OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SEARCHED FOR KATELYN. IT MEANS SO MUCH WHETHER SHE IS FOUND DURING THE SEARCH OR NOT!

All of you deserve a cold drink and a toast for your TREMENDOUS efforts!

his aunt has told me in a private message that JC doesn't know how to "do things with FB, etc. that Katelyn always did stuff for him and that's why when she was busy his pages didn't have a lot of activity, at this point I believe nothing BUT that is what she said.[/UNQUOTE] posted by shouldBworking

I find that so odd if it is true. I mean he is 22 yrs old, and so he grew up with FB and with computers. I have to ask my 19 and 23 yr old kids to do most of the stuff I cannot do on the computer and it is second nature to them. I remember once asking my daughter where she learned how to do something on the computer and she shrugged and said " I don't know, I just know how to do it."

katydid, I know, I found that odd also....considering he knows how to text

This article has some good info on cell phone pings/triangulation:
http://searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790

What I don't understand though, is if they can figure out the distance of the phone to the cell phone tower based on the lag time between sending and receiving the ping, wouldn't the phone have to be located along the circumference of that radius, rather than inside it? It seems like this would narrow down the location even further.

I'm starting to wonder if LE isn't releasing anything because of the confusion and rumor mills that are already surrounding this case.

No need to throw more wood onto the fire.

OR they might suspect JC and/or his friends or contacts and don't want to let anything slip only to have a lead covered up?

Ok, now I'm getting really confused.

I was poking around on the KM Considering Everything Facebook group, and ended up seeing a photo comment from who seems to be JC's sister (?) that seemed to imply that JC had MOVED OUT of his mom's house.

I thought he lived with his parents?

I think I've officially hit information overload, I'm so confused right now....:waitasec::banghead::waitasec::banghead::waitasec::banghead:

Most blogs are not allowed to be posted here at WS but I think I can share that I find some of the insights on the first one to come up in a Google search for: "statement analysis john carter" to be worth the read. Several articles on that site done - so look around.

Mods if this is not okay - hit me gently.

I was poking around on the KM Considering Everything Facebook group, and ended up seeing a photo comment from who seems to be JC's sister (?) that seemed to imply that JC had MOVED OUT of his mom's house.

I think I've officially hit information overload, I'm so confused right now....:waitasec::banghead::waitasec::banghead::waitasec::banghead:

I saw that too - was waiting for someone to ask her about that?!?!?! :waitasec:

Some of you have posted some enlightening things regarding JC's behavior and explaining, possibly, why he has made some of the comments he has.

So, I will ease up on my suspicion of him. For now.

Now this doesn't go to say that JC and KM's relationship was all roses.

I am of the strong opinion that KM just may have been seeing someone else. Maybe someone at her school. Or maybe someone she saw frequently in passing.

If this is the case I'd hope LE would have some evidence of this by phone records.

But it's also possible that KM and this person didn't speak on the phone at all for fear of JC finding out.

Perhaps this person that KM was involved with is the one who harmed her

MOO

Some of you have posted some enlightening things regarding JC's behavior and explaining, possibly, why he has made some of the comments he has.

So, I will ease up on my suspicion of him. For now.

Now this doesn't go to say that JC and KM's relationship was all roses.

I am of the strong opinion that KM just may have been seeing someone else. Maybe someone at her school. Or maybe someone she saw frequently in passing.

If this is the case I'd hope LE would have some evidence of this by phone records.

But it's also possible that KM and this person didn't speak on the phone at all for fear of JC finding out.

Perhaps this person that KM was involved with is the one who harmed her

MOO

That is the scenario I am leaning towards right now. Maybe a secret relationship she was having turned dangerous.

I'm starting to wonder if LE isn't releasing anything because of the confusion and rumor mills that are already surrounding this case.

No need to throw more wood onto the fire.

OR they might suspect JC and/or his friends or contacts and don't want to let anything slip only to have a lead covered up?

The "rumor mills" is exactly what is bugging me on this case. I and a bunch of WS'ers I know, like to work primarily from LE statements, verified info (such as 911 call) and MSM reports -- but it seems LE is not saying anything (heck, at this point I would have to start over to know just what if anything is really from them) and the media is working with family statements and rumor mill leads. VERY FRUSTRATING.
I am about to go back to thread one and start over. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I wonder if LE has asked anyone else to give them a written statement of events. If everyone who had contact with her is a POI it seems to reason more people would be asked to write down their series of events that Sunday and the night before. jmo

bolded by me... i can't find that facebook group. do you have a link?

I can speak for myself, husband and friend we got a lot more out of it then we felt we gave. I am exhausted, hot and body aches BUT I would do it again.

Jeff Ruby was there this morning. The only person though that I couldn't take my eyes off of was Mr. Markham I hope he is digging deep to find strength....

A special thank you. I have the utmost admiration for volunteer searchers such as yourself, your husband and your friend and all others who devoted their time and energy to help locate Katelyn. :rose:

This article has some good info on cell phone pings/triangulation:
http://searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790

What I don't understand though, is if they can figure out the distance of the phone to the cell phone tower based on the lag time between sending and receiving the ping, wouldn't the phone have to be located along the circumference of that radius, rather than inside it? It seems like this would narrow down the location even further.

HUH??:innocent:

HUH??:innocent:

Say you can figure out, based on the lag time between when the cell phone tower sent out a "ping" and when the cell phone sent back a reply ping, that the phone was 1 mile away from the tower at that time. (You still can't tell exactly WHERE the phone was.)

It seems like they would be able to tell that they should search all areas exactly one mile away from the tower, in a circle around the tower. Instead of having to search everywhere inside that circle.

Does that make more sense? :crazy:

Say you can figure out, based on the lag time between when the cell phone tower sent out a "ping" and when the cell phone sent back a reply ping, that the phone was 1 mile away from the tower at that time. (You still can't tell exactly WHERE the phone was.)

It seems like they would be able to tell that they should search all areas exactly one mile away from the tower, in a circle around the tower. Instead of having to search everywhere inside that circle.

Does that make more sense? :crazy:

No,but don't mind me I barely figured out how to log in for approval :crazy:

And I have no clue how you and others put those pictures next to their names.

:innocent:

Thank you for all of the insightful and thought-provoking comments here while I was away. I can always depend on this discussion group to keep me updated on the progress in this case when I'm not able to access the computer.

I just want to say this and would like to know what you guys think:

I don't have any type of law enforcement degree or experience but I do follow similar cases and have watched 99% of every crime show ever produced for T.V.

How is it possible that JC has never been polygraphed? According to Criminology 101 you start the investigation from the inside and work your way out and that means LE has to eliminate those people closest to Katelyn before moving on to other potential suspects. That means they have to eliminate her father and JC. It is just not possible that LE didn't ask the both of them to take a polygraph so I ask you this.....

Do you think they asked JC early on to take a polygraph and he refused? I mean we don't know this information and the police dept. is certainly not sharing this information with you and I, are they? JC might have become angry and grossly offended that they would even consider that he might have caused any harm to Katelyn and flatly refused to take one. Or, he may have politely refused either because he doesn't "trust" a polygraph or just gave them some other flimsy, weirded-out reason why he didn't think it would be a good idea. Instead, I think the detectives have been in touch with him by phone and during one of their telephone conversations asked him if he would be agreeable to taking an innocent "voice recognition test" over the phone and he agreed. (and probably failed)

You just can't tell me that if JC showed up at the Fairfield police dept. and told the detectives he wanted to be polygraphed that they would refuse his request.

No,but don't mind me I barely figured out how to log in for approval :crazy:

And I have no clue how you and others put those pictures next to their names.

:innocent:

You should know soon, if somebody can communicate properly! :angel:
agatha-1.gif

adding - look up by your name in upper right hand corner. If you see 1 click!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid