OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather records show it was raining between 11 and at least midnight, with a storm sweeping through around 11:30, clearing by around 1 am.

During and/or immediately after a big rainstorm is a mighty funny time to be burning papers in a firepit.

Since JC said he and Katelyn were texting during the process and discussing it, the paper-burning had to have started sometime between, say, 11:15 (depending on when he actually left her, how far away the firepit was, and whether there was already a fire going) and whenever they exchanged their last text-text before the final picture-text, which was sent no later than 12:45.

Presumably the cops have ascertained whether or not he was actually with the friends he said he was with that night, and whether there was actually a fire. But it still seems strange.

Has it been said what her and her fathers relationship was like . Im not suggesting anything here but iam just curious cause if the bf is telling the truth then when he left she was alone and her father woulda been getting home . I wonder if the father was a big drinker he coulda came home and maybe a argument esculated and she got hurt and he panicked and got rid of the body .. Just a thought.

I believe her father had already moved with his girlfriend although he might not have gotten all of his things out of the apartment yet.

If you think so, you should probably send in the tip...can't hurt.

Is this true . Are the R,S,0's not supposed to be allowed on facebook as in a law or are you just saying this as your oppinion . I had never heard of this before . Mind you even if it was a law its not like face book requires a finger print to join so how would you ever know .

Yes according to the weather history, it did start to rain at 11:17pm and there was rain and thunderstorms by 11:28pm. I wonder what time the burning of the documents took place. Wouldn't that be difficult to do during a thunderstorm?

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

ETA: It had stopped raining by 12:53am however according to the weather history

lol!! GMTA. I just spent all that time researching and writing my post, and then hit refresh and saw this. :)

According to Ohio registry, there are 10 RSO's within a mile of KM's house. There are 76 within her zip code,,
and yes pretty sure I found the RSO in question, that has posted on a find KM page....
AND why does he have an FB page??? Isn't that a no no for RSO's??

and what is weird I saw the same guy the other night looking at some page, hmmm
I will post more as soon as I can try to establish any contact KM may have had with him, if he is a POI

I AM SO SORRy I tried to quote this- from Inch High-

Is this true like a law that RSO's are not allowed to have a FB page..

I think her dad had an alibi - was at the home of his girlfriend, I think.

If Katelyn had this wide circle of friends, I wonder when she just suddenly stopped texting anyone altogether (with the exception of JC).

Since the detectives don't have her phone is there any way they can retrieve her text messages? Sorry, but I'm very tech. challenged.

Is this true . Are the R,S,0's not supposed to be allowed on facebook as in a law or are you just saying this as your oppinion . I had never heard of this before . Mind you even if it was a law its not like face book requires a finger print to join so how would you ever know .

I don't know if there is a law but FB kicks them off when they find out about them.

That's really important information, schoolgirl! I wonder where JC's friend lives and whether or not it was raining in that area on the night in question!

he delivers pizza so I'm pretty sure not too early and yes he would drive right by her apartment when leaving the neighborhood UNLESS he stayed at his friend's after his midnight burning session....

If he delivers pizza and is driving around Fairfield, and he is really worried about her... seems like he could he have swung by to check on her much sooner. I dunno.

I think her dad had an alibi - was at the home of his girlfriend, I think.

If Katelyn had this wide circle of friends, I wonder when she just suddenly stopped texting anyone altogether (with the exception of JC).

Since the detectives don't have her phone is there any way they can retrieve her text messages? Sorry, but I'm very tech. challenged.

No. The cell companies only keep them for 48 hours then they are deleted. They don't store them. They store them just long enough in case they have an outage or problem with their service.

That's really important information, schoolgirl! I wonder where JC's friend lives and whether or not it was raining in that area on the night in question!

It had to have been reasonably nearby, if he was still texting Katelyn while he was burning the papers, as he indicated. Her phone was turned off within an hour and a half of him leaving her place.

No. The cell companies only keep them for 48 hours then they are deleted. They don't store them. They store them just long enough in case they have an outage or problem with their service.

Then again, if her texts were accessible for 48 hours and LE got a warrant fast enough... that would have given them through Monday night to read the ones from Saturday night... but maybe it didn't seem urgent enough that early on.

Then again, if her texts were accessible for 48 hours and LE got a warrant fast enough... that would have given them through Monday night to read the ones from Saturday night... but maybe it didn't seem urgent enough that early on.

I hope they did! I wonder if they have looked at JC's text messages? If he answered her's they would be on it too.

That can differ with different companies I think.

But more importantly don't they keep the ping records longer?

Ping records for those who don't know are where the cell phone "pings" the cell tower at different times. And because of people moving around, the phone may ping on different towers. The more towers it pings, the closer that LE can pinpoint the phone's location.

So if she was texting from home, the phone should be pinging on the towers around her home. If he was texting the phone should ping on the towers around his location.

One thing I am not clear about with the phones, I know they ping when sending or recieving texts or calls. But don't they also ping at regular intervals even when the phone is on but isn't in use? Like for time sync and etc?

that's my understanding, mysteriew. I've read about many cases of missing individuals whose cell phones continued to "ping" until the battery died even though the phone wasn't being used, per se.

that's so upsetting about the possibility of not being able to garner any information from her phone. no wonder the phone is missing! hopefully they were able to retrieve information from her computer!

That can differ with different companies I think.

But more importantly don't they keep the ping records longer?

Ping records for those who don't know are where the cell phone "pings" the cell tower at different times. And because of people moving around, the phone may ping on different towers. The more towers it pings, the closer that LE can pinpoint the phone's location.

So if she was texting from home, the phone should be pinging on the towers around her home. If he was texting the phone should ping on the towers around his location.

One thing I am not clear about with the phones, I know they ping when sending or recieving texts or calls. But don't they also ping at regular intervals even when the phone is on but isn't in use? Like for time sync and etc?

I believe you are correct about the pings. Cell companies do keep those records. As long as they are on they do collect information.

Is this true like a law that RSO's are not allowed to have a FB page..

I worked for Adult Probation (10 years ago), so I called a friend and asked, RSO not allowed on any social networks, not even dating sites. FB, myspace, any dating sites....It is court ordered as terms of probation and parole!

I think one of the things that is going to be confusing on this is how close his house is to her apartment, remember his house is only .2 miles from her apartment so I'm sure they would ping off the same tower if he claims he is at home or at her apartment the pings would be the same BUT could sure make a big difference.

If this is true, How in Caylee Anthonys case did they get all of the texts 30 or more days later?

And in Kyron Hormans Case TH texts Messages up until 15 days later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez