OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think stranger abduction seems to be the most unlikely scenario here, IMO. Almost anything seems more likely to me, from running away, to being harmed/killed by either JC or someone else she knew, to even harming herself for reasons unknown, although it seems she would have been found, in that last scenario.

Sounds like there were 6 people there Sat. night with John, police talked to all of them, if the FB post is true.

I don't know how I missed this - which FB account posted that he was with six friends?

I see no reason it isn't possible. She may have taken her phone to protect her privacy even if she never intended to use it. Maybe she did not know that her texts could be pulled anyway (if they can) not to mention the number of the person she ran off with, in this scenario.

I don't think she did this, though, due to her dad mostly. But she may have gone out with this alleged person, just for a few hours or a few minutes, and something else happened. But I can't see her wanting to leave in a way that would have her loved ones eventually thinking she must be dead, as is happening now.

Sorry I'm not buying it. Where might she have met a millionaire? Who leaves every single thing behind?
Nope I don't think so.

However the secert boyfriend is growing on me. She had been with Jc since whe was 15 or 16, she was used to his treating her like a Queen, when she said, "not tonight honey I got a headace," JC say's "OK I'll go burn some papers ":loser:

She could be thinking of romance like you see in the movies but this new guy had only one thing on his mind.
When she ask him to leave it could have gotten outta hand,
Or they may have taken a ride and that's when it got out of hand. :twocents:

I agree she would have taken her dog. If it wasn't normal for the dog to be shut in the bedroom who has ideas why it would have been put there?

I listed some reasons on the first page of the second thread. mainly if the person putting it away didn't know the dogs habits or it didn't trust the person who was putting it away and that was the room they were able to chase it into.

I thought I read that it was an in-family adoption, but I don't know where I saw that. There's a lot of confusion as to who is related to whom and how.

If he has six alibi witnesses, he still has plenty of time to kill Katelyn and dispose of her, but then the text messages from her phone are problematic.

Not necessarily. As I said earlier in my "if he did it" scenario...

He takes her phone with him to the friend's house. While there, he texts KM's phone and says the documents have been burned. Then he surreptitiously answers himself from KM's phone - perhaps while in the bathroom, or in the woods for a wee if the friend's place is rural, or even just while stepping away from the firepit.

In the dark, from a distance of a few feet, no one would notice he's not texting from his own phone - he'd just look like he was texting. He wouldn't even have to go out of sight. He could just wander around, near or far from the fire (if there was one), and slip each phone from his pocket as he needed it, thus appearing to be innocently texting.

After a couple texts back and forth, he looks through the pics stored on KM's phone and chooses one to send as the last text. Then he turns her phone off, and/or GPS off, and/or removes the battery. He then "receives" the pic on his own phone. Maybe he even shows her picture to a friend he's standing next to ("look what she sent me, doesn't she look pretty"), to establish with a witness that KM's in communication with him and they're not fighting.

After leaving the friend's, he easily disposes of her phone and the battery in any of a thousand possible places where it may never be found again.

OR...

OR...

Suppose cellphone records show the text conversation really did go back and forth between his location (assuming it was in the radius of a different cellphone tower) and Katelyn's townhome, then there are 3 options I can think of:

1) The texts really were from her, and harm came to her later that night.
2) JC had an accomplice at KM's location pretending to be her.
3) JC pre-scheduled some texts to send from her phone to his at certain set times, and then he left, and "got" the texts at the other location, answering them appropriately.

2 and 3 seem a bit convoluted, but they're possible.

I'm very very curious about what the "pinging" records say.

Wow, I agree with this! I'm a guy and have been on the recieving end of this..... sent packing but "wish I could be there". Okay but now I'm even more confused, heres why.... when he left did he have to call his friend and say "hey, you still up? I'm gonna stop by, burn some documents, hang out, then watch t.v.?" or was he already expected to show up? If I recall (and my facts could be off...) he only left because she was tired, so was it a spur of the moment meeting with his friend or planned?

I think the friends just hung out at the fire pit all the time. Same place as her birthday party. imo

Sorry I'm not buying it. Where might she have met a millionaire? Who leaves every single thing behind?
Nope I don't think so.

However the secert boyfriend is growing on me. She had been with Jc since whe was 15 or 16, she was used to his treating her like a Queen, when she said, "not tonight honey I got a headace," JC say's "OK I'll go burn some papers ":loser:

She could be thinking of romance like you see in the movies but this new guy had only one thing on his mind.
When she ask him to leave it could have gotten outta hand,
Or they may have taken a ride and that's when it got out of hand. :twocents:

In the second part of my post that you quoted, I wrote that maybe she had met someone and went out for a little while...so I am not saying I agree with the idea she meant to run off for good either.

Nope I don't think so.

It wouldn't have to be a millionaire... it doesn't seem like she would have had too much money to start with so no point in bringing her empty wallet/debit card along.

She could have packed up a few extra clothes. It seems like she had a pretty large wardrobe from her pictures (as opposed to JC who only ever appears wearing the same few shirts, even in OLD photos! LOL) She could have brought a few extras and her dad/JC may not even be able to remember what clothes she had in her closet. Maybe also why they don't know what she was wearing when she went missing.

In the second part of my post that you quoted, I wrote that maybe she had met someone and went out for a little while...so I am not saying I agree with the idea she meant to run off for good either.

OmGosh, my head is spinning, I hope I can sleep tonight.:banghead:

Yes, even if they are deleted the cell phone carrier has records that LE can retrieve.

Text messages are only kept at the most 14 days. If LE retrieved all of them within a certain time frame they are retrievable or if they were saved to a sim card in the phone. Otherwise, no.

I can see this too. Also, she may have been trying to get rid of JC all night, telling him she did not want to go meet with his parents and then, when he still did not leave, telling him she was going to bed.

If this is what happened though... it could have been anyone! :(

I think he was still trying to cover his a@@ with LE. He said it in his first interview ever so he had to keep up the false pretense. I think the "texts" were in code as most pot smokers do (420, etc. each clique creates their own. It's a bonding thing) He mentioned Burning paper and had to explain it to LE. MOO

I 100% agree with this scenario, and think it's really plausible. He's immediately using the texts to show the last time he spoke with her. Of course LE is going to ask to see those texts, and whoops! That whole convo about getting high as a kite is on there too. I don't think this at all indicates his guilt or innocence (because, if you think about it, if he's still in the mode of not even being positive something was wrong, a little white lie to protect yourself probably doesnt seem like the biggest deal), but I do think it indicates one very important factor - that JC is capable of telling lies.

I'm going to throw this out there and I'm prepared to get blasted...........lol
MOO

I don't believe JC is "dumb" as some have implied. I believe he is very technology wise. He knows about computers, recording and recording devices. RE: His MS pages.

I believe he probably smokes more than a little wacky weed. Spends a lot of time hanging out with his friends at the pit.

I believe he is less than ambitious. Probably comes across as immature and lazy.

I believe his verbal skilLs are probably not as bad as we assume. We have a heard a 911 call, nervous, KM's father standing there, KM missing. NG twice.......who wouldn't be nervous. JC is probably not one who would do well speaking in public on a normal basis but probably does ok one on one or with friends.

I believe burning the papers at the FP might be true, he would have been there anyway.

Although he haS some strange preferences so do a lot of others.

AND HERE IT THE REALLY BIG POINT TO ALL I HAVE SAID:

Either JC and KM had a argument and he did a bad thing OR someone else did!

NOW I've taken a position.............just try and budge me! lol
MOO

Search Intensifies For Missing Fairfield Woman
Fiancé's Mom Says Son's Story Distorted On National News

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/29067736/detail.html#ixzz1WrEddHYT

The mother of Katelyn Markham's fiance says she is clearing up confusion about the test her son took after Markham disappeared.

It was on the Nancy Grace show that John Carter, Markham's fiance and the last person to see her, first told the public about a lie-detector test he was asked to do by the Fairfield police.

Karyn Winkler said her son's story was distorted on the national news, explaining that the test he was given was a version of a lie-detector test called voice polygraph

Mom Of Katelyn Markham's Fiance Says Son's Story Distorted On National News

This is a quote from Tim Miller in the article above: "Some of the community has focused on the investigative end and cell towers and different things. When they're focused on that, they're not focused on the search," Miller said.

Wouldn't they use the "pinging" records to HELP pinpoint the logical search areas more precisely, not waste resources, and find her faster?

How can information on the "investigative end and cell towers" be ANYTHING but beneficial to the search??

I'm completely baffled.

Either JC and KM had a argument and he did a bad thing OR someone else did!

NOW I've taken a position.............just try and budge me! lol
MOO

If your position is that JC or someone else harmed Katelyn, I doubt you'll get many arguments. lol

This is a quote from Tim Miller in the article above: "Some of the community has focused on the investigative end and cell towers and different things. When they're focused on that, they're not focused on the search," Miller said.

Wouldn't they use the "pinging" records to HELP pinpoint the logical search areas more precisely, not waste resources, and find her faster?

How can information on the "investigative end and cell towers" be ANYTHING but beneficial to the search??

I'm completely baffled.

I think he just meant that people are gossiping/speculating too much, and possibly arguing amongst the different "camps".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela