OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when he left for work he would have drive right by her apartment why not check to see if her car was there or not.....just doesn't add up!!!!!!!!!!

So her apartment is on the route between his home and his workplace? Does anyone know what time he went in to work on Sunday?

Yes, people that live in these townhomes definitely go in and out through the back doors from the rear parking lot the majority of the time. People rarely park in the front on the street from what I've noticed.

Thanks ConcernedOhio...so I suppose it's pretty open access back there to anyone?

This is the only other possibility I see in this case. As has been stated earlier, she could have gone out the back door of the unit for some reason, perhaps for a smoke, carrying her phone, and have met with foul play then. Since the festival was ending around midnight, it is possible that there were people out and about in the area.

So her apartment is on the route between his home and his workplace? Does anyone know what time he went in to work on Sunday?

he delivers pizza so I'm pretty sure not too early and yes he would drive right by her apartment when leaving the neighborhood UNLESS he stayed at his friend's after his midnight burning session....

Thanks ConcernedOhio...so I suppose it's pretty open access back there to anyone?

This is the only other possibility I see in this case. As has been stated earlier, she could have gone out the back door of the unit for some reason, perhaps for a smoke, carrying her phone, and have met with foul play then. Since the festival was ending around midnight, it is possible that there were people out and about in the area.

I am trying to verify the weather husband remembers bad weather that night, the townhouses back up to a yard I believe, there is only access to the parking lot from one side it's not a drive thru and I don't think it can be seen from the main road but I'll drive down there tomorrow and check, her apartment is in the middle of the row so someone would have to be strolling thru the parking lot I believe to see her (I don't think she could be seen from either street)

No ashtrays visible @ this time, but could have been taken as evidence if Police found any. Will try to take more pics @ a later time.......neighbors not too friendly at the moment.

oh poo...I had to work evening shift and missed Nancy Grace. Thanks for the grand update on this discussion board because you certainly brought me up to speed.

hello to all the posters from cincinnati. I live in Kenwood.

Can someone answer me this....particularly those who know someone in law enforcement. Can the detectives tell a potential suspect that they passed a polygraph when they have actually failed it?

NG discussing how delay in picture message being sent doesn't make sense

phone cut off : 12:45am

Message received: 12:52am

I've had many, many, messages and pictures delayed. Some as long a several hours!

Do people live in the other part of the house/shared wall and were they home that night? I can't see someone simply picking her up silently and making away with her, if she had been outside for some reason...surely she would scream, fight, something...

I have no opinion on the BF at this time...other than am baffled by both some of his seeming contradictions as well as his not going over there far earlier in the day if he was worried...I wish her father would speak out, the BF is not doing himself any favors, although if he is innocent he is very brave to carry on this way...I'll give him that.

I am trying to verify the weather husband remembers bad weather that night, the townhouses back up to a yard I believe, there is only access to the parking lot from one side it's not a drive thru and I don't think it can be seen from the main road but I'll drive down there tomorrow and check, her apartment is in the middle of the row so someone would have to be strolling thru the parking lot I believe to see her (I don't think she could be seen from either street)

Yes according to the weather history, it did start to rain at 11:17pm and there was rain and thunderstorms by 11:28pm. I wonder what time the burning of the documents took place. Wouldn't that be difficult to do during a thunderstorm?

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

ETA: It had stopped raining by 12:53am however according to the weather history

The parking lot is small and only one entrance/exit. There are 2 sets of buildings.....each set containing 4 townhouses. Katelyn's is in the first set further away from the entrance of parking lot. If someone drove to her house and parked in the back, they would also have to pass 6-7 other units by car. Unless, the person just walked up to the back and grabbed her.

The parking lot is small and only one entrance/exit. There are 2 sets of buildings.....each set containing 4 townhouses. Katelyn's is in the first set further away from the entrance of parking lot. If someone drove to her house and parked in the back, they would also have to pass 6-7 other units by car. Unless, the person just walked up to the back and grabbed her.

I can't see it, unless she knew the person and did not scream...Holly Bobo apparently got a scream off at some point, alerting a neighbot (not that it helped her...) and that was in the morning. At midnight or after, a scream should have attracted lots of attention, not to mention some sign of a struggle, even if just in the grass, or something dropped, a car pulling away in a hurry...if someone walked up and grabbed her, as you say, wouldn't they have to pull, carry, drag her back past those units to get to a car? Or the other way, still winding up with her out in the street?

if they walked up and grabbed her they would have a good distance to "walk" her to a vehicle if they weren't parked in the parking lot

oh poo...I had to work evening shift and missed Nancy Grace. Thanks for the grand update on this discussion board because you certainly brought me up to speed.

hello to all the posters from cincinnati. I live in Kenwood.

Can someone answer me this....particularly those who know someone in law enforcement. Can the detectives tell a potential suspect that they passed a polygraph when they have actually failed it?

I asked 2 friends tonight who are police officers and they say that yes they can I am not sure but that's what they said, it was my first thought. His supporters claimed the other day he took 3 but he only made it sound like he took one and he said it was 2 days after she went missing. I don't understand why our Chief said he hadn't taken one. My friend said how do we know he took a test from the police, she mentioned he could have taken one independently to "see" what his results would be.....

I asked 2 friends tonight who are police officers and they say that yes they can I am not sure but that's what they said, it was my first thought. His supporters claimed the other day he took 3 but he only made it sound like he took one and he said it was 2 days after she went missing. I don't understand why our Chief said he hadn't taken one. My friend said how do we know he took a test from the police, she mentioned he could have taken one independently to "see" what his results would be.....

I wonder why his supporters would think it was a good thing, if he did take three...? Multiple tests usually indicates a problem.

According to Ohio registry, there are 10 RSO's within a mile of KM's house. There are 76 within her zip code,,
and yes pretty sure I found the RSO in question, that has posted on a find KM page....
AND why does he have an FB page??? Isn't that a no no for RSO's??

and what is weird I saw the same guy the other night looking at some page, hmmm
I will post more as soon as I can try to establish any contact KM may have had with him, if he is a POI

I AM SO SORRy I tried to quote this- from Inch High-

WOW! Check out the post by KS at 4:19 ET on the FB page! She suggests that they check out the SOs that attend Katelyn's school. Goes into a few more details but she did not want to disclose too much on FB (understandably) She has called Crimestoppers with the tip.

She may have really uncovered something here!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Bring-Katelyn-Markham-Home/177646608973942

According to Ohio registry, there are 10 RSO's within a mile of KM's house. There are 76 within her zip code,,
and yes pretty sure I found the RSO in question, that has posted on a find KM page....
AND why does he have an FB page??? Isn't that a no no for RSO's??

and what is weird I saw the same guy the other night looking at some page, hmmm

If you think so, you should probably send in the tip...can't hurt.

Should B Working,

wow. Thanks so much for that info. on the polygraph. I thought the cops could lead you to believe that you passed a polygraph when you have actually failed it.

What do your law enforcement friends think of this case? I'd love to know!

if they walked up and grabbed her they would have a good distance to "walk" her to a vehicle if they weren't parked in the parking lot

I might be wrong but I thought the earlier pictures showed trees behind her townhouse.

If you think so, you should probably send in the tip...can't hurt.

I am sorry- see what I added to my post= I was following what was posted on FB ....hopefully that person on FB called the tips in, they said they did

Has it been said what her and her fathers relationship was like . Im not suggesting anything here but iam just curious cause if the bf is telling the truth then when he left she was alone and her father woulda been getting home . I wonder if the father was a big drinker he coulda came home and maybe a argument esculated and she got hurt and he panicked and got rid of the body .. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke