OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC.....Wiccan and devil worship have no relationship at all.....SATAN is a part of Christian religion.....since the practice of Wicca is not part of Christianity, neither is the devil a factor in their worship/ceremonies/ whatever.....

jmoo

Yes, it does not look like Wiccans are satinists, just some sort of witchcraft, ritual believers.
Rituals with ceremonial ash and candles for things like.................good fortune and getting a good parking space. Harmless really. Im not saying they are sacrificing people, just an odd connection.

Swell. Another tragedy where people are digging up "satanic ritual" and wiccan rumors. Count me out. A woman is missing, lured or taken from her apartment late at night. Let's get real here.

Sorry to have bothered you with my post....

I just viewed the video here:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html

John Carter: "[The dog] was in her room, and honestly he went to the bathroom in the room, and you could tell it'd been there for a while. So I knew she hadn't been in her room for a while. And that freaked me out. So I immediately called friends, family, police..."

Only he didn't immediately call police, if he was honest in his 911 call. He had to have left her apartment and gone somewhere; then he called 911 only when he was on his way back to her apartment, after who knows how much time had passed.

He said in the video it was about 7 or 7:30 when he went to her apartment, about the time he expected her home from work. In the 911 call, however, he says he was freaked out that her car was there because she was supposed to be at work! As someone else pointed out on this board - which is it? Did he expect her to be home, or he was 'freaked out' that her car was there because she wasn't supposed to be home? He can't have it both ways.

Presumably a while later is when he called police, since he didn't call them right away after seeing her apartment (again, for his 911 call to make any sense, he had to have left and come back). Yet it was posted in this forum that his 911 call was at 5:58 pm! What's the source of that time?

The information he's giving just makes no sense and isn't consistent.

I went back a ways to look at this post and the video in it. Mainly I wanted to see if he actually says he burned the papers Katelyn gave him, because it seemed as if he said she gave him the papers but then he said he was just hanging out with friends after he left her: http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html

However I think he does say he texted her to say he burned the papers.

Did anyone else notice that he is wearing an engagement ring--I've heard them called "Man-gagement rings" ?

He seems almost obsessed with her--not necessarily a bad thing, just that he's really into her. It seems like he's her slave, too.

If he was texting and calling and really all that worried--good grief, he lives less than half a mile away, and they are so attached to each other, why didn't he just drop by before 7 p.m., or as someone else mentioned, just call David's Bridal to see if she was working that day.

Also, why does he say, when he finally did go to check, her car was STILL there--that implies she never left home. How does he know she never left, especially if this was around the time he expected her home from work anyway?

What sort of got me wondering about him again was the recent post that someone noticed him acting weird at the search, and then leaving because "his feet hurt". I've noticed when he is talking you never really see his eyes, but maybe it's because of the glasses...I don't know...

Swell. Another tragedy where people are digging up "satanic ritual" and wiccan rumors. Count me out. A woman is missing, lured or taken from her apartment late at night. Let's get real here.

While I appreciate that you might not want to explore alternative theories -- here at WS we respectfully scroll or disagree but we don't attack like they do on facebook or other sites. I don't think you meant to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think you might have.

That said, and being ignorant of Wiccan ways - do we have anything (diary entries, etc) to support Katelyn being or exploring Wiccan or followers of such? I saw the censored facebook has been deleting many posts alluding to Wiccan/Satanionic - so why?

Now, everyone get in a circle, hold hands and lets get this done and find her! (Please and JMHO)

No, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I come to WS for rational case exploring. When I find out that a number of people are seriously leading literal witch hunts it depresses me, but after reading your post I can respect that. It might be an angle that I personally find ridiculous, but those people are entitled to that position and who knows...they might in fact be right. Coming away from the West Memphis 3 case it just seriously depressed me.

The details provided about Carter's behavior at the search seem very telling. I didn't want to suspect him at first because he was so forthcoming with media and police but at this point it seems a bit overboard.

No, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I come to WS for rational case exploring. When I find out that a number of people are seriously leading literal witch hunts it depresses me, but after reading your post I can respect that. It might be an angle that I personally find ridiculous, but those people are entitled to that position and who knows...they might in fact be right. Coming away from the West Memphis 3 case it just seriously depressed me.

The details provided about Carter's behavior at the search seem very telling. I didn't want to suspect him at first because he was so forthcoming with media and police but at this point it seems a bit overboard.

Still not sure what I believe BUT I remember Scott Peterson being very forthcoming.....

After typing up my list of facts & statements, one thing jumped out at me. In fact I jumped out of my chair and ran around a little when I made the connection. Oh how I love logic.

One of the things we've all been wondering (which LE probably knows, but we don't) is whether JC called her workplace when worried about her on Sunday.

Logically, the answer must be NO, he did not. And I find that strange.

I say this because if he'd called David's Bridal (which closes at 6) or one of KM's co-workers at any point that day, he would have learned she didn't show up for work at all, and he would have been alarmed about her well-being sooner than 7 or 7:30! And surely he would have gone to her home earlier than that.

He consistently says that his "oh my god, something's wrong" moment was when he saw her car parked at her home. The reason he always gives for his sudden fear is that she and her car were supposed to be at work.

