OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "rumor mills" is exactly what is bugging me on this case. I and a bunch of WS'ers I know, like to work primarily from LE statements, verified info (such as 911 call) and MSM reports -- but it seems LE is not saying anything (heck, at this point I would have to start over to know just what if anything is really from them) and the media is working with family statements and rumor mill leads. VERY FRUSTRATING.
I am about to go back to thread one and start over. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Let me save you some reading....LE has said that every person who had contact with Katelyn is a suspect and that they are not going to comment on the investigation. YEAP THAT'S IT!

A special thank you. I have the utmost admiration for volunteer searchers such as yourself, your husband and your friend and all others who devoted their time and energy to help locate Katelyn. :rose:

AND as hard as it may be to believe LOTS of folks were talking about this and that, speculation etc. and I stayed MUTE!!! Now that deserves some admiration!:innocent:

Let me save you some reading....LE has said that every person who had contact with Katelyn is a suspect and that they are not going to comment on the investigation. YEAP THAT'S IT!

Good - cause I could not think of one official fact from the mouths of LE!

Good - cause I could not think of one official fact from the mouths of LE!

Wasn't the Chief on radio a few weeks ago?
He said something about a LD test, but it was all a mumble...about how that will happen when the time is right or something like that? Followed by "I can't answer that?"

LE has not even said that foul play was a factor, as yet have they? I know they said they have to assume foul play after a certain period, but if they have not said so for sure, it makes me think nothing is turning up, computer-wise, or phone-wise, etc.

I have been following this story from the beginning, and keeping up with this forum. I live .5 mins away from her townhouse. I first read about her missing on Facebook a day or two after she had gone missing. I have to admit I really didn't think anything about it at first accept "wow someone is missing here in Fairfield, and it's right down the street." That afternoon my family ran to the dollar store on Patterson, again not thinking about the missing girl. As we pulled up, we seen a group of people and a news van, it hit me! I shouted "The girl I read about on Facebook!" I am no Medium, but I instantly got a feeling of despair.......and started crying...... I hope she is found safe and alive.........but for the sake of her family I just hope she is found.

Does anyone want to speculate as to how the fact that she went missing 1.5 days before her birthday, which coincided with her one-year engagement anniversary, could be significant?

boaps,

it just confirms for me that she had a couple of important milestones coming up and wouldn't have left town in order to start a new life. I do wonder at times if she had any type of psychiatric history such as depression, bipolar disorder, etc. and was on any type of medication to manage the illness. One needs to take into consideration that if someone goes off their medication and is in a manic or psychotic state at the time, it wouldn't be unusual for them to pick up and take off without warning. I don't think this is the case here but one never knows.

Does anyone want to speculate as to how the fact that she went missing 1.5 days before her birthday, which coincided with her one-year engagement anniversary, could be significant?

I believe it is significant but it could go either way.

Katelyn finally decided it was time to move on and ended the engagement and JC didn't take it too well or she could've decided it was time to move on and her upcoming birthday was her planned date.

I find it very strange that nothing was planned for her birthday celebration on a Saturday. Usually, young people party on Saturday nights ...don't they? I know weekends are filled with young adults and teenagers up here where I'm from. This was Katelyn's bday weekend and her 1 year engagement anniversary. A happy time but instead she disappears???

JC said in one of his interviews on camera that she had wanted to go to Red Lobster on her birthday.

I was looking at JC's All Poetry site (sublimeapc) and I noticed there were a lot of comments on his poems by someone (kinkyalysha69) that seems to have maybe been his girlfriend at the time, which I am basing on her comments.

Anyway, I found this comment she made on some other person's poem: "I RELATE TO THIS....(MY FINACE IS VERY NEGATIVE) IT SUCKS WE ARE TRYING TO WORK ON HIS TEMPER.....GREAT WRITE.....KEEP WRITING....ALYSHA." (Here's the link: https://allpoetry.com/poem/604396-Oh_baby_Oh_baby-by-eyeswideshut)

So, this comment was made 7 years ago--JC would have only been 16 or so....seems weird he would have been engaged...BUT, if this was the relationship he had before KM, which it looked to me that it may have been, this comment seems pretty eerie. Do any of you think so too?

Maybe I am stretching too far (as I tend to do trying to find SOME clue)

boaps,

it just confirms for me that she had a couple of important milestones coming up and wouldn't have left town in order to start a new life. I do wonder at times if she had any type of psychiatric history such as depression, bipolar disorder, etc. and was on any type of medication to manage the illness. One needs to take into consideration that if someone goes off their medication and is in a manic or psychotic state at the time, it wouldn't be unusual for them to pick up and take off without warning. I don't think this is the case here but one never knows.

You make a good point but usually if a missing person has some sort of mental illness or disorder, it is released to the media. I would hope her loved ones would say something if that was the case. Unless, it was depression and nobody knew about it.

JC said in one of his interviews on camera that she had wanted to go to Red Lobster on her birthday.

Didn't he throw a party without her? What did he do? Invite her friends over for drinks?

Do you find it odd that he drops $100 on raffle tickets and her birthday and their anniversary was just days away....plus they were moving in 2 months out of state?

Something's strange about that evening. We only have his statement that they were supposed to show at his parents on Saturday night to discuss their move to Colorado but she begged off saying that she was too tired. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she worked a shift at David's Bridal that day.

What if they started having it out after she got home about their financial problems and she refused to go to his parents house with him. Maybe it got so heated that she broke it off with him.

FB page saying that searchers were not being accepted any longer due to the heat and others were coming back early...sad to hear. Do we know if they plan to search tomorrow as well?

Wasn't the Chief on radio a few weeks ago?
He said something about a LD test, but it was all a mumble...about how that will happen when the time is right or something like that? Followed by "I can't answer that?"

LE has not even said that foul play was a factor, as yet have they? I know they said they have to assume foul play after a certain period, but if they have not said so for sure, it makes me think nothing is turning up, computer-wise, or phone-wise, etc.

I think if TES got involved, LE is leaning towards foul play.

I think if TES got involved, LE is leaning towards foul play.

Oh I do too...just wondered if they have said so. Although TES has found people who were lost in other ways.

Mostly I wonder if LE has come across anything to substantiate foul play, weird emails, calls, etc...but they are not saying. If they do think she was abducted and don't think it was JC, at what point, I wonder, do they let the community know? I think it is only fair that people should know if LE believes she was taken by someone unknown to her, JMO.

Oh I do too...just wondered if they have said so. Although TES has found people who were lost in other ways.

Mostly I wonder if LE has come across anything to substantiate foul play, weird emails, calls, etc...but they are not saying. If they do think she was abducted and don't think it was JC, at what point, I wonder, do they let the community know? I think it is only fair that people should know if LE believes she was taken by someone unknown to her, JMO.

The fact that he hasn't been cleared yet is concerning. They usually clear those closest to her before moving outwards but that hasn't been done yet which leads me to believe JC is still considered a POI at this point. Until we hear otherwise, he's up there on the list as being the last to have seen her.

I was looking at JC's All Poetry site (sublimeapc) and I noticed there were a lot of comments on his poems by someone (kinkyalysha69) that seems to have maybe been his girlfriend at the time, which I am basing on her comments.

Anyway, I found this comment she made on some other person's poem: "I RELATE TO THIS....(MY FINACE IS VERY NEGATIVE) IT SUCKS WE ARE TRYING TO WORK ON HIS TEMPER.....GREAT WRITE.....KEEP WRITING....ALYSHA." (Here's the link: https://allpoetry.com/poem/604396-Oh_baby_Oh_baby-by-eyeswideshut)

So, this comment was made 7 years ago--JC would have only been 16 or so....seems weird he would have been engaged...BUT, if this was the relationship he had before KM, which it looked to me that it may have been, this comment seems pretty eerie. Do any of you think so too?

Maybe I am stretching too far (as I tend to do trying to find SOME clue)

If he was "engaged" at 16 it would support the image of JC as codependent/overly attached to his relationships, but then I would wonder why it took 5 years to become engaged to Katelyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila