GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do people like this become foster parents in the first place.....these poor babies

They became foster parents because someone simply didn't do a good job (in fact they did a terrible job). From what I've read the blame goes to the private agency that the county hired. The paperwork that the county received made the Carrolls look perfect. I think it's a combination of someone cutting corners and a need for stricter rules. I can't believe I am saying that because it already seems like there are too many steps to becoming a foster/adoptive parent in Ohio (I am an adoptive parent in the county where Marcus' bio mom lives). But there is no better example than Marcus to prove that every single rule and hurdle we go through to foster and/or adopt here has a reason.

Couple Face New Charges in Boy's Death

BATAVIA, Ohio (AP) — The foster parents of a 3-year-old disabled boy who died after being wrapped in a blanket and packing tape for two days were indicted Wednesday on murder and kidnapping charges. Prosecutors have accused Liz and David Carroll Jr. of wrapping Marcus Fiesel in the blanket and tape and leaving him in a closet while they went to a family reunion in Kentucky in August.

The boy was dead when the Carrolls returned two days later, authorities said.

The couple initially were charged in neighboring Hamilton County, where they were accused of concocting an Aug. 15 report that the boy had gone missing from a public park. Hundreds of searchers helped look for the boy for four days.

Besides the new murder and kidnapping charges, the grand jury in Clermont County indicted the Carrolls on charges of involuntary manslaughter, kidnapping, felonious assault and endangering children. David Carroll also was charged with gross abuse of a corpse. The murder count carries 15 years to life in prison if convicted.

Both Carrolls are expected to be arraigned Thursday.

Authorities have said the Carrolls took in the special needs child to reap the payments for his foster care. Messages left Wednesday with their attorneys were not returned.

The boy's birth mother, Donna Trevino, filed a $5 million wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the Carrolls, Butler County authorities and Lifeway for Youth Inc., the agency that placed the child with the Carrolls. The boy and two other children were removed from Trevino's home in April after allegations of neglect.

Lifeway has said the Carrolls lied about their backgrounds and living arrangements and didn't report a domestic violence charge against David Carroll in June as required. That charge was later dismissed.

Officials are investigating the handling of the case.

mum33004 said:
Couple Face New Charges in Boy's Death

BATAVIA, Ohio (AP) — The foster parents of a 3-year-old disabled boy who died after being wrapped in a blanket and packing tape for two days were indicted Wednesday on murder and kidnapping charges. Prosecutors have accused Liz and David Carroll Jr. of wrapping Marcus Fiesel in the blanket and tape and leaving him in a closet while they went to a family reunion in Kentucky in August.

The boy was dead when the Carrolls returned two days later, authorities said.

The couple initially were charged in neighboring Hamilton County, where they were accused of concocting an Aug. 15 report that the boy had gone missing from a public park. Hundreds of searchers helped look for the boy for four days.

Besides the new murder and kidnapping charges, the grand jury in Clermont County indicted the Carrolls on charges of involuntary manslaughter, kidnapping, felonious assault and endangering children. David Carroll also was charged with gross abuse of a corpse. The murder count carries 15 years to life in prison if convicted.

Both Carrolls are expected to be arraigned Thursday.

Authorities have said the Carrolls took in the special needs child to reap the payments for his foster care. Messages left Wednesday with their attorneys were not returned.

The boy's birth mother, Donna Trevino, filed a $5 million wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the Carrolls, Butler County authorities and Lifeway for Youth Inc., the agency that placed the child with the Carrolls. The boy and two other children were removed from Trevino's home in April after allegations of neglect.

Lifeway has said the Carrolls lied about their backgrounds and living arrangements and didn't report a domestic violence charge against David Carroll in June as required. That charge was later dismissed.

Officials are investigating the handling of the case.
WHY WHY WHY??? What is wrong with people? I have a 2-1/2 year old son and I cannot imagine. Why do these people do these things? I just don't understand how somebody could hurt an innocent baby? I hope these people get what they deserve...

mum33004 said:
WHY WHY WHY??? What is wrong with people? I have a 2-1/2 year old son and I cannot imagine. Why do these people do these things? I just don't understand how somebody could hurt an innocent baby? I hope these people get what they deserve...

To All the child molesters, serial killers, child killers...

You can throw your rock, hide your hand,
Workin in the dark against your fellow man.
But as sure as God made black and white,
What's done in the dark,
Will be brought to the light.

You can run on for a long time,
Run on for a long time,
Run on for a long time,
Sooner, or later, God'll cut you down.
- Johnny Cash

mum33004 said:
mum33004 said:

To All the child molesters, serial killers, child killers...

You can throw your rock, hide your hand,
Workin in the dark against your fellow man.
But as sure as God made black and white,
What's done in the dark,
Will be brought to the light.

You can run on for a long time,
Run on for a long time,
Run on for a long time,
- Johnny Cash
Truer words I have never heard.God bless Mr. Cash he was a terrific songwriter. Let's hope his words ring true for these cruel child killers.

Why do the murder charges only add up to 15 years each? They murdered this little boy and they should serve LWOP for that. I don't understand why it is only 15 lousy years. I hope that all of the charges total LWOP. These monsters should never get out of prison.

Watch your back you child killers. You are going to be hated in prison and someone will probably catch you out in the yard and end your lives just like you ended the life of that innocent little boy. I hope that you are tortured before you take your last breath. Think about that little boy with his arms taped behind his back...wrapped like a mummy...stuck in a little closet that was probably so hot he couldn't breathe as he slowly died. Your death has to at least be as horrible as his was. More power to the convicts who decide to take your sentence into their own hands. May they never get caught.

I think that is why they added the kidnapping charge; they want to put these people away for as long as they can!

Sheromom said:
I think that is why they added the kidnapping charge; they want to put these people away for as long as they can!

How many years does a person get for kidnapping now days? I remember when that pervert that murdered Emily Reimel was sentenced for kidnapping her and it doesn't seem like he got a long long time. I just hope all of the charges combined add up to LWOP. These animals should never get out. And they should never see their kids again.

I just read on the Crimes in the News forum here that more charges have been added. Can't remember what all they are but I do remember that 1st degree murder is one that both of those monsters are charged with. The article said that that would give them each 15 yrs each...which is nothing for taking the life of that little guy. I'm hoping that all of the charges total will add up to them never getting out of prison.

LE has stated that the only reason that they took this little guy was for the money they received for a special needs child. I despise those people. I hope some of those rough tough convicts in prison don't give these two a moments peace or worse.

I think thirty years is the maximum. With all the different charges, though, the judge will have the option of having the sentences run consecutively rather than concurrently; which could add up to a lot of years!!! I HOPE that is the plan. I wish they could receive the death penalty myself!!!

Why wouldn't this be first degree murder? Surely most people would realize that by doing what they did, the child could indeed die? Stupidity should never be an excuse.

Malapoo said:
Why wouldn't this be first degree murder? Surely most people would realize that by doing what they did, the child could indeed die? Stupidity should never be an excuse.
This should be 1st degree murder. These idiotic so-called "foster parents" should be given that charge. This really bothers me badly. What about the all the years of life that little angel lost? Those people who I don't even consider human will get what they deserve come judgement day.

I agree with Bobbisangel! 15 years would be too little and it makes me sick to think about it. They are both in their 30s and would get out under the age of 50!?? I just have to believe that all of the charges combined would add up to more than that. It's a good sign that their bail was set so high - to me that means at least one judge is not giving them an inch.

I also think that they probably left their other foster child alone without care that weekend (others in the forum have mentioned it too). I highly doubt that this was the first time they left those kids. I hope that this can be proven - it may add more charges.

And I think that other family members know what happened that weekend in August and about prior neglect/abuse. Maybe they can get some testimony (and add more charges) in exchange for immunity. I don't know enough of the legal stuff but I think that anyone who knew about it and did nothing should be legally responsible and should tell about it to save their own butts.

Malapoo said:

Not only should they have known he could die, but they certainly had to know that even if he survived that being left bound like that in a blanket in a closet for 2 days is tantamount to the worst kind of torture I can think of. Physical pain, fear, seclusion, darkness, hunger, muscle cramps, no one to change his diaper when he soiled himself....it had to be terrifying beyond all measure... they at least knew he would experience those things for what would seem like an endless amount of time to a child causing emotional and mental harm and that he would most likely suffer some measure of physical harm from lack of food, water, and just from being bound that way. To me that is almost worse than death to leave him to suffer like that. People know better than to do this even to a pet much less a toddler. Why is this crime not a life sentence or DP crime? It certainly should be.

Another sad story.
What the *ell are wrong with parents these days...??:furious:
I stay away from threads like this for a few days, then finally read them.
Makes me sick...
The poor children, child in this case.

If people don't want to take care of them, then give them up...

:angel:

Pharlap said:
Another sad story.
What the *ell are wrong with parents these days...??:furious:
I stay away from threads like this for a few days, then finally read them.
Makes me sick...
The poor children, child in this case.

If people don't want to take care of them, then give them up...

:angel:
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

That is just so sad. All that was left of that baby was a few pieces of bones. They all most did it. They almost burned him up all of the way.

I think the city should save the price of two trials and just tape those two up and gag them. Throw them in a empty small closet...each alone...and leave them there. Let them get the feel of what that little guy went through. Make sure it is sweltering in the closets too as I'm sure it was while this little guy died second by long second.

Was it the heat that killed him? Dehydration? Or maybe he hit his head real hard thrashing around? I don't think I've heard anything other than that he was dead when they returned. I guess we'll never know. I can't stand to think about this one for long!

Sheromom said:
Was it the heat that killed him? Dehydration? Or maybe he hit his head real hard thrashing around? I don't think I've heard anything other than that he was dead when they returned. I guess we'll never know. I can't stand to think about this one for long!

There is probably no way of telling now. I can't stand to think of what he went through either. He was just a baby. Those people should never get out of prison and the girlfriend should be charged too as she did nothing to help him. She could have called LE from that family reunion and told them to get that baby out of that closet. I'll bet she even has a cell phone. She could have saved his life but I guess that creepy husband meant more to her than the helpless little Marcus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi
Back