OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is interesting that he thought he failed it due to nervousness. I took two of them for jobs in the past, and I was nervous, but I did not assume I failed them. I knew I was telling the truth and I admitted the 'small' stuff so I would not fail. [ Have you ever called in sick when you were not sick? ...ummm yes? ]

Trigger posted this over on Thread 2, I am C&P-ing it here, If this is indeed the type of test 'supposedly' first administered, has some good info-

'Innocent Until Proved Guilty?'

A laptop, microphone and software program make up what is called the computer-voice stress analyzer, or CVSA. Used by police departments across the country, this lie detector is a foolproof system to help catch criminals and liars, according to the man behind it.

Police departments have paid $10,000 per system over the last 18 years and rely on it exclusively for truth verification," said Charles Humble, chairman and CEO of the National Institute for Truth Verification, which sells the CVSA. "We have a remarkable record of success."

But as questions surrounding the scientific validity of the machine and Humble's credentials grow, not everyone agrees that that should be the case

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1786421&page=1

Just to be clear...turkey bones would not smell of decomp, would they? When an animal is already at the bone stage, what is left to give off the smell?

Just to be clear...turkey bones would not smell of decomp, would they? When an animal is already at the bone stage, what is left to give off the smell?

Animal remains, even almost down to the bone can smell of decomp. We had a dog euthanized and something dug it up from where we buried it. He was mostly bones with fur still attached and let me tell you... this was months after the fact and it SMELLED. (He was euthanized in Feb., something dug him up in May) I would imagine how much moisture is in the area, humidity, etc etc would all contribute to the smell of decomp.

Wouldn't think so. I've found dead animals in the woods and never noticed a smell.

Friends and Katelyn's FB comments indicate that they went to the festival on Friday night. I have found no indication of them going to the festival on Saturday night, except for one person on FB who claims to have inside PD information and says that they were there. Friends of Katelyn's have said she did not go to the festival on Saturday night.

Hello All. Been watching this story and praying. Please forgive if it's already been mentioned - just got home at 6pm and wanted to watch the JC interview. Does anyone know if/where to watch it online. Please advise and much thanks!

Hello All. Been watching this story and praying. Please forgive if it's already been mentioned - just got home at 6pm and wanted to watch the JC interview. Does anyone know if/where to watch it online. Please advise and much thanks!

:welcome4:

The NG interviews are posted on the previous thread about 20 or 21. Welcome to WS.

and a friend of JC posted:

Oh, screw it. John said he failed the lie detector test at her bday party and asked us all not to say anything but geeze you would think HER friends would speak up! I have no idea what to think, say, or feel anymore on all this. I care about John as well but he is obviously JUST FINE. Katelyn is the one in danger, not him. And he keeps saying he doesn't care what people think of him as long as we find her so I'm sure he won't care that I repeated stuff right out of his mouth. F all this being quiet about basically the inly thing I know!

What birthday party?

JC threw a "birthday party" for Katelyn after she was missing.

:welcome4:

The NG interviews are posted on the previous thread about 2 or 3 pages from the end of the thread. Welcome to WS.

Thank you so much! This is what I was wondering abt (just found on FB page): See the latest on the search efforts, as well as the interview with John Carter, Friday night on the FOX19 Evening News at 6.

Going to check their website and see if anything there.

Thanks for the welcome!!

I thought he was suppose to be on Fox 19 but he wasn't. They had some aunt and Tim Miller. So if it was Fox, maybe we have not missed JC???

(Tim was none too happy with all the rumors and saying he would know if there was cell phone info and there is not.)

I thought he was suppose to be on Fox 19 but he wasn't. They had some aunt and Tim Miller. So if it was Fox, maybe we have not missed JC???

(Tim was none too happy with all the rumors and saying he would know if there was cell phone info and there is not.)

So Tim Miller was saying it's not true that the new piece of evidence is the last ping of her phone?

Ok, to me that is kind of strange.

Me also, that would be the last thing I would want to do if my partner was missing would be to host a birthday party in her absence.

A - It's in bad taste.
B - It's like admitting she is already gone.

Thank you so much! This is what I was wondering abt (just found on FB page): See the latest on the search efforts, as well as the interview with John Carter, Friday night on the FOX19 Evening News at 6.

Going to check their website and see if anything there.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Thanks Willw84uboaz. I really wasn't thinking! I even gave the wrong pages on the previouw thread for the NG videos. Should been around page 20

Good thing that wasn't what was wanted.................:waitasec:

Has he not been on? I watched the beginning of the news, and they talked to Tim Miller, but then they went on to another story, so I set the DVR to record it. The news goes on for an hour, maybe it's in the second half?

So Tim Miller was saying it's not true that the new piece of evidence is the last ping of her phone?

That is how I took it. I will upload it if you guys want. I am still watching hoping maybe there will be more on the search in this second half hour.

Has he not been on? I watched the beginning of the news, and they talked to Tim Miller, but then they went on to another story, so I set the DVR to record it. The news goes on for an hour, maybe it's in the second half?

Are you still watching? If so, I will go ahead and toss that lead story up on youtube if you will let me know if they have the interview! I know they start a few moments before 6 so the first few seconds are not caught on my dvr but it has Tim!

Doesn't seem like there is anything new to report...
The rumor mill isn't of any help in this case...no one seems to have any real idea what may have happened to Katelyn, as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member