GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
mysteriew said:
Press conference:

In addition to two counts each of child endangerment and one count each of involuntary manslaughter, the Carrolls have been charged with two counts each of inducing panic and one count each of making a false alarm.

Liz Carroll has also been charged with two counts of perjury in relation to her grand-jury testimony.

Deters said he'd be meeting with Clermont County Prosecutor Don White to determine what other specific charges would be filed in Fiesel's death and where a trial would be held.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/9756535/detail.html

"[The murder charges] are inevitable. Whether it's here or in Clermont County, it's going to happen."

"Everybody's trying to find an excuse for this...they've got mental problems, or they're on drugs...Sometimes people are just evil."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/29/fiesel.html

http://www.wkrc.com/breaking/story.aspx?content_id=F144C190-55F0-4801-93FB-C6E04C7BE5B6
Great quote.

You know, what i guess i don't understand is why they wouldn't have taken the two foster children to the reunion. I understand that Marcus was probably a handful (not that thats a valid excuse) but no one has said anything about the other foster child being of special needs. Did they not want their family to know they had these extra children? Why would it even matter?

Hinebaughs said:
snip

“During recent interviews with the children … they have stated that their mom and dad get ‘really mad’ and hit them with belts and their hands,” according to the affidavits submitted by investigators for Clermont County Children’s Protective Services

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/NEWS01/308290016/1056

These horrible people are where they should be FOREVER!

So, CPS has been visiting this house weekly, instead of their normally monthly visits, but this is the first time this is coming out? :confused:

Jeana (DP) said:
So, CPS has been visiting this house weekly, instead of their normally monthly visits, but this is the first time this is coming out? :confused:
Well these statements were coming from their own children, who I'm sure were threatened to never tell...

californiacarrie said:
Well these statements were coming from their own children, who I'm sure were threatened to never tell...

Yes, I understand that, but they sure did give it up soon. How hard would it have been had they simply tried a bit harder??? There's no excuse to ever hit a child.

californiacarrie said:
You know, what i guess i don't understand is why they wouldn't have taken the two foster children to the reunion. I understand that Marcus was probably a handful (not that thats a valid excuse) but no one has said anything about the other foster child being of special needs. Did they not want their family to know they had these extra children? Why would it even matter?
They were likely afraid that some family members who were aware of the husband's violent history would spill what they knew to CPS or the foster care agency. If I encountered relatives like them at a reunion and found out they were fostering kids or doing daycare, I would be the first to raise the alarm with the authorities!

The money they received for the care of the foster kids was too important to them risk having one sane and responsible relative ruin it for them.

I'll bet the foster kids also would have had some outward signs of having been neglected and abused. Kinda hard to appear to be a happy little family with babies who are disoriented, staggering and puking.

I pray the children who are still alive will be raised by someone incredibly loving, patient, and strong. Thank God Michael is no longer suffering!

Susan

The article about the hearing on the children's custody is really worth reading. Just the history of frequent moves should have given the foster care agency reason to do more investigation before placing children with them.

State and County agencies are looking into the business practices of Lifeway for Youth.
http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=7CB75AD2-DD43-457F-A94A-C5739BD998C0

There's a growing effort today on both state and local levels to find out which agencies should shoulder some of the responsibility for Marcus' death.
http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=5D2E9F26-A746-48DE-9CE8-2D6752035CC9

"Not only do I consider me and Liz special people for a special needs child," said David Carroll. "Lifeway For Kids, our foster agency, says they also consider us to be special foster parents. We are up for the foster parents of the month award."
"He does understand love," said Liz Carroll. "He tells us he loves us. He knows the difference from the life he had, and the life he has with us." :sick:

Just breaks my heart entirely. Little Marcus only 3 years old, tied up like a mummy and left to die alone. He must have cried for hours. We can't even imagine his lonliness and his pain. May all 3 of these so called adults who chose to murder this baby rot in hell for their rest of their unworthy lives. I am glad that they have lost all their kids, they obviously did not love them, how sad that the other children probably suffered abuse too and witnessed the abuse to Marcus. They are now trained to believe abuse is just part of life.

Rest in peace little Marcus, you are with Jesus now, he is holding you and playing with you every day in Heaven. I'm sorry that the earthly people that you were entrusted to deceived you so, evil exists here on earth there is no doubt about that. Know that those who have betrayed you will be welcomed with open arms in the next life to a very hot closet as well and they will have eternity to burn as you did.

Fly sweet baby fly....

Hinebaughs said:
Right, I also read that someone(s) may have went to the house to "check on Marcus" or return a video or something and may have found him dead.

It stated somewhere that Liz and what's him name left the reunion abruptly at 3am (not sure if the time is accurate). Maybe this person called them and told them about Marcus and they rushed home to dispose of him.

If you find the link for that I would like to see it. That means that not only did that witness hear the child in there screaming, they knew that no one else was home. Did they break in and find the child alive and wait until he died or did they leave? And were they the first who found his body and called the Carroll's resulting in their 3 am trip home?
And then knowing what happened, in all the time of Marcus' body being burned, and all of the searches going on, never came forward with what they knew. If that is true, then I hope to heck they get charged too!

2beautifulboys said:
Just breaks my heart entirely. Little Marcus only 3 years old, tied up like a mummy and left to die alone. He must have cried for hours. We can't even imagine his lonliness and his pain. May all 3 of these so called adults who chose to murder this baby rot in hell for their rest of their unworthy lives. I am glad that they have lost all their kids, they obviously did not love them, how sad that the other children probably suffered abuse too and witnessed the abuse to Marcus. They are now trained to believe abuse is just part of life.

Rest in peace little Marcus, you are with Jesus now, he is holding you and playing with you every day in Heaven. I'm sorry that the earthly people that you were entrusted to deceived you so, evil exists here on earth there is no doubt about that. Know that those who have betrayed you will be welcomed with open arms in the next life to a very hot closet as well and they will have eternity to burn as you did.

Fly sweet baby fly....

I agree. He's now with all of the other innocents that we've mourned together over the years. TOO MANY of them.

A grand jury indicted the couple Monday on charges of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment, and David Carroll, 35, on a charge of gross abuse of a corpse.

Tuesday's indictments included two counts each of inducing panic and one count each of making false alarms. Liz Carroll, 30, also was indicted on two counts of perjury for her testimony Monday to a grand jury, Deters said.

The Carrolls are scheduled for arraignment Wednesday; they remain jailed and information on their attorneys wasn't available.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0830/marcus_fiesel_ap.html

I'm going to move this thread to the "found" forum now. :(

Here's my two cents. My parents were foster parent's for about 10 years after my brother and I had already moved away from home. I think they were suffereing from empty nest syndrom, along with wanting some extra cash to help them in their new retirement. They had to go to many classes to be qualified before they could even take any kids, then they had to continue to take so many classes every year. I'm trying to remember if they did foster care for the county or a private organization, but I can't remember. I know they said one paid more than the other. They were never allowed to hit a child. As far as I know they never did. They also had a child with severe emotional problems. There was one girl who would hit, and curse, and tear up her bedroom. I'm sure it was not easy, and my parents had already been through all that with us. But, when things got bad there was always respite care. It was kind of like baby sitting amongst foster parents so parents could take a breather or go on vacation without the children. Usually my parents took their kids with them, but one time when they visited me they left the children with respite. The respite parents were in the process of adopting the kids so they were in good hands. My point, just because you go somewhere without your foster kids doesn't mean you killed them. Maybe they told members of the family they were with another family temporarily. Don't get me wrong, I think these people are lower than scum, and I do believe more people knew about this.

Liz Carroll bond 10 million 100 thousand. Pled not guilty.
David Carroll bond 10 million 100 thousand dollars. Pled not guilty.

On both the judges words were identical. It is alleged that they were a flight risk, both showed a history of lying to law enforcement, history of frequent moves, parents of children who could be at risk if they were free.
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/9763451/detail.html

gardenmom said:
Why is this in located? Has he been found?

There isn't enough left to know for sure yet:

"They went back repeatedly to burn his body -- two or three times," Deters said.

Authorities believe they have found the place where the body was burned, and they have brought back bags of evidence from the scene, Deters said.

Jeana (DP) said:
There isn't enough left to know for sure yet:

"They went back repeatedly to burn his body -- two or three times," Deters said.

Authorities believe they have found the place where the body was burned, and they have brought back bags of evidence from the scene, Deters said.

Mostly what they found was a 'burn spot' where Baker says that he was burned. Some things were taken from there to the lab for identification. It has been alleged that David Carroll took what was left from the burning to the Ohio River and dumped it, divers are now searching at the river.

mysteriew said:
Mostly what they found was a 'burn spot' where Baker says that he was burned. Some things were taken from there to the lab for identification. It has been alleged that David Carroll took what was left from the burning to the Ohio River and dumped it, divers are now searching at the river.

Yes, that's so sad. This just gets worse and worse. That poor little guy can't even have a decent burial.

The social worker who was visiting the home and last saw Marcus was there on the third. They left for the reunion on the 4 th. By the third they should have already known that they were going to the reunion. They should also have had some idea if they were going to take him or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back