This, in itself, is another indicator he didn't call her workplace or any co-workers whose phone numbers he had. Because if he'd called, he would have known she hadn't gone to work BEFORE he drove up and saw her car. His "oh my god" moment would have been when someone told him over the phone that she hadn't shown up to work! But that's not his story. Ever.

Before asking my manager for permission to leave work and look for a non-responsive loved one, I would most certainly try their workplace directly. Who wouldn't?

IIRC.....Wiccan and devil worship have no relationship at all.....SATAN is a part of Christian religion.....since the practice of Wicca is not part of Christianity, neither is the devil a factor in their worship/ceremonies/ whatever.....

jmoo

O.T.
Anyone who professes to be Wiccan and in the same breath speaks of doing evil to another living thing, is not Wiccan.
"An ye harm none" is part of the Wiccan Rede....the Wiccan 'law' if you will.

"Bide the Wiccan law ye must, in perfect love and perfect trust; Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: 'An ye harm none, do as ye will;' Lest in self-defense it be, ever mind the rule of three; Follow this with mind and heart; And merry ye meet and merry ye part."

I hope anyone that is not familiar with Wicca, Pagan, etc. takes the time to read a bit at the below links......sometimes we fear what we don't understand. :)
http://www.religioustolerance.org/wicrede.htm

Here's another from the same site:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/paganism.htm

You mentioned a little while ago that you typed up a transcript of JC's 911 call; would you mind posting that?

Certainly.

John Carter: Hi, my name is John Carter, I am calling - I know that you're not supposed to report a missing person after - before 24 hours, but my fiancee is missing, I can't find her anywhere.

911 Dispatcher: Okay, where'd you see her last?

J: Um, I saw her at like 12 o' clock last night. She stays in a house by herself, um, so, she - I'm just, I'm really nervous. Her car's still there, her purse is still -

D: Is there an address?

J: Yeah, 5214 Dorshire Drive.

D: 5214?

J: Dorshire, yes.

D: Okay. And you're out there now?

J: Um, I'm heading out there now, I, like, have been trying to get ahold of her and I decided to go by her house to see if she's okay, and her car's still there - she would be at work right now with her car. Which is why I'm like really freaking out.

D: What's her name?

J: Katelyn Helene Markham.

D: Have you called the hospitals or jails or anything?

J: Um -

D: Where was she at midnight last night when you last saw her?

J: She was at her house. She was going to bed. She wasn't going out to do anything, so she would've been in her bed. And I mean, I've been with her for 6 years - she's NOT deceiving, you know, she doesn't -

D: Okay, and you guys didn't have an argument or anything?

J: Not at all.

D: Okay. Is she on any medications or anything?

J: Not at all.

D: Has she had thoughts of suicide or anything like that?

J: No. Never. I... never.

D: All right. And have you talked to her mom or anybody like that, to see if maybe she's out shopping, or - ?

J: I called her father. The only thing that's not there is her cell phone, which is positive, but she's not answering it. So... and the Sacred Heart Festival is going on right up the street, and there's a lot of questionable people there, and it's just kind of - [he stops himself]. I'm sorry.

D: Okay, well, we'll go ahead and have somebody meet you there. What kind of vehicle are you going to be in?

J: A 2008 Ford Focus. It's red.

D: Okay, we'll have somebody come out and speak with you, okay?

J: Okay, thank you.

D: Mmmhmm. Bye.

J: Okay. Bye.

After typing up my list of facts & statements, one thing jumped out at me. In fact I jumped out of my chair and ran around a little when I made the connection. Oh how I love logic.

One of the things we've all been wondering (which LE probably knows, but we don't) is whether JC called her workplace when worried about her on Sunday.

Logically, the answer must be NO, he did not. And I find that strange.

I say this because if he'd called David's Bridal (which closes at 6) or one of KM's co-workers at any point that day, he would have learned she didn't show up for work at all, and he would have been alarmed about her well-being sooner than 7 or 7:30! And surely he would have gone to her home earlier than that.

He consistently says that his "oh my god, something's wrong" moment was when he saw her car parked at her home. The reason he always gives for his sudden fear is that she and her car were supposed to be at work.

This, in itself, is another indicator he didn't call her workplace or any co-workers whose phone numbers he had. Because if he'd called, he would have known she hadn't gone to work BEFORE he drove up and saw her car. His "oh my god" moment would have been when someone told him over the phone that she hadn't shown up to work! But that's not his story. Ever.

Before asking my manager for permission to leave work and look for a non-responsive loved one, I would most certainly try their workplace directly. Who wouldn't?

I SO AGREE! My daughter is 24 and several times she has ignored my calls and text and before driving to her home I call her work place and when she answers I say, "You crazy girl I was worried." Her reply is ALWAYS, "Mom why do I go from alive and well to DEAD when I don't reply to text or calls from you." I have said from the minute I heard him DAY 1, I feel he didn't call her work because then someone other then him was going to be in charge of "the day". I have a team of employees, if one of their loved ones called me and they were unaccounted for I would be pulling their file and calling emergency contact etc. JC wanted to stall the "search" and the police for as long as he could IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy