GUILTY OH - Jonathan Minard, 14, found deceased, Carroll County, 13 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Williams said that investigators have now identified a person of interest. He is described as a 29-year-old man with a criminal record, consisting of mainly drug offenses.

More here Ohio police peg person of interest in case of missing boy, 14

Sorry! I now see this info about this POI was already posted.
From your link :(:
According to investigators, Minard was helping his 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad when he began to complain of a toothache, The Canton Repository reported. The pair are said to have headed to the friend’s home to call the teen's mother.
<snip>
Williams said that investigators have now identified a person of interest. He is described as a 29-year-old man with a criminal record, consisting of mainly drug offenses, Fox 8 reported.

It was not immediately clear if the person of interest was Minard’s friend from the farm.

From your link :(:
According to investigators, Minard was helping his 29-year-old friend on the dairy farm of the friend's dad when he began to complain of a toothache, The Canton Repository reported. The pair are said to have headed to the friend’s home to call the teen's mother.
<snip>
Williams said that investigators have now identified a person of interest. He is described as a 29-year-old man with a criminal record, consisting of mainly drug offenses, Fox 8 reported.

It was not immediately clear if the person of interest was Minard’s friend from the farm.
Okay, answers my question. So, maybe poi gave him something for his "pain" and things went wrong?

Search for Jonathon Minard, 14, expands into criminal probe

The 14-year-old Dellroy boy was last seen visiting an older friend in New Harrisburg for the weekend. Authorities have stopped “physically searching” for the boy. His family declines comment, asks for privacy.

“We searched all day yesterday and the night before and came up with absolutely nothing,” Williams said, adding, “We’re not doing any more physical searches today. We’re working on (the case) from a different angle.”

So was he working on the farm Fri. and part of Sat. or not ?
It feels like the people he was with, incl. the farm people, are coming up with different stories.
Apologies if I'm pointing a finger at the wrong parties.

It feels like the people he was with, incl. the farm people, are coming up with different stories.
IMO if the 29 year old friend is also the 29 year old POI then we may not be getting the true story.

Wait a second. Is this 29-year-old dude a family friend or Jonathon's friend? Because, if he's Jonathon's friend, that's a bit strange. Like, how many grown adults want to be friends with 14-year-old boys? Like, come on... If he's a family friend, I can sort of understand his parents trusting him and letting their son go do some work on the farm, even with the drug offenses (many people with drug related criminal records go on to do just fine and turn their lives around, I ain't judging anyone, seriously). But I would be a little suspicious if I had a teen son that was friends with a grown adult, that stuff doesn't end well most times.
Could the friend have giving him something for his toothache that was a little too strong for the kid?

Yes, he worked Friday and returned Saturday. A toothache after arriving at 1:30 pm and it was said he was going to call his mother. The poster with all his info states he was last seen Saturday night. It is noted that his mother never received a phone call from her son, or anyone else.

"On Saturday, Minard complained of a toothache and said he would call his mother and go home. That was the last time he was seen.

“His mom never received that call,” said Williams. According to Williams, deputies has been searching the area for Minard, but have come across no leads in the investigation. Williams says a person of interest was questioned, but no arrests were made."

Authorities organize search for missing Carroll County teen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back