OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he did spend $100 on raffle tickets. I thought a friend of his denied that whole scenario.

Can't wait to see what the proof is of Katelyn's movements, or at least her phone's movements, that night.

If he spent $100 on raffle tickets, it is quite possible he has a gambling addiction. Gambling, loan sharks was one of my theories from the getgo. Kinda makes you go hmmmmm. Did he steal from her? Did he have access to her bank accounts? Is that why he had to burn documents in such a hurry? Did he owe people money? Was Katelyn a victim of payback?

There have been rumors that the couple argued Friday night when they went to the Sacred Heart Festival over Carter's spending $100 on raffle tickets for a prize of $10,000.

But Carter denies any argument with Markham. He said he bought the tickets thinking that winning $10,000 would help them in their move to Colorado, where Carter has been applying online for jobs.

"She thought it was a good idea. She was OK with it," he said.

Source - http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110902/NEWS01/109030337/Nearly-three-weeks-later-still-no-sign-Katelyn

Early on we were all discussing the possibility that he was somehow less mature than she was or the fact that he is in a position where he feels that he must compete with her. Assuming for one minute that they were trying to save money for the move to Colorado, if I was KM I may not have felt this way.

I'm not saying that is the situation just speculating, could this be just another of JC's statements which is not really the true situation at all?

'She's OK' could be She's really not OK with it?

Thinking of the searchers this morning and will be throughout the day. What kind souls to do this on a holiday weekend and a very hot day. May they be safe and find something that will lead to Katelyn!

I heard this morning that Jeff Ruby (local high-end restauranteur for the non-locals) is going to present a check for $10,000 to TES. I've gained more respect for the guy this year after he's been so vocal in the CA case and now this. Very generous of him.

Just had another thought. JC says he spent $100 on raffle tickets. I wonder if this is true or is it an excuse as to why he may have taken money from her bank account or perhaps a joint bank account (assuming that's where the money was withdrawn). In other words, if LE saw the transaction, JC has come up with a reason. How much more money was taken out and when? I wonder.

Is he covering his tracks?

The mother of Katelyn Markham's fiance says she is clearing up confusion about the test her son took after Markham disappeared.

It was on the Nancy Grace show that John Carter, Markham's fiance and the last person to see her, first told the public about a lie-detector test he was asked to do by the Fairfield police.

Karyn Winkler said her son's story was distorted on the national news, explaining that the test he was given was a version of a lie-detector test called voice polygraph.
"He did not participate in a wired polygraph test. He has not only told the police he is more than willing to, but he also clearly stated that on Nancy Grace," Winkler said.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/29067736/detail.html#ixzz1WtPzdqsT

The search for Katelyn Markham, who’s been missing since Aug. 14, will continue at 8:30 a.m. today as the area deals with near record-high temperatures.

Tim Miller, the founder and director of Texas EquuSearch, said that he expects close to 300 people to help out with today’s search, and that includes 11 more EquuSearch staff members from Central Ohio, Illinois and Kentucky.

Horses, four-wheelers, divers and sonar equipment will also be utilized to go along with the ground searchers.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/hundreds-expected-to-join-search-for-missing-woman-1245122.html

Just wanted to say, it's just so strange for me to try to "get into" all the other missing/found cases after the Caylee case....that was like a 3 year "job" I went to everyday....and just recently got fired!! LOL

I just wanted to make a comment about the Nancy Grace "issues"....mainly because JC recently said he'd talk to ONLY the producers. IMO, that's because he can stick to HIS "story" and not have people question his deviations when presented with questions that he actually hadn't thought of...the info was things he didn't think to add to his story...too much "outside" info to remember.
I'm NOT condemning JC, I'm on the fence, 60/40.
When I hear all the NG comments about being rude and not giving the person a chance, the person KNOWS what NG's like, yet, they AGREE to be on national television on her show. That person KNOWS since, IF, they were the last person who saw the victim, she'd be grillin' them, like usual. NG isn't for the thin skinned....that's part of her "schpeel" (?). I'm NOT a NG lover, BTW.

Back to the meat of my subject....Things bugging me...

IIRC, JC had his cell for a few days after KM was missing. Why??? Shouldn't it have been confiscated by LE immediately??

Did LE take all the contents of the fire pit to their lab to sift thru for ANYTHING that could be there?? Saw a Forensic Files, or whichever, where they found a button from the victims or suspects pants/shirt....the CLOTHES were burnt in a fire pit. Probably not hot enough for body disposal.

Again, we all go back to those papers, if KM wanted to "be there" when they were burnt, why give them to JC and not bring them herself and go with him???

The key/door thing...if you're so worried and almost going nuts, why put the key in the door?? Why not just try to open the door...to "bust in" because you truely think something is wrong....THEN put in the key to open it if it's locked....he blew some VERY important info by doing this....did she leave abruptly and NOT lock the door, or did she kinda "know" the person and have time to lock it???

The "dog" thing....if it were me, and alot of people, their dogs sleep with them, soooo, if you're a perpetrator, you're NOT gonna put them in a bedroom and close the door to keep them "comfy"....you're PROBABLY not gonna give a poop what their doing....stopping to chase after the dogs and get them in the room is kinda giving your victim time to get away....but that's just IMO.

Pleaser forgive me, I follow the thread, but often don't...knowing all you guys, all these things were probably said before....maybe bears repeating???

I'm going to throw this out there and I'm prepared to get blasted...........lol
MOO

I don't believe JC is "dumb" as some have implied. I believe he is very technology wise. He knows about computers, recording and recording devices. RE: His MS pages.

I believe he probably smokes more than a little wacky weed. Spends a lot of time hanging out with his friends at the pit.

I believe he is less than ambitious. Probably comes across as immature and lazy.

I believe his verbal skilLs are probably not as bad as we assume. We have a heard a 911 call, nervous, KM's father standing there, KM missing. NG twice.......who wouldn't be nervous. JC is probably not one who would do well speaking in public on a normal basis but probably does ok one on one or with friends.

I believe burning the papers at the FP might be true, he would have been there anyway.

Although he haS some strange preferences so do a lot of others.

AND HERE IT THE REALLY BIG POINT TO ALL I HAVE SAID:

Either JC and KM had a argument and he did a bad thing OR someone else did!

NOW I've taken a position.............just try and budge me! lol
MOO

Well, I'm awake, and I did dream about this stuff all night.

But I agree with everything you said.

People can be very smart in one area and not so smart in others.
And I know very smart people that have a hard time expressing themselves.

This is a quote from Tim Miller in the article above: "Some of the community has focused on the investigative end and cell towers and different things. When they're focused on that, they're not focused on the search," Miller said.

Wouldn't they use the "pinging" records to HELP pinpoint the logical search areas more precisely, not waste resources, and find her faster?

How can information on the "investigative end and cell towers" be ANYTHING but beneficial to the search??

I'm completely baffled.

Well it's possible that ALL the pings came from the same tower.

There is a tower close to KMs townhouse and JC lives near by so his pings would be in the same area as hers if he's at his house and she's at her

We don't know where he went to "burn papers" but it's my understanding from

what I've read here that anyting with in 4 miles of that tower would only show that

it's inside that 4 mile area. That's a pretty good size area when you think about it.

Soooooo the police aren't saying (surprise surprise) but it's possitble and probable, I think that the pings don't help at all

Did you get to see this video? He is saying that he talks to detetives several times a day and if there was any cell phone info he would be asked by LE to search that area.
Fox 19 report on Katelyn Search Sept 2 6pm - YouTube

I wonder where they were searching? I thought I heard them say "off RT 4. but I would guess it is way way off RT 4.
I went down RT in my mind and there isn't any wooded areas I can think of it's heavily built up.

But yea the interesting thing is Miller saying if there was any evidence from the pings the police would send him there.

So I think what it boils down to is the 4 mile radius from the tower near KMs home
Everything, the textes etc took place inside the 4 mile radius and that is big area

I know people who are dating/engaged have different ways of life...staying over/not staying over. Personally, I find it a little off that he didn't stay the nite, yet went over to the "fire pit friends" and burned the papers, and stayed till about 4 am....remember, "he IS 22 years old". (As he said on NG when she questioned about the time he came home).
I know guys hang with each other and aren't with their significant others 24/7...and, I know she had to get up for work the next morning....but, since he DID have a key AND they are engaged....AND they've known each other 6 years, so it's not an issue of trust...it's just a little "off" to me, but that's just MY experience with being engaged. He'd come home after his "boy's nite out"...regardless of the time. Again, each relationship is different.
Did his mommy not let him stay there??? "He IS 22", you know!!

Was the relationship MORE to him than what SHE thought it was? So, she sent/gave him a "Dear Josh" letter to break the news?? I'm goin with this...

I think he got PO'd about her telling him about their relationship....maybe it was her recent decision. We all said the pics looked more "friendly" than "in love"....who am I to judge, marriages can be built on being friends and not sexual.
He KNEW the door was locked when he got there on Sunday....because from my last post, if you're at wits end and feel somethings wrong, you don't stop to use your key....unless you KNOW the door was locked.....because SHE went out the door WITH him, and they locked it.

Dog went into the bedroom, because that's where she kept them, because they slept with her....only someone who cares about their comfort would do that....I think that "bathroom" thing is just poo poo...LOL
He probably told her they were just going over to burn the papers....she didn't need purse...and a great deal of people ALWAYS just take their cell when they go anywhere....or HE took it himself.

