OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching live, I am recording it.

John's aunt posted on FB today and then deleted it, I just happen to have a copy of what she posted, not sure if it's been posted already because hubby is making me go out to dinner so I'll post and if it's a repeat sorry. I will summarize since I'm not allowed to cut and paste

Krystie Keller
she wanted to straighten out some drama, wanted to point out that there was a period of time when the police weren't completely honest with John about the result of his first lie detector test, because they thought it would make him confess. she pointed out that the police are allowed to lie to people about the results, said they can lie about anything, then the police told him the truth---after he had a a bday party for Katelyn's .... John had been expressing his shock that he had "not done well" on a particular, very "ambiguous question". She said the question was something like, "Do you know anything about Katelyn's disappearance" she said that was quite confusing to answer yes or no to. Went on to say anyone on FB page would have to answer yes. Went on to say makes you sound guilty, when in fact, you only know what you have learned from the media or one of these sites.

Me also, that would be the last thing I would want to do if my partner was missing would be to host a birthday party in her absence.

A - It's in bad taste.
B - It's like admitting she is already gone.

Well, don't want all that cake and ice cream to go to waste. :banghead::sick:

John's aunt posted on FB today and then deleted it, I just happen to have a copy of what she posted, not sure if it's been posted already because hubby is making me go out to dinner so I'll post and if it's a repeat sorry. I will summarize since I'm not allowed to cut and paste

Krystie Keller
she wanted to straighten out some drama, wanted to point out that there was a period of time when the police weren't completely honest with John about the result of his first lie detector test, because they thought it would make him confess. she pointed out that the police are allowed to lie to people about the results, said they can lie about anything, then the police told him the truth---after he had a a bday party for Katelyn's .... John had been expressing his shock that he had "not done well" on a particular, very "ambiguous question". She said the question was something like, "Do you know anything about Katelyn's disappearance" she said that was quite confusing to answer yes or no to. Went on to say anyone on FB page would have to answer yes. Went on to say makes you sound guilty, when in fact, you only know what you have learned from the media or one of these sites.

Hoo boy.

Here's a speculative scenario if KM is dead, if JC did it, if it was pre-meditated, and if he's a little smarter than he seems:

He discovers something about KM he doesn't like at the end of July, either unwanted attention (male boss taking photos of her looking beautiful) or her doubts about their engagement or the move to Colorado. He goes silent on Facebook from July 27 until after her disappearance... no more lovey dovey posts, no more cute couple photos.

She gets off work Saturday evening and he comes over to her place. After nightfall, he persuades or lures her to an outdoor secluded site, where he harms her and disposes of her quickly and effectively - maybe pushes her off a cliff or high bluff over the river? At any rate there's no evidence of defensive wounds on his arms or face when he physically appears for media interviews soon thereafter... so there couldn't have been much of a struggle.

I'm thinking her body could be in water or down a deep ravine or at the bottom off a cliff, since she hasn't been found yet. Or, maybe it was simply dumped not far from a road, and just hasn't been found due to bad luck.

He takes her phone, purse, keys, and goes back to her apartment. There is nothing to cover up or clean up since nothing happened in her home or their vehicles. He composes himself and comes up with or perhaps re-thinks what to do next.

Around midnight, he leaves her purse and keys at the apartment, takes her phone with him, and goes to a friend's house, quite possibly within the same cellphone ping radius, which for all we know is in the same radius as her townhome. He may even have had prior plans with that friend, thus choosing a night with a pre-made alibi.

At the friend's, he lights up and calms down, then texts KM's phone to tell her the documents have been burned. (Assuming they're real and that's really what he burned and that there was really a fire.) Then he surreptitiously answers himself from KM's phone - perhaps while in the bathroom, or in the woods for a wee if the friend's place is rural, or even just while stepping away from the firepit.

In the dark, from a distance of a few feet, no one would notice he's not texting from his own phone - he'd just look like he was texting. He wouldn't even have to go out of sight. He could just wander around, near or far from the fire, and slip the correct phone from his pocket at the correct time, and appear to be innocently texting.

After a couple texts back and forth, he looks through the pics stored on KM's phone and chooses one to send as the last text. Then he turns her phone off, and/or GPS off, and/or removes the battery. He then "receives" the pic on his own phone at 12:52, which is 7 minutes later or not, depending on if her phone was turned off at 12:45 or just "around" 12:45 - I don't think that was ever established.

Maybe he even shows her picture to a friend he's standing next to ("look what she sent me, doesn't she look pretty"), to establish with a witness that KM's in communication with him and they're not fighting.

He goes inside at the friend's house and watches TV, or doesn't watch TV, or he's 22, or he's 23, or or whatever. Leaves the friend's around 2 am. He easily disposes of her phone and the battery in any of a thousand possible places where it may never be found again. Then he goes home and goes to bed.

Something like this same scenario could happen if it WASN'T premeditated - if there was a fight, then a crime of passion or even an accident. Only in that case I'd think he'd be too disordered and distraught to coolly handle a visit to a friend's and the reasonably clever smokescreen of the texting exchange.

Then again, I know exactly where to go if I wanted some xanax, valium, klonopin, or anything else to keep me calm - I'd go to the people I know in their young 20s who work restaurant jobs. Talk about a black market pharmacy.

Just thinking aloud.

Krystie Keller

I think she's correct that the police can lie to a suspect. But, if that was the case, why would they ever tell him the truth? Or, at least tell him the truth this early on.

So, is she admitting that he took an actual polygraph now, or is she talking about the voice test? His FIRST lie detector test? How many have there been?

I try not to judge what people do after someone goes missing. I know a lot of families and loved ones who have thrown parties, bought gifts, planned vacations, and other stuff that feels weird for us. Sometimes I think it just helps to have everyone together and makes it feel like the person is still there.

However, I am also reserving judgment on EVERYTHING that family is saying right now. His family. I feel like they are in defensive defend JC mode and NOT find Katelyn mode. Which is fine, but I feel like those emotions are leading to some misconstrued facts.

I still think she's in water. If I had a choice between water and woods/landfill....water every time. It speeds up everything so much, especially if there are animals/fish to help it out. After 3 weeks in water, unless her skull was cracked open we may never know what happened.

Only thing I know new is the time of the 911 call.

We've been trying to get the time for 2 weeks.

Someone, that seemed to know what they were talking about posted 5:58 the other day:.

Well, the Journal News has it as 7:59 :rocker:

Agatha, that's been known since at least the first Nancy Grace interview about a week ago. 7:58 pm was shown onscreen as the time of the 911 call while the call's audio was being played.

I mentioned this in my info recap:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 Aug 2011 #2

Sounds like there were 6 people there Sat. night with John, police talked to all of them, if the FB post is true.

Look at this 11 minute drive from Katelyn's. There are several places where there are no houses, either businesses or woods (i.e. no witness for dropping anything off.... and no one to find anything for at least 32 hours or so....

http://g.co/maps/6a53

In case anyone is interested, this is google maps streetview of 5214 Dorshire Drive and it is really cool how you can move about in her neighbourhood right from out own living rooms. Put in the address and press the pic and you are ready to go.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=39.322745,-84.605885&spn=0.071842,0.169086

And here is everything Katelyn Markham from news stories, videos, including Nancy Grace as well as Tweets regarding Katelyn Markham.
http://interceder.net/topic/Katelyn-Markham

Sorry it they have allready been posted but they are good resources.

Lots of JCs friends are coming forward on the FB site (consider everything) and saying he was with them... I'm kinda starting to believe them

Lots of JCs friends are coming forward on the FB site (consider everything) and saying he was with them... I'm kinda starting to believe them

I always thought he was at a friend's house that night, just as he said. It would be too big and easily disprovable of a lie to tell.

I always thought he was at a friend's house that night, just as he said. It would be too big and easily disprovable of a lie to tell.

But that does not mean that something didn't happen earlier that night before he went to smoke blunts with his friends/

Personally, I think when he told her in the text "he was going to burn some paper" he meant going to smoke a joint (s) with his pals. I thought about it last night and that's what makes sense to me. She wished she could be there (to smoke). I think he was scared of LE if he said they were going to smoke weed. I'm wondering if JC dealt? did someone come knocking after hours to score? I'm leaning towards this heavily after a sleepless night and weighing all the "common sense" angles.
I'm starting to believe maybe it wasn't JC but an acquaintance. KM had a friend with the initials TM and after much banter on one of his statuses she said "I guess T never had a "real woman"". Pure banter, but this guys statuses were really dark and he was definitely into alcohol AND drugs.....

Why mention the burning of papers, or "records" as he called it on NG, at all, if he had not done it? That just seems so out there, such an odd thing to do, not exactly a good alibi thing. I think it must be true that he had something he needed to burn, whether it was hers, or at her request, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08