GUILTY OH - Kyla Hayton, 20, pregnant, & Todd Burkhart, 28, Columbus, 16 Nov 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There's good reasons why they don't want family searching. Especially in this case, where quite clearly, it's a crime scene unfortunately, with her boyfriend found deceased and the car window was broken.

Evidence can become tainted by well meaning family members and friends.

Finding a loved one deceased is very traumatic.

I have no doubt that LE is working hard behind the scenes along with searchers, trying to find her. Just because it's not in the media, doesn't mean it isn't happening. There's no way they have stopped searching for her, after finding Todd deceased. There's a reason why they are being quiet, and right now, all we can do is wait until LE finds her, to which I have no doubt that they will eventually.

I've also said in another post, to my knowledge, LE has not said anything about her being deceased, just a matter of time finding her. If someone killed Todd, there is a chance that she could be still alive out there- whether the perps took her, or she managed to get away on her own. Believe me, LE is looking for her. Keeping fingers crossed that she still may be alive out there and is found safe soon.

Compare this case to Donna Harris. Reported missing in Columbus 11/20. Found deceased 11/24. Her name and picture has been in the media non stop. Kyla not so much.

I live local and I can tell you the difference in reporting is huge.

today is her birthday. Praying she is found alive

Step-grandmother of Kyla Hayton speaks about their last conversation

[...]

[LH] is hopeful Kyla will be found alive.

She said despite Burkhart’s body being found it hasn’t deterred the family’s mission to find Kyla and get answers.

“For me, I felt more hopeful, because she wasn’t there (at Dayton home). Maybe she’s somewhere else. Maybe she got away,” [LH] said.

Body found near site of where Mansfield man found dead

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A body has been found near the site of where a missing Mansfield man was found dead on Friday.

According to our 2 NEWS crew on scene in the 900 block of W. Stewart Street in Dayton, the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office arrived on the scene and a body was removed from a home near where Todd Burkhart, from Mansfield, was found dead on Friday.

On Monday, Montgomery County Coroner Dr. Kent Harshbarger ruled Burkhart’s death a homicide. Burkhart died on Nov. 17 as a result of multiple gunshot wounds, Dr. Harshbarger reported.
The couple was believed to have been traveling to Columbus and Dayton. Their vehicle was found abandoned on Wednesday with no evidence to indicate where they may have gone.

2 NEWS is on scene and working to learn more. The identity of the body has not been released.

Body found near site of where Mansfield man found dead

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A body has been found near the site of where a missing Mansfield man was found dead on Friday.

According to our 2 NEWS crew on scene in the 900 block of W. Stewart Street in Dayton, the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office arrived on the scene and a body was removed from a home near where Todd Burkhart, from Mansfield, was found dead on Friday.

On Monday, Montgomery County Coroner Dr. Kent Harshbarger ruled Burkhart’s death a homicide. Burkhart died on Nov. 17 as a result of multiple gunshot wounds, Dr. Harshbarger reported.
The couple was believed to have been traveling to Columbus and Dayton. Their vehicle was found abandoned on Wednesday with no evidence to indicate where they may have gone.

2 NEWS is on scene and working to learn more. The identity of the body has not been released.

Oh man, I think we all know it's her. I want to be optimistic, but it's too coincidental that they found this body not too far from Todd's.

LE certainly did not "give up" searching for her. If this isn't her, they will continue to keep searching until they find her.

Wonder if it's another abandoned home or someone's residence?

Odd that they separated them considering the plan or at least the end result was the same, *if* this is her I mean.
Maybe she ran off, trying to get away from the suspects, when she realized they were in danger. Unfortunately, it looks like they caught up to someone. What are the odds that this is unrelated?

I was keeping hope she was still alive.

Maybe she ran off, trying to get away from the suspects, when she realized they were in danger. Unfortunately, it looks like they caught up to someone. What are the odds that this is unrelated?

Me too. Nothing on her dads page so far. My heart breaks for him, They may have kept her alive longer than TB. What a sad story.

Or maybe she was injured and ran off and found a place to hide, but was too afraid to call for help or was unable to do so before it was too late. I hope it isn't her, but it seems unlikley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back