GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure either. However, The girl Johnny was on the phone with has the same last name. Williams.

Also being charged with domestic violence. Maybe the woman turned him in after being beaten....

Not sure. They have reported on all stations WTOL 11 WTVG 13 & Fox Toledo MORE arrest will be coming.

Holy cr-p! I didn't think I'd ever see this. Great news! Thanks for posting it.

Common name but still interesting.

Wasnt that the last name of the girl who contacted Johnny's mom that night? Maybe I have that wrong.

I am so glad this case has been solved.

I always thought the motive was robbery and they did it while they knew the parents were away.

It sounds a lot like the Billings case where the thugs thought they had a safe with a lot of money inside of it.

Williams was looking for the safe he thought Lisa's parents had. That is why walls were torn open looking for it.

Prayers for the families.

UPDATE: Williams charged for Clark-Straub double murder

TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - Sam Williams, 24, was arraigned by video Friday for the murders of Lisa Straub and Johnny Clark.

Williams faces two counts of murder and two counts of aggravated burglary. His bond has been set at $5 million. He'll be back in court Monday to get a public defender.

When the judge asked if he worked, Williams said he was a student and did not work. Williams has apparently been studying at Owens Community College. He has been in the Toledo area since 2006.

The family of Johnny Clarke was present in the courtroom.

The arrest was made by around 6 p.m. Thursday for the gruesome Springfield Township murders that happened in January. Detectives said Thursday that more arrests may be coming.

Since the murders, authorities have maintained the murders were not a random act of violence and that Clarke and Straub were targeted. At the arraignment, Johnny Clarke's family said they have never heard of nor seen Williams.

http://www.wtol.com/story/15529097/man-arrested-in-straub-clarke-double-murder

One of the articles mentioned that this guy was in a picture with J & L on facebook. I realize Facebook linkings are iffy, but I'm really curious about it. Has anyone found it? What I'd like to know is the date of the photo, where it was taken, who uploaded or tagged it, etc.

Wow, I thought this was never going to happen. Very glad they got this guy.

Mrs. Clarke said Thursday she recognized Mr. Williams from pictures she saw of him on someone else's Facebook page.

Bond is $5 million, he could get the death penalty since there were 2 murders.

Detective Jeff Kozak said he is not yet releasing any information about a motive.

Possibly more arrests to come..

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2011/09/24/Homicide-victims-kin-push-for-death-penalty.html

from link:

"Despite Mr. Williams' record, childhood friend Zach Hainer, 22, describes the suspect, a father of two, as a "gentle giant" and "one of the best men I've met in my life."

Mr. Hainer said the two played football together in elementary and middle school.

Mr. Williams played for Raymer Elementary School -- a linebacker, Mr. Hainer said".

So even though he knows about the violent record, he still luvs this guy. And he must be a stand up citizen, cuz he played football in elementary school.?? I don't get that logic. Or the need to try and humanize who this guy really is.

I'm so glad LE got this guy. I'm interested to hear the whole story.

I'm SO happy to hear they've made an arrest in this case! I was surprised it went unsolved for so long!!

In the video linked above, with Johnny's mom talking, and his dad is there.... um... why isn't he wearing a shirt? Am I missing something?

I'm glad an arrest was finally made! I was beginning to give up hope!

I wonder if the Defense will argue Williams did not mean for them to die. He placed the plastic bags over their heads possibly so they wouldn't be able to identify him and did not think about they fact they would likely suffocate. I am not saying that is what happened but it seems like a good line of defense if this goes to trial. What an infuriatingly senseless loss of two lives.

I wonder if the Defense will argue Williams did not mean for them to die. He placed the plastic bags over their heads possibly so they wouldn't be able to identify him and did not think about they fact they would likely suffocate. I am not saying that is what happened but it seems like a good line of defense if this goes to trial. What an infuriatingly senseless loss of two lives.

I think they will probably go with SODDI.

They wont try to say it was a mistake. Putting bags over someone's face where they cant breath it is reasonable to believe that the person will die.

I think he planned to leave no eye witness behind. I see it as cold blooded murders while in the commission of another felony.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452
Back