GUILTY OH - Johnny Clarke, 21, & Lisa Straub, 20, murdered, Springfield Twp, 31 Jan 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WOW in this last page i believe there was 40 some posts and i think about 35 of them were about dogs .. I came here to read up on this terrible crime see if there were any new details since i was last online and instead i was brought upto date on the best breeding methods of dogs maybe we could get a little more info on this crime I mean if no one else minds that is....

JUST SAYIN .....

I think this was drug related and as far as JC being involved in a gang... I watch the series "Lock-Up" on MSNBC and the other night it was on gangs. I think it was called 'ganging up'. The very first statement made was by a prison guard saying that tos survive in prison, inmates have to gang up.

We would have to see which tatoos he got while in prison but I believe he probably got involved with one while serving time. The scales and baggies on the counter with the fact that they were 20 and 21 means drugs not weight loss. The fact that LS's parents said nothing was missing doesn't mean that NOTHING was missing... It just means that nothing that they KNEW about was missing.

I think there were drugs there and that is what was taken. I realize that it is just my opinion but I believe there was a significant amount there that was uncut due to the scales and baggies being on the counter.

This case has looked like a drug-related home invasion from the beginning. Someone knew he had most recently got in an amount of drugs and they went there to take them or he was screwing his supplier...

Drugs is at the core of this because it is the easiest explanation for how things went down.

The friend did not call the police and waited because she did not know exactly what was going on over there but she knew one thing for sure and that is that her friends were involved in drugs. Having the police go over there and not know if the police was 'needed' could cause her friends to get busted. I do not find the friends actions suspicious and I do not think she set up or was involved in the home invasion.

This case probably will not get solved until someone is arrested for something and snitches.

From what I've learned and read, dog bowls and such are much more effective than the signs. Most burglars (which are different from robbers, because burglars do not expect anyone to be home) would be deterred by dogs, but in home invasion cases, robbery cases, etc., the suspects can just shoot the dog, whether inside or outside.
Slightly O/T... A BIG raw steak or ground beef can also occupy some dogs if the burglar wants in bad enough. Havinga radio playing "talk radio" in a bedroom can also sound like conversion from outside. And having timers set to have lights do on and off in rooms afterdark makes it look like someone is inside the home as well. Often they will move on after seeing a light turn off or on.

A friend of mine did the dog bowl at the door. She also went to Goodwill and bought a huge pair of men's boots, size 15 lol... and a big pair of thick rubber work qloves, got em all muddy and our them next to the dog bowls. It looks like Paul Bunyan-sp? lives there, but she lives alone. If someone watched her long enough they'd figure out she lives alone, but her hope is she would get crossed of that list pretty quick.

My dad has signs posted on his mailbox and doors. "This home is protected by the homeowner and his Glock". Whatever works...

Been away from this thread for a week...any news on the investigation?

Not a thing.

I think a lot of rumors that were floating around may have no truth to them.

It seems to me if either of the victims had any linkage to the suspect(s) (even as a slight acquaintance) LE would have solved this case by now.

Its been almost a month and nothing.

Sad for these two that lost their lives.

IMO

Double homicide wasn't a random robbery
SheriffÕs office advises neighbors not to worry
Springfield Township residents fearful that the recent double homicide may mean danger for the neighbors should not worry.
"It wasn't random. It wasn't a robbery. It was professional," Lucas County Sheriff's Sergeant James Schiavone said.
The sergeant gave an update on the murder investigation to the Springfield Township Trustees as part of his monthly sheriff's report at the February 22 meeting.
Lisa Straub, 20, and Johnny S. Clarke, 21, were found executed January 31 in a home on Longacre Lane, where Ms. Straub lived with her parents Jeff and Mary Beth Straub.
Ms. Straub and Mr. Clark were found around 4 a.m., by Mr. ClarkÕs family members. The couple had been suffocated with plastic bags over their heads and their hands bound.
Sgt. Schiavone said he believes the drug-related crime was a professional "hit," instigated by actions of the victims.
The crime was not a random neighborhood robbery and the sergeant believes the suspects are likely no longer in the area.
"Nobody needs to be worried about that," he added.
The sheriff's office is investigating the crime with the assistance of the FBI and the state Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI).
More than 100 people have been interviewed during the investigation, he said.
Ms. Straub and Mr. Clarke were discovered after his family had called 9-1-1 several times earlier that evening, concerned about their safety.

http://www.hollandsfj.us/HSnews.html

they must have been in deep for it to be a professional hit.

..."instigated by actions of the victims..."??
What could they have done that justified this kind of slaughter?
I'm guessing drugs, and someone ripped someone off...but that is still a very harsh way for LE to put it.

Sgt. Schiavone said he believes the drug-related crime was a professional "hit," instigated by actions of the victims

I'm stunned by this statement by a LE officer.

I have no words.

JMHO
fran
:(

If it was a professional hit and these young people "instigated" it, then someone local would probably have some tie to the hit, even if the actual murderers are from far away. Who else would they have had the opportunity to interact with? I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that they had some kind of negative contact with out-of-towners, but it still seems to me more likely that whatever original interaction LE is referring to happened with locals.

They couldn't have been too professional. They did poke holes in the walls looking for a safe that wasn't there. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Sgt. Schiavone said he believes the drug-related crime was a professional "hit," instigated by actions of the victims.
The crime was not a random neighborhood robbery and the sergeant believes the suspects are likely no longer in the area.
"Nobody needs to be worried about that," he added.
The sheriff's office is investigating the crime with the assistance of the FBI and the state Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI).
More than 100 people have been interviewed during the investigation, he said.
Ms. Straub and Mr. Clarke were discovered after his family had called 9-1-1 several times earlier that evening, concerned about their safety.

Wow...WOW.

Since the FBI is involved, and they're sure this is clearly drug-related, it makes me wonder if a RICO-level gang is involved.

I also wonder about the use of the word "professional" - also implying a gang with tentacles and connections all over the country.

GOD what I would give to be a fly on the wall at the FBI right now. I'm thinking JC crossed into another gang's territory or ripped someone off. And it wouldn't surprise me if JC became affiliated with this group while in prison.
I'm wondering if there are certain gangs that utilize this method of killing in particular? Anyone know what gangs are big territory-wise in this area of Illinois?

I had posted earlier about possible gang involvement. If Johnny did join a gang while in prison, he would be required to participate in whatever illegal activity was asked of him when released. To do otherwise could have deadly consequences.

I posted a few photos regarding gang signs and tattoos. He's making the Sureno 13 sign in one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, basically, we were right, and in a way, so was JC's mom. It will be interesting to find out more.

Family: Threatening memento left for Springfield Twp. murder victim

He is buried in Memorial Park Cemetery in Ottawa Hills. Clarke's mother, Maytee Vazquez-Clarke,says she found an angel statue with a rope of beads around the angel's neck. She believes it was a symbolic message.

"Because of the way him and Lisa passed," she said. "They had bags over their heads, and they were bound around their necks.

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14206591

This is what THE Sheriff of that county said.

TOLEDO, OH -- Lucas County Sheriff James A. Telb says his department continues to pursue leads in the double homicide of Johnny S. Clarke and Lisa Straub that occurred in Springfield Twp. on January 31, 2011.

Deputies are confident that the murder was not a random act of violence and that the Clarke and Straub were targeted by their assailants. They do not believe the killers were "professionals" but have no motive for the crime as of now.

Deputies have conducted numerous interviews and polygraph examinations, according to the sheriff. The evidence collected at the scene continues to be processed by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification and investigators are awaiting results of those tests. The F.B.I. have also dedicated resources to the investigation.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/...aspx?id=589699

So imo they don't have a clue why these young people were targeted or what the motive could be.

At least now we know why it hasn't been solved.

IMO

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=8000379

Two weeks ago, Schiavone, according to trustees, told them the murders were a "professional hit" and that Lisa Straub had gang connections.

Verbosky says, "Had we had any indication that Lisa was in any grave danger, we would certainly have done something to protect her."

The sheriff has since released a statement: "The motive is unknown, but investigators do not believe this was a -- quote  'professional hit.'"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back