents can defray cost of funeral. On the RIP page put up the mom writes that "she has a secret to tell him"....IDK...i just feel like something is off..soley my opinion

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=131900056877749

Link to CNN transcript of johnny's mom going over what happend. She basically blames Lisa, Very interesting some of her comments.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/07/ijvm.01.html

So the Mom says she knows where there is a key to get into the house and yet the husband has to kick the door down? If she was so worried and the police wouldn't go in you'd think they'd grab that key and maybe take a peek inside.

So the Mom says she knows where there is a key to get into the house and yet the husband has to kick the door down? If she was so worried and the police wouldn't go in you'd think they'd grab that key and maybe take a peek inside.

She said: 'There was a key that would sit in a box next to the door that goes from the garage into the home'

The house appeared to be in order the first 2 times LE checked up. No one said the GARAGE door was open.

She said: 'There was a key that would sit in a box next to the door that goes from the garage into the home'

The house appeared to be in order the first 2 times LE checked up. No one said the GARAGE door was open.

Touché.

Well I think she is implying that the key wasn't there anymore, also maybe implying that the killers knew about the key?

Plus she could have found out about the key after the fact from Lisa's parents or sister or something. If they key was supposedly inside the garage it still would have required the parents to break into the garage to get it (who keeps a hidden spare key inside a locked garage?).

Wow, his mom really wants to blame Lisa and/or her friends or ex-boyfriends...from that transcript.

I have relatives that lock the door between the garage and the house every night and especially when they are gone (Even if the exterior doors are locked and the garage door is down). They often hide a key in the garage near the door to the house and it is quick to unlock.

We had family friends who were robbed by someone driving down the road, pressing extra garage door openers, and it randomly opened up their garage.

I think the door companies don't have that issue anymore and the frequency needs to be copied, but keeping the door to your garage locked is an extra layer of security.

Wow, his mom really wants to blame Lisa and/or her friends or ex-boyfriends...from that transcript.

Wow, yeah I picked up on that quickly also. I think a better way of dealing with the questions about Johnny's past would be to simply say that the Killers are at fault. Instead, she continually brings up Lisa and Lisa's friends.

I really wish authorities would name Tiff so we could check on her, the people around her, her/their criminal records, and any interests. It could fill in the spaces about her motives for not calling. I'm guessing they won't name her, but you never know.

Unless the perps wore gloves there should be all kinds of fingerprints from the crime scene including that on the plastic bags and duct tape. Since duct tape was used a couple times I'm wondering if it could have been used with gloves. (starting that first piece) I'm also wondering about fiber and/or hair evidence or touch DNA on the plastic or tape.

Then comes the harder part of matching it to someone. I'm almost sure there was trace evidence somewhere, maybe even tire tracks.

I've wondered if that is why there was a key inside on the floor. That would explain the surprised reaction from Johnny overheard on the phone,, if that is even the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson
Back