OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The handle that talks of wicca peeps has been harassing that page for days now and uses the same last name as Katelyn's. Noone seems to know who it is but they are trying to delete him (or her). This handle (Drew) has made several stupid remarks and is an obvious troll. I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

The handle that talks of wicca peeps has been harassing that page for days now and uses the same last name as Katelyn's. Noone seems to know who it is but they are trying to delete him (or her). This handle (Drew) has made several stupid remarks and is an obvious troll. I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I saw that, Drews facebook page is open to public. He is local to Ohio. Im not sure why he keeps saying he is a crime fighter, cant figure him out, but he brings up good questions and he is the one that said they are Wicca peeps and actually called them vampires. There are other comments on there from a lady who defends wica, close friend of the family, and says she is somewhat of an expert (Im paraphrasing), so the wicca connection is true.

On one of the FB pages, one person is saying that the photo sent to JC was a part of the conversation between he and Katelyn and that she sent it in response to something they were discussing...of course, do not know if this is true...FWIW

From the link ShouldBworking posted-http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilton-news/authorities-searching-for-missing-woman-prepare-for-worst-case-scenario-1237093.html

"When asked if Carter was a person of interest in the disappearance, Dickey said “As far as we’re concerned, anyone who has had contact with her is a person of interest, and we’re going to continue to operate in that vain.” '

WELL- that is quite a list then , isn't it?? So everyone is a possibility?

DianaElaine - your list is fine according to this :) as I understand the rule here...
the Chief said it!!!
anyone who has had contact with her is a person of interest

that's a lot of POI's

Whoever (media person) picked up the quote from Dickey, from above post...it should be "vein" not "vain"...good grief...

If the FB page was created by a family member or close friends of JC, I'm not surprised they delete any derogative discussions about him. Where are Katelyn's family and friends?

I hear from some "locals" that her parents divorce had been extremely tough on her and that she was estranged from her mom, was very depressed when the sister moved in with her mom, the dad was moving in with a girlfriend. I am starting to think this girl didn't really have anyone "looking out for her" other then JC and his family. I hear her dad is a great person and has decided just not to get involved "with the circus the media can turn out to be", probably not the stance I would take if my 22 year old daughter was missing but sounds pretty passive from what I hear and JC and his mother have just "taken over".

I hear from some "locals" that her parents divorce had been extremely tough on her and that she was estranged from her mom, was very depressed when the sister moved in with her mom, the dad was moving in with a girlfriend. I am starting to think this girl didn't really have anyone "looking out for her" other then JC and his family. I hear her dad is a great person and has decided just not to get involved "with the circus the media can turn out to be", probably not the stance I would take if my 22 year old daughter was missing but sounds pretty passive from what I hear and JC and his mother have just "taken over".

Good info..have the locals said anything about which of them are Wiccans?

Yeah, I saw that, Drews facebook page is open to public. He is local to Ohio. Im not sure why he keeps saying he is a crime fighter, cant figure him out, but he brings up good questions and he is the one that said they are Wicca peeps and actually called them vampires. There are other comments on there from a lady who defends wica, close friend of the family, and says she is somewhat of an expert (Im paraphrasing), so the wicca connection is true.

Regarding Vampires-

Someone on one of the FB pointed out that there was a person posting on another FB that is a RSO, is also affiliated with KM's Art Institute...this person was supposedly reporting this it LE, FWIW

this is what is linked to on his FB page- yes he is RSO and has one,go figure
http://vampirefreaks.com/PyroGoth

so yes there are people around there into 'vampires'

ETA- I have seen on one of KM's sites/blogs, that under religion she is agnostic, and so are some friends- not sure if that fits in with Wicca- just trying to find any common links that might tie into what happened to her

Here is something interesting..the wiccans use ceremonial ash for many of their rituals. how do you make ash? burn paper! That could be why they burn their papers and why Katelyn said she wishes she was there.

http://www.witchway.net/ritual/ceremash.html

Im just brainstorming..not accusing

About a week or so ago I found posts that inferred that JC and friends were part of a satanic group....maybe it was wiccan that the posters were referring to. The full moon is important time for rituals. Would make sense why the papers had to be burned that night otherwise they would have had to wait another month. Maybe she believed in the theory that she needed to burn bad things...maybe clearing out her life of the negative things, especially when she had so much on her plate.

Good info..have the locals said anything about which of them are Wiccans?

I would be surprised if she is a Wiccan because one of the people very involved in the FB page and news coverage is a friend of a friend and a very devote Christian but could be. I will ask around.

I believe it's the second news interview he says "I never wanted it to go this far".......Creepy!

Swell. Another tragedy where people are digging up "satanic ritual" and wiccan rumors. Count me out. A woman is missing, lured or taken from her apartment late at night. Let's get real here.

Swell. Another tragedy where people are digging up "satanic ritual" and wiccan rumors. Count me out. A woman is missing, lured or taken from her apartment late at night. Let's get real here.

I thought lured in the beginning BUT don't you think phone records etc. would show that!!!

ShouldBworking- lots of people lead double lives- for lack of a better term. In the pew on Sunday, in the bars or doing odd the rest of the week LOL
Some people have 2 sets of friends..I know I did at that age :)
SO some of the people around KM's life may have no clue about the other people around her

just saying

Another FB page, someone said JC was at the search yesterday but did not search, instead "sat with his back toward everyone", whatever that means.

Also says that the phone found is red, which is like Katelyn's, supposedly...

ETA: another person says he was at a search earlier in the week, but left because "his feet hurt."

IIRC.....Wiccan and devil worship have no relationship at all.....SATAN is a part of Christian religion.....since the practice of Wicca is not part of Christianity, neither is the devil a factor in their worship/ceremonies/ whatever.....

jmoo

The event facebook page is now deleted. BUT..there was a friend and searcher that admitted to the Wiccan connection. She defended their wiccan rituals as not violent or dangerous. So its not just made up out of thin air. Could be a connection, could not, but its definitely a fascinating aspect.
If I were to go missing, Im quite sure there would be no one on my facebook page defending our wiccan rituals,,,,just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila