GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone want to link to MSM about an officially named POI/suspect? Oh, there isn't one?

First and foremost, Websleuths is victim friendly. Do NOT make accusations against anyone, especially family, unless/until someone is officially named.

Splitting a hard-earned 401K with an ex can be maddening.

My husband had to split his very nice 401k when his ex cheated on him and divorced him. She never worked a day in her life while he works 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Does he hate her guts? You betcha. Did he kill her? Nope. However the divorce cost him 6 figures in legal fees alone, so yes divorce can be super expensive and frustrating. But it beats jail. JMO

Do members of the community need to be watching out for the suspect? Should they worry about their safety?

RSBM

Yes, that made me suspicious-- maybe too premature. But, if this was random-- the ENTIRE community needs to be on the alert !!
Who might be targeted next ?
And thus far, I'm not sensing that kind of urgency from LE

If the son with special needs was a witness -- he can probably attest to any strangers in the house.
That's assuming he's verbal.
Hopefully he didn't see the murder happen. :(

:moo:

Yes that what it looks like to me. But I keep wondering who was taking care of the baby (and Kyle, if he needs supervision) before Melinda got home? Because acc to Bruce he did not speak to her again after the early afternoon conversation about dinner. That means when she came home, Bruce (and son in law?) were already out. So who was there with the baby and Kyle? And when did that person leave? They were probably the last adult to see Melinda alive.
SABBM

Good points , esp. that last bit !

Hmmmmm...... It'd also be interesting to know if Melinda received any calls/texts that day ; or if she seemed concerned about anything.

So, husband and wife made plans for dinner. Husband and son-in-law go out somewhere until 8:30? I mean, my husband and I eat late dinner, so it's plausible timing, but, at first blush, that sounds like alibi makin' for a hit to me.

According to the husband's 911 call they were supposed to eat at 4:30 pm in the afternoon, but Melinda never contacted him.

RSBM

Yes, that made me suspicious-- maybe too premature. But, if this was random-- the ENTIRE community needs to be on the alert !!
Who might be targeted next ?
And thus far, I'm not sensing that kind of urgency from LE

If the son with special needs was a witness -- he can probably attest to any strangers in the house.
That's assuming he's verbal.
Hopefully he didn't see the murder happen. :(

I think he's verbal. I saw him in a video of Ramona's Kids playing soccer.

According to the husband's 911 call they were supposed to eat at 4:30 pm in the afternoon, but Melinda never contacted him.

So he just went out for 4 hours & wasn't worried?

(That's a question, not an accusation.)

BTW, the reason I am interested in this case is that my dad is very close friends with the Strongsville Police Chief. That's all I can say for now....TOS...but we should be hearing more very soon in MSM.

BTW, the reason I am interested in this case is that my dad is very close friends with the Strongsville Police Chief. That's all I can say for now....TOS...but we should be hearing more very soon in MSM.

Good question!

What are you basing the four hours on? He could have gone earlier than 4.30pm, or later?

I find it odd that he didn't try to call Melinda when he didn't hear back from her regarding the dinner, but simply spend the evening elsewhere. If my husband and I had loose plans for a dinner and then he wouldn't call me back to confirm or whatever, I would certainly call him to find out one way or the other and not just go and do something else. But that's just me. Maybe their marriage was different. :thinking: Or maybe she said, if you don't hear back from me just go with sol, or something.

Let's see.. what was it he said on the 911 call? "We've had people trying to break into the house all year."

(That's another question, not an accusation.)

Melindas' obituary :(
obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?n=melinda-j-pleskovic&pid=187043311&fhid=5562

Also -- from Tillicum's link :
fox8.com/2017/10/25/strongsville-teacher-called-police-to-report-break-in-weeks-before-her-murder/
In September, Melinda Pleskovic reported that someone kept setting off the alarm of a car parked in the driveway after a set of keys went missing.

Neighbors whose homes immediately surround the victims' said they had not had any trouble with break-ins or other suspicious activity.

Certainly seems like they were targeted.... why ???

Another question -- if only the 1 year old grandchild and the 18 yr. old with Downs' were at home during the break in/murder ....did anyone else stop by ?
If Melinda was to meet him at 4:30 -- did the husband try to text or call her ?
Since he came back to the house after eating out with his son-in-law by 8:30 pm.
If my spouse was supposed to meet me at 4:30 -- I'd drive home to see why he wasn't taking any calls/texts. More because I like him to be with me as planned... even though I was already meeting others for dinner.
Not fully understanding how their timeline went that night.

Was their home being targeted by teens for meds ? Was anyone in the house taking pain killers ?

How was the 18 year old ; did he have any anger issues ?
Some people in our city that had a special needs son had to place him in a group home as he had become difficult to control. But it wasn't Downs', it was a form of encephalitis.
Afaik, Down's children and adults are gentle and easy to care for.

What are you basing the four hours on? He could have gone earlier than 4.30pm, or later?

I find it odd that he didn't try to call Melinda when he didn't hear back from her regarding the dinner, but simply spend the evening elsewhere. If my husband and I had loose plans for a dinner and then he wouldn't call me back to confirm or whatever, I would certainly call him to find out one way or the other and not just go and do something else. But that's just me. Maybe their marriage was different. :thinking: Or maybe she said, if you don't hear back from me just go with sol, or something.

Or maybe he tried to call or text and got no response?

The incidents with the teens sounded more like pranks but the times the grown man or men tried to get in the door are alarming. Someone must've known the two grown men who lived there would be gone for awhile.

The killer would most likely have blood on him/her, especially when there was repeated stabbing. If nobody inside the house had blood on them when husband and sol and then police arrived, the killer must have left the house in blood stained clothes. I hope someone (neighbours?) has cameras and they are being looked at. Or someone noticed a family member coming home with blood stains on them.

Anything is possible. But he says on the 911 call that they were supposed to meet at 4:30 for dinner and he never heard from her. He got home at 8:30. So four hours went by from the time they were supposed to meet, and the time he found her body. During those four hours, he was with the future son-in-law, who never mentioned the husband had been trying to reach her for four hours.

If my husband told me he was going to meet me at 4:30, and didn't call me to discuss where to meet... I would be mildly irritated if he didn't call me by 5:30. I'd be pissed by 6. Then after two hours went by, I would be worried sick.

I wonder how many times he tried to call her to see why she hadn't contacted him.

Sorry if too graphic :

Stabbing is messy and bloody. From reading about other cases -- like the murder of Darlie Routier's sons. There was blood everywhere.
Mostly on the floor-- but there was spatter as well ; iirc.

So, there are stained clothes somewhere outside or hidden in someone's house.
Anyone in town have a friend or relative who had to do a lot of laundry that evening ?
Has LE checked the dumpsters for anything thrown away ?

Feels like grasping at straws.
Depending on time of death--- wouldn't the 18 year old have tried to go for help ? Is he able to do this ?
If it was a 3 or 4 year old, they might even try to 'clean up mom' ; or something like that.
Wiping up with towels, etc. Not understanding she was dead, and not 'hurt', or just asleep.

If she was killed soon after getting home and watching her son and the 1 year old-- that was a long time for those kids to have to be alone with her.
Just terrible to even imagine. :(

The killer would most likely have blood on him/her, especially when there was repeated stabbing. If nobody inside the house had blood on them when husband and sol and then police arrived, the killer must have left the house in blood stained clothes. I hope someone (neighbours?) has cameras and they are being looked at. Or someone noticed a family member coming home with blood stains on them.

Why would they have to leave in blood stained clothes? Let's say, hypothetically, a completely hypothetical husband stabs his wife to death at 3:30. He can then put all of his bloody clothes into a plastic trash bag, take a shower, get dressed in clean clothes, leave the house with the trash bag, toss it in a dumpster somewhere, and go meet a hypothetical son-in-law for dinner.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back