GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so sad over this. I just can't wrap my mind around something so heinious. It breaks my heart and makes me cry for this little guy. He never had a chance.

mysteriew said:
If you find the link for that I would like to see it. That means that not only did that witness hear the child in there screaming, they knew that no one else was home. Did they break in and find the child alive and wait until he died or did they leave? And were they the first who found his body and called the Carroll's resulting in their 3 am trip home?
And then knowing what happened, in all the time of Marcus' body being burned, and all of the searches going on, never came forward with what they knew. If that is true, then I hope to heck they get charged too!
I found it

Family members say they had no clue on boy's fate
BY JIM HANNAH | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER
WILLIAMSTOWN - Liz and David Carroll Jr. enjoyed playing horseshoes, cornhole and swimming at a family reunion in rural Kentucky while, investigators say, their 3-year-old foster child was dying in a closet back at their home in Clermont County.

The couple did not even mention the foster child's name, Marcus Fiesel, at the reunion, said Marteal Martin, the gathering's host and Liz Carroll's aunt.

"We just found out they were keeping foster children," Martin said while television news accounts of the arrest blared in the background. "I only see them once a year at the family reunion. We live way down here in Kentucky away from everybody."

While investigators say the Carrolls left Marcus behind Aug. 4, Martin said her niece did not arrive at the reunion until Aug. 5.

She said Liz Carroll was accompanied by her husband, their four children and a woman who lived with them at their home.

The only unusual thing Martin recalled Monday was the Carrolls packed up and abruptly left the party at 3 a.m. Aug. 6.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/NEWS01/608290348

EDITED BY DP TO CONFORM TO TOS REGARDING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ;)

EDITED BY DP TO CONFORM TO TOS REGARDING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry about that - I don't know the rules about that yet. I'll do some research on the board for those rules before I post a link again. Thank you.

Thanks Hinebaughs. Yet the article is still not talking about the witness, though I think your theory could be correct. They had to have had some reason for getting themselves and their children up at 3 am to drive home.

Hinebaughs said:
EDITED BY DP TO CONFORM TO TOS REGARDING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
I'm sorry about that - I don't know the rules about that yet. I'll do some research on the board for those rules before I post a link again. Thank you.

No problem!!! Just put a few paragraphs from the story and the link and you'll be fine!!!

mysteriew said:
Thanks Hinebaughs. Yet the article is still not talking about the witness, though I think your theory could be correct. They had to have had some reason for getting themselves and their children up at 3 am to drive home.
Maybe the girlfriend left earlier then they did. I wonder if they've checked Liz's cell phone records to see if she received a call around 2am, and who the call came from.

Prosecutor: Tape-wrapped boy left in closet to die

CINCINNATI, Ohio (AP) -- The foster parents of a disabled 3-year-old boy wrapped him like a cocoon and left him for two days in a closet, where he died while they attended a family reunion, a prosecutor said.

The couple made several attempts to burn Marcus Fiesel's body and concocted an elaborate sham to cover up the boy's death, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Tuesday.

story.marcus.ap.jpg

This undated photo released by the family
shows Marcus Fiesel with candy on his mouth.

story.parentscharged.ap.jpg

Liz Carroll, Marcus Fiesel's foster mother,
told reporters on August 22 that the boy
had disappeared.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/30/parents.charged.ap/index.html

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes, I understand that, but they sure did give it up soon. How hard would it have been had they simply tried a bit harder??? There's no excuse to ever hit a child.
Well no longer being in their parents custody probably helped....

californiacarrie said:
Well no longer being in their parents custody probably helped....

Very true. Poor babies. How anyone could take a hand to a child I'll never understand.

gardenmom said:
Here's my two cents. My parents were foster parent's for about 10 years after my brother and I had already moved away from home. I think they were suffereing from empty nest syndrom, along with wanting some extra cash to help them in their new retirement. They had to go to many classes to be qualified before they could even take any kids, then they had to continue to take so many classes every year. I'm trying to remember if they did foster care for the county or a private organization, but I can't remember. I know they said one paid more than the other. They were never allowed to hit a child. As far as I know they never did. They also had a child with severe emotional problems. There was one girl who would hit, and curse, and tear up her bedroom. I'm sure it was not easy, and my parents had already been through all that with us. But, when things got bad there was always respite care. It was kind of like baby sitting amongst foster parents so parents could take a breather or go on vacation without the children. Usually my parents took their kids with them, but one time when they visited me they left the children with respite. The respite parents were in the process of adopting the kids so they were in good hands. My point, just because you go somewhere without your foster kids doesn't mean you killed them. Maybe they told members of the family they were with another family temporarily. Don't get me wrong, I think these people are lower than scum, and I do believe more people knew about this.
This, gardenmom, is something I thought of as well. I suppose there are several reasons why it wasnt used in this case. It's possible that the family didn't want the foster agency to think that they were incapable. Or they didnt want to loose any ammount of income for that time period. And it's also possible that they asked for the respite and told that there was none available. Or maybe in the past they had asked for it for another occasion and were told that it wasn't a possibility. Or hell, it's even possible that they had no idea respite care existed. Sadly, some agencies just dont do the work to make sure the service is offered. Of course, at this point in time, I'm more likely to believe it was a selfish decision but I thought I'd throw it out there.

This makes me sick at my stomach. I thought something was fishy when I first read the story of him being missing from the park. May these monsters rot in hell.:behindbar That poor little boy. At least he will suffer no more at the hands of those idiots.

Anybody local who is reading here be sure and watch WKRC broadcasts to see if they air the 'interview' that Deborah Dixon did with Liz Carroll on her way into court today.
Liz didn't respond to any questions, but the questions she was asked- well they were interesting.
As best as I can remember they went something like this-
Liz you went on tv and told how much you love this boy, do you have anything more you want to say now? Head down, no response.
After all you said on tv, don't you think you owe the citizens of Hamilton Co. some answers? Head down no response.
Liz, you were providing foster care for Marcus, how do you feel now that your own children are in foster care? Head down, no response.
Amy Baker has said that she had no involvement in what happened to Marcus, can you tell me- did she have any involvement with what happened?
Head down, and I think I heard a mumbled yes.
I just checked and the video isn't posted yet, but it is worth watching.

Penelope631 said:
Prosecutor: Tape-wrapped boy left in closet to die

CINCINNATI, Ohio (AP) -- The foster parents of a disabled 3-year-old boy wrapped him like a cocoon and left him for two days in a closet, where he died while they attended a family reunion, a prosecutor said.

The couple made several attempts to burn Marcus Fiesel's body and concocted an elaborate sham to cover up the boy's death, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Tuesday.

story.marcus.ap.jpg

This undated photo released by the family
shows Marcus Fiesel with candy on his mouth.

story.parentscharged.ap.jpg

Liz Carroll, Marcus Fiesel's foster mother,
told reporters on August 22 that the boy
had disappeared.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/30/parents.charged.ap/index.html

Look at this picture in the above and tell me how someone could harm him, much less burn him. I've got a 6 year old who looks very similar and I swear he just melts my heart, as does this picture of Marcus. What is wrong with people they could do this? They're lacking something...

mysteriew said:
Anybody local who is reading here be sure and watch WKRC broadcasts to see if they air the 'interview' that Deborah Dixon did with Liz Carroll on her way into court today.
Liz didn't respond to any questions, but the questions she was asked- well they were interesting.
As best as I can remember they went something like this-
Liz you went on tv and told how much you love this boy, do you have anything more you want to say now? Head down, no response.
After all you said on tv, don't you think you owe the citizens of Hamilton Co. some answers? Head down no response.
Liz, you were providing foster care for Marcus, how do you feel now that your own children are in foster care? Head down, no response.
Amy Baker has said that she had no involvement in what happened to Marcus, can you tell me- did she have any involvement with what happened?
Head down, and I think I heard a mumbled yes.
I just checked and the video isn't posted yet, but it is worth watching.
I want to know when they are going to charge the girlfriend? She went with them to the "renunion" and had to know what they did to him. She could have called the authorities. She is just as guilty as they are:furious:

Juliana said:
Look at this picture in the above and tell me how someone could harm him, much less burn him. I've got a 6 year old who looks very similar and I swear he just melts my heart, as does this picture of Marcus. What is wrong with people they could do this? They're lacking something...
It is totally outrageous that kids are placed with people like this in the first place.I f there are any questions over carers children should be removed.A child with any handicapp howerver,severe or mild ,needs to be placed with carers who are devoted to that childs future.Not somewhere with broods of other kids.It is hard work looking after handicapped people they need lots of understanding.Poor Marcus had no say in where he was put it is up to the pwers that be.He is a 'voiceless' victim of a system that does not always work.

His Foster parents are low-life and do not deserve their own kids let alone the'gift' of looking after someone elses child.

bakerprune64 said:
I want to know when they are going to charge the girlfriend? She went with them to the "renunion" and had to know what they did to him. She could have called the authorities. She is just as guilty as they are:furious:
I think the DA alluded to that if she had involvement in harming the child that she would be charged. From all the weirdness surrounding this case I think it is a matter of time before charges come down on her.

californiacarrie said:
It sound like (from the other thread) the girlfriend may have been the one that finally squealed...

She did squeal....probably to save her own butt. She knew exactly what happened. She went to the reunion with them and came back with them. Who knows, she may have even helped bind the poor little guy and put him in that closet.

I want to know where the other foster child was while the family was gone and Marcus was in the closet. They didn't take that child with them because Liz's family didn't even know they had foster kids. The second child had to have been a special needs child because they received $3,000 a month for the two foster kids. I'm sure that they didn't leave that child to roam through the house for a few days. I just wonder if he/she was placed into the closet too but didn't die.

I saw these two on the news last night. I felt like spitting on them but then I would have had to clean my TV off. Two worthless human beings. Did they really think that they wouldn't get caught????

bakerprune64 said:

Basically what the prosecutor said is that without Baker there would have been no case against the foster parents. If she hadn't told the truth (in the Grand Jury) they would still not know what happened. And for that reason he said he is not going to charge her at this time. But he said if there is any indication that she ever hurt Marcus, she will be charged.

I'm not sure, but I think the reasoning at this point is that even though she knew and could have prevented it by reporting, she was not in charge of Marcus. The fact that she did tell the Grand Jury and that she is now cooperating is why she is not being charged. Also, I would imagine that they need her testimony in the court case against the Carroll's and that may factor into it also.

I want to see her charged, but I guess if I had to choose- I would rather make sure the Carroll's are convicted and if letting her off is required in order to do that, as long as she didn't actively hurt him then I can live with it.

I think that there are very very many good foster parents. Unfortunately, I believe the need is too great and not enough come forward. What the states are left with, unfortunately, are people taking in these children for the wrong reasons. Financial reasons. Until there's a solution, we're just going to keep hearing more and more of these stories. These people can't even care for themselves and the "too many" children they bring into the world. To give them care, custody and control of a child that they have no bond with just so they can get that check in the mail every month is a recipe for disaster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back