He's STILL PO'd about the relationship thing...has her in the car, because they're only going to burn the papers.....murders her (how???)....sends texts from her phone to his cell....and, he's gotta be quick AND dump the body close, so the "burning at friends house" fits with his story and times.

And, we all know about the bizarre Sunday. He had plenty of time to move her body, too. :(

So, he sent the texts to himself from HER phone....we know he's a little bit into computers. Anyone who watches any crime show, or reads the paper, knows about the "pings" and "GPS" systems on phones...takes the phone apart and chucks it.

Now....IMO, she's not somewhere far away...unless he moved her the following day while she was "supposedly" at work.

This is a joke, sorta :D but if I was abducted, I'd tell him to hang on JUST a second, while I grab my tablet and pens. :giggle:

My post was referring to her leaving on her own. If she decided to abandon her life and run away.

what if they both left the house to go 'burn the papers' earlier in the evening, before it rained... she left the house willingly with just her phone because they wouldn't be gone that long. they got in an argument or something, then he disposed of her body and then went back home and covered his tracks with the picture text & other texts and was finally done, and went to bed, by 4am??

I too believe that it is likely that phone pings were all from one tower, one near Katelyn's house, and did not provide any new areas for searching. If indeed JC did anything to Katelyn, it is possible he left his phone at home, where it would continue to show as though he was there as well.

Why does it always seem to be so hot when these searches take place?? I hope no one has heat stroke...

Thanks n/t!!! good find

snipped-"On Friday, Carter told The Enquirer that police have asked him for the first time to give them a written statement about his movements the weekend Markham went missing."

SO is LE as confused as we are on the sequence of ever changing events?? LOL
Did i not say last night maybe JC needed to do a written statement since the live stuff wasn't really working for him??

I don't believe JC is "dumb" as some have implied. I believe he is very technology wise. He knows about computers, recording and recording devices. RE: His MS pages.

his aunt has told me in a private message that JC doesn't know how to "do things with FB, etc. that Katelyn always did stuff for him and that's why when she was busy his pages didn't have a lot of activity, at this point I believe nothing BUT that is what she said.

I think he just meant that people are gossiping/speculating too much, and possibly arguing amongst the different "camps".

I thing he came across as an *advertiser censored* in the interview and to be quite blunt I don't think he has a legal degree but he sure injects himself in the middle of it all.

Did you get to see this video? He is saying that he talks to detetives several times a day and if there was any cell phone info he would be asked by LE to search that area.
Fox 19 report on Katelyn Search Sept 2 6pm - YouTube

Well again I won't tell locations BUT someone from Equu Search told us on our search TODAY we were there because LE asked us to be.

So there IS no cell phone info? Official media said the Fairfield police department said there was! Supposedly they now know the last "ping" location of Katelyn's phone.

I'm so confused. :waitasec:

Oh look, I used my first WebSleuths emoticon.

After searching today I am MORE CONFIDENT then ever they have SOMEONE'S CELL PHONE PINGS.....we weren't sent where we were from a hunch I will bet money.......

Thinking of the searchers this morning and will be throughout the day. What kind souls to do this on a holiday weekend and a very hot day. May they be safe and find something that will lead to Katelyn!

I heard this morning that Jeff Ruby (local high-end restauranteur for the non-locals) is going to present a check for $10,000 to TES. I've gained more respect for the guy this year after he's been so vocal in the CA case and now this. Very generous of him.

I can speak for myself, husband and friend we got a lot more out of it then we felt we gave. I am exhausted, hot and body aches BUT I would do it again.

Jeff Ruby was there this morning. The only person though that I couldn't take my eyes off of was Mr. Markham I hope he is digging deep to find strength....

I wonder where they were searching? I thought I heard them say "off RT 4. but I would guess it is way way off RT 4.
I went down RT in my mind and there isn't any wooded areas I can think of it's heavily built up.

But yea the interesting thing is Miller saying if there was any evidence from the pings the police would send him there.

So I think what it boils down to is the 4 mile radius from the tower near KMs home
Everything, the textes etc took place inside the 4 mile radius and that is big area

I am writing a lot down from our search today that I will share if it's ever appropriate, or if the news crew that followed us slips up BUT out of respect I won't say where we were, I will say NO ONE WILL CONVINCE ME IT WAS RANDOM......and I will say it wasn't in the radius mentioned.

I am writing a lot down from our search today that I will share if it's ever appropriate, or if the news crew that followed us slips up BUT out of respect I won't say where we were, I will say NO ONE WILL CONVINCE ME IT WAS RANDOM......and I will say it wasn't in the radius mentioned.

very interesting! im excited to see what light you can shed on the situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela