OH OH - Kara Hyde, 23, bag of clothes found in Crawford Woods, Hamilton, 5 Dec 2021 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
23-year-old Hamilton woman missing since early December (fox19.com)

HWIV7AEZANEFFJDEO2XLRL6HSU.JPG

Kara Hyde, 23, was last leaving her home on Grand Blvd. around 1:30 p.m. on Dec 5. ...

[...]

Kara has been completely silent on social media since she went missing.

[...]

Going off a tip, family and friends searched for Kara in Crawford Woods without success last weekend.

[...]

Hamilton police detectives working the case sent out a department-wide email asking officers to be on the lookout for the 23-year-old.

[...]

... her many talents, LH [Kara's mother] says, have been overshadowed by intermittent substance abuse.

“I’ve been trying to help her. I’ve had her in rehab three times,” LH said.

If you have any information about where Kara Hyde is, you’re urged to call the Hamilton Police Department at (513) 868-5811.

JAN 6, 2021
Police continue to look for Hamilton woman missing since last month (journal-news.com)

FPX7FYZWCVEKFLGWTNR3A6ZUWY.JPG

[...]

LH said she believes her daughter, who struggled with drug addiction, may have placed herself in danger.

She said the family has been searching on their own and found a bag of her clothes in Crawford Woods, but no other sign of Kara.

“She has gone missing a couple times before. But never this long,” LH said. “She lived on Facebook. Nothing has been posted and her phone just goes to voice mail.”

[...]

JAN 11, 2022
Missing Hamilton woman’s bag of clothes found in woods (wcpo.com)
[...]

On Monday, the Hamilton Police Department announced it was offering a $500 reward to anyone with information leading to Hyde's location. Hyde went missing on Dec. 5 after leaving her home in the 2200 block of Grand Boulevard at about 2 p.m. that day, according to a Hamilton police report.

[...]

Detectives took to social media last week asking for information about the woman’s whereabouts. Her mother, LH, pleaded for someone to come forward. On Monday, Sgt. Rich Burkhardt said no new information has been received. Burkhardt said a thorough search was conducted on Saturday by EquuSearch Midwest and police in Crawford Woods, but nothing was found.

LH said the family, searching on its own, previously found a bag of her clothes in Crawford Woods, but no other sign of Kara Hyde. That’s what prompted Saturday’s search in the same area.

[...]

Lisa Hyde said Monday the family issued a $1,000 reward for “whoever can prove where she is right now.”

[...]

First link includes video of an interview with Kara's mom

JAN 11, 2022
Reward offered in case of missing 23-year-old Hamilton woman (fox19.com)
[...]

Hamilton police detectives and Texas Equusearch looked for Kara last weekend in Crawford Woods. It’s the same place family and friends searched weeks ago based on a tip.

Both searches turned up nothing. Lisa says there aren’t any more searches planned because there aren’t any more leads.

[...]

Lisa believes the 23-year-old may be being held against her will; hence the urgency to find her.

Another option is tied to Kara’s history of substance abuse.

“I feel that Kara may have possibly OD’d, and if she was with someone, they may be afraid to say anything,” Lisa said.

[...]

JAN 12, 2022
Reward offered in case of missing 23-year-old Hamilton woman
170445ed-6638-4aa6-8fe1-68b6b17479ba.jpeg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

upload_2022-1-18_19-37-47.jpeg

Circumstances of Disappearance
The missing person, Kara L. Hyde, was last seen leaving her mother’ s house on Grand Boulevard in Hamilton, Ohio on 12/05/2021 at approximately 1:30 pm. Kara has not been seen or heard from since this time. Family members located a bag of her clothes in Crawford Woods, but no other sign of Kara.

One of Kara's FB (looks like Mom has taken it over)

Another 2021

Another 2020

Another FB (2019)

@PommyMommy Re this part of the article above: "Hyde went missing on Dec. 5 after leaving her home in the 2200 block of Grand Boulevard at about 2 p.m. that day, according to a Hamilton police report."

Just a tidbit of info if you haven't already seen it - I have seen mentioned elsewhere (and verified) that an RSO ("DGH") lives nearby on Grand Blvd. and she could have passed there if she walked to the woods.

One of Kara's FB (looks like Mom has taken it over)

Another 2021

Another 2020

Another FB (2019)

@PommyMommy Re this part of the article above: "Hyde went missing on Dec. 5 after leaving her home in the 2200 block of Grand Boulevard at about 2 p.m. that day, according to a Hamilton police report."

Just a tidbit of info if you haven't already seen it - I have seen mentioned elsewhere (and verified) that an RSO ("DGH") lives nearby on Grand Blvd. and she could have passed there if she walked to the woods.
Thank you. I haven't seen that tidbit. I hope all RSO's in the area have been checked out. MOO

Loved ones of missing 23-year-old Hamilton woman host “Honk for Kara” rally

Friends and family hosted a “Honk for Kara” rally Saturday for a 23-year-old Hamilton woman who has been missing for two months.

Kara Hyde’s friends, family, and neighbors stood outside of the Butler County Courthouse with signs that have her photo and say, “Have you seen me?”

The Hamilton Township Police Department is offering a $500 reward for information, and the family is offering a $1,000 reward for information that can help them find Kara.

Police detectives and Texas Equusearch have been searching for her since she went missing.

Kara Hyde, 23, was last seen on Grand Boulevard in Hamilton on Dec. 5, 2021, and despite a reward and pleas for information from the police and her mother Lisa, there is no information on her whereabouts.

Hamilton Police announced the department is offering a $500 reward to anyone with information leading to the location of Hyde. The family announced an additional $1,000 in reward money.

A vigil will occur Thursday at Fairfield’s Village Green park.

Hyde went missing after leaving her home in the 2200 block of Grand at about 2 p.m. that day according to the Hamilton police report. She was reported missing by her mother on Dec. 18, police said.
Vigil for missing Hamilton woman happening this week

MAR 17, 2022
Police increase reward for information in disappearance of Hamilton woman (fox19.com)
[...]

According to Hamilton Police Detective Brian Wynn, investigators have followed up on several leads, specifically some related to Hyde’s last actions on social media.

[...]

Detective Wynn said there are people who are not cooperating or speaking with investigators.

“They’re reluctant to want to be a snitch or anything like that. We’re hoping [people] will come forward that may have known Kara that are reluctant to talk to us,” Wynn said.

[...]

“Investigators said the family found a bag of Hyde's clothes in Crawford Woods after searching on their own. Crews said they've searched the area at least two times since the discovery and haven't found anything.

Now, new tips are leading the family about a mile away from that area.

"One of the tips involved actually seeing her at this site on or about the night she went missing,” said Lisa, Hyde’s mother. “That's got me hopeful that you know we might be going in the right direction in this search.”

Hyde's family hopes the tips will bring her home. They're getting help from experts who are trained in searching and locating missing people. Hyde’s loved ones, along with volunteers, will meet May 7 at 10 a.m. at Crawford Woods Park, then travel a short distance to the search site.”

It is not uncommon for homeless/drug addicts to live in the woods. Common around here. So that would explain her bag of clothes. The woods dwellers will leave their possessions in the woods and leave temporarily. That being said, the fact that she didn't retrieve the clothes makes me believe she is no longer alive. I believe her mom is right, she ODd and whoever was with her is afraid to say anything. I suspect she's still in those woods somewhere.

It is not uncommon for homeless/drug addicts to live in the woods. Common around here. So that would explain her bag of clothes. The woods dwellers will leave their possessions in the woods and leave temporarily. That being said, the fact that she didn't retrieve the clothes makes me believe she is no longer alive. I believe her mom is right, she ODd and whoever was with her is afraid to say anything. I suspect she's still in those woods somewhere.
Unfourtnetly thats the most plausable explanation. People OD and their friends dumb them somewhere because the they dont want to interact with police for fear they will receive charges. If that's the case though I feel like the body wouldve turned up by now and that they wouldnt have planned out too much in an emergncy situation.

On Dec. 5, 2021, Kara Hyde left her mother's house on Grand Blvd. in Hamilton and never returned. It was the day after her mother, Lisa Hyde's, birthday.

“She had made me a birthday present and she was going to go get it, and that was the last I’ve seen of her," Lisa Hyde said.

JUL 5, 2022
[...]

Lisa is holding a yard sale fundraiser this weekend at Kara’s home on Grand Boulevard to raise funds for more searches.

[...]

“When I lay down and go to sleep and I know she’s still out there, it tortures me to no end,” Lisa said. “I can’t believe it’s been seven months either. She should’ve been found by now.”

Lisa’s fundraiser will be held Saturday and Sunday noon-dusk.

“We’ve already received a bunch of donations,” Lisa said. “We have tons and tons of merchandise.”

Lisa says they are still taking donations but they also need volunteers for upcoming searches.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back