OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I agree with this! I'm a guy and have been on the recieving end of this..... sent packing but "wish I could be there". Okay but now I'm even more confused, heres why.... when he left did he have to call his friend and say "hey, you still up? I'm gonna stop by, burn some documents, hang out, then watch t.v.?" or was he already expected to show up? If I recall (and my facts could be off...) he only left because she was tired, so was it a spur of the moment meeting with his friend or planned?

Remember being young? Lmao. there was always a group hanging out at someones apartment that was always there!! Especially if they kept the same hours as YOU. No going out. Smoking pot, playing video games, watching TV and chilling....
PLUS if my "pulled out of my hat" theory is correct that maybe he was dabbling in dealing, maybe they were expecting him.... you know, to burn some papers.

there is no telling who these 'friends' on FB are, popping out of the woodwork, saying yeah I was there, he was there,etc.
I won't believe it unless or until LE gives a statement saying so...

color me pessimist...
am not necessarily 100% with JC being the main POI though

True, I know they are friends with KM and JC so... I kinda believe them

I hope so too. LOTS of people on his and her profile mentioned something about weed. Even if their profile was private and all I could see was their interests... something to do with weed.
The band sublime? OMG.. totally popular with all the skateboarders surfers and potheads. Their album art, their t-shirts all advocate weed and unfortunately, their lead singer died of a heroin overdose (weed is just a gateway drug, my friends) Sublimeapc was John's e-mail address. But, then again, I saw sublime in concert and I hate hate hate weed. Not the friends I knew that planned the trip though!
Sorry, but delivery boy at papa johns is the perfect cover. My cousin was addicted to cocaine years ago and she got eight balls from the chinese delivery guy! (true story)
If he was dealing (moo) he would never had wanted the police to know he was remotely involved with weed. Nevermind arrest on a misdemeanor.. repercussions from HIS supplier!

:( I liked sublime. I was only in grade school and I've never even tried pot. lol

Although I am leaning towards your theory of dealing. I have so many friends, past and present, that smoke pot so I don't know if I would lump them all into the "criminal" category even if what they are doing is illegal. But I don't believe I've ever known a dealer though.....Good to know where people buy from these days though.

Did anyone record Fox 19 tonight? I forgot - wondering if the interview with JC was on it.
THANKS - if so, please upload to youtube or give us the rundown!

I am kind of leaning towards KM possibly having a secret friendship happening. I think she was wanting space from JC. I think her whole ' i am so tired' excuse was just that--an excuse to get some private time. I think it is possible that she was planning to meet up w/someone else that night. Maybe he did come over, and said let's go for a ride. But perhaps she did not want to take the relationship to the same level he did. She may have gotten in over her head. And since he knew she was seeing him secretly, he felt safe assaulting her and disposing of her. :mad:

Here is my "best case" scenario:

She planned to run away with someone (probably a guy she was seeing secretly). Maybe she was still behind on her senior project and was not going to finish in time to graduate, and was running from that as well as from being engaged to her high school sweetheart and moving to Colorado. She spent the evening with JC as JC tells it, and asked him to burn some papers for her that for whatever reason she did not want anyone to find after she left. He leaves her apartment, goes to his friends house and burns the papers as he describes. She sends him a picture of herself because she feels guilty about leaving him, kind of as a "goodbye" or a way to remember her. Then this person comes and picks her up, she does not take her purse with her because she does not need any money or her ID, and this person will pay for everything so as not to leave a way to track her. She leaves her keys because she does not need them. (She could have locked the door when she left if she wanted to, we don't know if it was even locked or not.) She thought her dad would be home in the morning, so she left her dog in her room so he would have more space than the bathroom and she did not really care if he messed on the floor since she wasn't going to be there. She did take her phone because she wanted to have her contacts in case she decided to call home at some point, but she took the battery out so that she could not be traced. Then she left.

Is this possible?

Someone mentioned that one of JC's friends called TM was bad news.

I could believe that- a hit is just the sort of thing they would pull. Our neighbor's son is actually under investigation because some girl at a local school wouldn't go out with him, so he supposedly had his buddies beat the living **** out of some of her male friends.

Altho if JC was a dealer, I'd think KM would know how to handle herself around that type, probably having met them before?

the tone has changed so much on the FB pages I think his family is starting to see the sinking sheet, I will be searching tomorrow....still praying for her and her family....so sad

Thank you for searching and good luck. I wish I could be there but I can not however my thoughts and prayers will be with you and the rest of the searchers. Hope the weather isn't too hot. Bring plenty of water! And if you're a hugger will you give her dad a big ol' hug for me? He seems like such a good person, my heart is just breaking for him.

I hope so too. LOTS of people on his and her profile mentioned something about weed. Even if their profile was private and all I could see was their interests... something to do with weed.
The band sublime? OMG.. totally popular with all the skateboarders surfers and potheads. Their album art, their t-shirts all advocate weed and unfortunately, their lead singer died of a heroin overdose (weed is just a gateway drug, my friends) Sublimeapc was John's e-mail address. But, then again, I saw sublime in concert and I hate hate hate weed. Not the friends I knew that planned the trip though!
Sorry, but delivery boy at papa johns is the perfect cover. My cousin was addicted to cocaine years ago and she got eight balls from the chinese delivery guy! (true story)
If he was dealing (moo) he would never had wanted the police to know he was remotely involved with weed. Nevermind arrest on a misdemeanor.. repercussions from HIS supplier!

Wow that's scary.

She planned to run away with someone (probably a guy she was seeing secretly). Maybe she was still behind on her senior project and was not going to finish in time to graduate, and was running from that as well as from being engaged to her high school sweetheart and moving to Colorado. She spent the evening with JC as JC tells it, and asked him to burn some papers for her that for whatever reason she did not want anyone to find after she left. He leaves her apartment, goes to his friends house and burns the papers as he describes. She sends him a picture of herself because she feels guilty about leaving him, kind of as a "goodbye" or a way to remember her. Then this person comes and picks her up, she does not take her purse with her because she does not need any money or her ID, and this person will pay for everything so as not to leave a way to track her. She leaves her keys because she does not need them. (She could have locked the door when she left if she wanted to, we don't know if it was even locked or not.) She thought her dad would be home in the morning, so she left her dog in her room so he would have more space than the bathroom and she did not really care if he messed on the floor since she wasn't going to be there. She did take her phone because she wanted to have her contacts in case she decided to call home at some point, but she took the battery out so that she could not be traced. Then she left.

Is this possible?

If she was a dog lover she'd probably want to take the dog with her....and wouldn't they be able to trace her phone when she turned it back on (assuming it was still in the window that people were looking in)?

Did anyone record Fox 19 tonight? I forgot - wondering if the interview with JC was on it.
THANKS - if so, please upload to youtube or give us the rundown!

Does it repeat at 10:30? If so I'm watching now...nothing yet.

ETA: Sorry I don't watch this news a lot. I see now it runs from 10-10:45. At 10:30 it looked like a new newcast was starting and I got a bit confused.

Thanks for posting this SBW! This evoked a very loud sigh from me. I'm tired of the ever changing story from these people and what seems to me like an effort to "cover up." He could be innocent for all I know but of this fluidity in the "story" is not helping matters much at all. I mean...who else do we know that, when caught in a lie, just changed the story a bit.:waitasec: Yes I'm jaded and cynical, I guess.

First he burns the docs at his friend's house then his sister tries to claim he burnt them at home then the story goes back to friend's house and seems to have remained the final version. Except for now it seems to be 6 friends.

Polygraph:. First he's taken and passed one. Then it turns into three (I guess maybe that's supposed to make it more believable?) Then he supposedly tells friends he doesn't think he passed but they're still screaming to anyone on FB who will listen that he passed. NG asked him if he's had a polygraph: Yes NG asks him if he's had a polygraph: No Ooops now it's not a polygraph it's some voice recognition thingiemajig. Hmmm people don't sound like they're buying this....HEY Now our story is he may have not done so well because they asked trick questions. Those dern cops always trying to trip folks up!

Feel free to add- I'm sure there are other examples but I can't think straight right now due to the head spinning that's happening about the above "story" :crosseyed:

MO and MOO and Moooooo! :cow:

Very well put

Yea somethings not right, we all feel it, but just can't figure it out.

Maybe his friends know he's dealing and they're first instinct is to protect.

It's make my head spin too. :innocent:

Does it repeat at 10:30? If so I'm watching now...nothing yet.

I don't think so and someone on facebook said they played the clip at 10. On the thread about his interview that was suppose to be on at 6. Grrrrrrrr - was out changing sprinkler and lost track of time.

Hope they upload it on their site!

I agree, the marijuana thing does make more sense, but you're right, why make up such a complicated and strange story to cover it? All he had to say was that she wanted to get ready for bed, and I headed over to a friend's house.

Why did JC's mother go to such lengths to flesh out the document-burning story, if it's just a reference to marijuana and/or a made up story?

JC's mother posted on Facebook on August 27th under a male name, presumably her husband's, identifying herself as John's mother and explaining that the document burning came about this way. Katelyn asked her how long she should keep old papers, and she told her based on the info in a financial magazine article. She said that because JC and KM didn't have a shredder, and often had people over for fires, they thought that was the best way to dispose of her documents.

It looks to me like either there were real documents - a "big old bag" of them, though all current papers are still in her apartment, both according to JC - which were burned (or not) in a friend's firepit which may (or may not) have been lit that rainy Saturday night... (the friends refuse to answer about the fire)... or JC's mother is covering for him by pretending there were.

Is this possible?

I see no reason it isn't possible. She may have taken her phone to protect her privacy even if she never intended to use it. Maybe she did not know that her texts could be pulled anyway (if they can) not to mention the number of the person she ran off with, in this scenario.

I don't think she did this, though, due to her dad mostly. But she may have gone out with this alleged person, just for a few hours or a few minutes, and something else happened. But I can't see her wanting to leave in a way that would have her loved ones eventually thinking she must be dead, as is happening now.

If she was a dog lover she'd probably want to take the dog with her....and wouldn't they be able to trace her phone when she turned it back on (assuming it was still in the window that people were looking in)?

It sounds like the dog might have belonged to her family (if it was staying with her mom at one point) so maybe she did not want to "steal" it away from them. And she would not turn the phone back on until she was ready to call/come home, at some point in the future. She was just not sure who she might want to call, so the easiest way to bring the numbers is just to bring the whole phone.

I agree she would have taken her dog. If it wasn't normal for the dog to be shut in the bedroom who has ideas why it would have been put there?

I see no reason it isn't possible. She may have taken her phone to protect her privacy even if she never intended to use it. Maybe she did not know that her texts could be pulled anyway (if they can) not to mention the number of the person she ran off with, in this scenario.

I don't think she did this, though, due to her dad mostly. But she may have gone out with this alleged person, just for a few hours or a few minutes, and something else happened. But I can't see her wanting to leave in a way that would have her loved ones eventually thinking she must be dead, as is happening now.

Good point about taking the phone for privacy.

It seems like her dad is the only(?) member of her family that is actually visibly looking for her. I get the impression she was not too close to her own family, except for maybe her dad. She may not have realized how much it would affect him. Maybe they did not get along that well either, after all they were moving out to separate houses.

I definitely know this is an unlikely scenario, but I think it is *possible*. While I do think JC is highly suspicious, I just don't see that he is (a) the type of person to commit a premeditated murder or to hold up so well if it was an unplanned one or (b) that he could actually cover up a murder so well. Stranger abduction is possible but also seems unlikely. I have been going over this runaway scenario in my head today and realizing that it actually could be possible.

Good point about taking the phone for privacy.

It seems like her dad is the only(?) member of her family that is actually visibly looking for her. I get the impression she was not too close to her own family, except for maybe her dad. She may not have realized how much it would affect him. Maybe they did not get along that well either, after all they were moving out to separate houses.

I definitely know this is an unlikely scenario, but I think it is *possible*. While I do think JC is highly suspicious, I just don't see that he is (a) the type of person to commit a premeditated murder or to hold up so well if it was an unplanned one or (b) that he could actually cover up a murder so well. Stranger abduction is possible but also seems unlikely. I have been going over this runaway scenario in my head today and realizing that it actually could be possible.

I also wonder if her birthfamily played a part in this mystery. Maybe she had found some of her birth family and wanted to go visit them, but did not want to tell her adoptive family. Maybe she just wanted to 'disappear' for awhile to sort these things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3