Identified! OH - North Bend, 'Pearl Lady' 606UFOH, 55-75, Nov'06 - Barbara Precht

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know if the Does ears were pierced? I saw that no earrings were found but no mention of piercings.

That's a good question. The Doe file says no earrings were located, so I don't know if that means her ears were pierced or not. I don't see a mention of ear piercing or earrings in any news reports. I did call Ottawa MP unit to ask about dentals, but the case manager won't be back until Tuesday.

Oh Snuf - I would so love to see a match for this lovely UID!!! IDK, her face looks longer than Sheila's to me and her eyebrows are not as pronounced. Still, plenty of folks here see a resemblance so it's worth a try!

I've always felt this UID had maybe lost the love of her life and ended her own life as a result, with no children or other family to report her missing. Just my theory.

You ROCK at this!!!!

Oh Snuf - I would so love to see a match for this lovely UID!!! IDK, her face looks longer than Sheila's to me and her eyebrows are not as pronounced. Still, plenty of folks here see a resemblance so it's worth a try!

I've always felt this UID had maybe lost the love of her life and ended her own life as a result, with no children or other family to report her missing. Just my theory.

You ROCK at this!!!!
I took a closer peek at Ms. Adamo's eyebrows, and I think they're penciled, her natural brows almost look like they don't exist. I started thinking she was dressed very light for late November, but it appears OH was in the midst of an indian summer.http://www.wtov9.com/weather/10581390/detail.html

I always wonder what she did for Thanksgiving that year. Did she have somewhere to go? Maybe her spouse had died recently? How and why did she end up in that cold river? I hope someday her mystery is solved.

Appreciating All.
Snuffles (i have a horrible cold right now)

Snufamonbobball,

I agree with the others you're very good at matching. However on this one, the UID's face is thinner and longer, and she has a stronger chin than Adamo. Also, while the noses are similar, I see a difference. Adamo's nose is wider where the nostrils flare, and the UID's nose has a little rounded protrusion on the end. It's more bulbous than Adamo's. Yet, the two ladies have similar looks. JMO

justthinkin, there was a time period between when she was last seen and the UID was recovered and a weight discrepancy. Is it possible that she lost weight, which would change the jawline and face shape a bit? I know when I gain weight, my face shoes it first.

Hey, Snuf - Sorry bout the cold that was me, I gave it to you.
But, in all seriousness, I think Adamo's eyebrows are penciled on too. But I could be wrong. I'm still not that great at telling makeup from odd features.

There is a thread for this woman, but I wanted to put up the photo warning in the title, so if you want to combine the threads Mods, feel free!!:dance:

I ran across this woman tonight and thought I would get some feedback.:twocents::twocents::twocents:

Sheila Adamo:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/adamo_sheila.html

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/serving_ottawa/major_crime/missing_main.cfm

Namus File:
https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=4969

Doe File:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/606ufoh.html

Side by Sides:.

I like it, I think it's strong enough to give consideration.

Where did you find the pics you posted?
I think that if Doe added them to her page, someone might find her as the sketches aren't as good as her actual face.

Called Ms. Adamo's investigator, but she isn't in, so I have emailed the info to her.

Well, the plot thickens. Got a call from Ms. Adamo's investigator today. Apparently Ms. Adamo has had no dental work done and she has no surgical scars, she also thinks there is a good resemblance and is going to request DNA from Pearl. One thing I had noticed (it probably doesn't mean a thing) is Ms. Adamo went missing just before a holiday, and Pearl was found just after a holiday.
So we'll see what happens.

Well, the plot thickens. Got a call from Ms. Adamo's investigator today. Apparently Ms. Adamo has had no dental work done and she has no surgical scars, she also thinks there is a good resemblance and is going to request DNA from Pearl. One thing I had noticed (it probably dosen't mean a thing) is Ms. Adamo went missing just before a holiday, and Pearl was found just after a holiday.
So we'll see what happens.

It's pretty rare, isn't it, to have someone with no dental work at all? I think this is a job well done, Snuf.

This would not be the first case, btw, of a person from Ontario traveling to the US to commit suicide, only to end up unidentified there for a long time. A friend's fiance left from Southern Ontario, drove for hours, and ended up killing himself in Michigan. He was in a Detroit morgue for over a year until - surprize! - an unidentified persons buff was cruising the missing persons in Ontario and put two and two together.

But it really is not uncommon for someone who has gotten lost in despair to just drive and drive and drive, and even be able to keep it together well enough to cross the border, etc.

Thanks for the updates on this case!

I would think you wouldn't find too many 60 something year old females with no dental work and no cavities and having no scars, but after you do this for a while, you discover there are a lot of people who look remarkably similar!

I'm pleased her investigator feels Pearl is a possibility, it's good to know you aren't in outer space for a potential match and when I know something, I'll let you know.

:)
Appreciating Fall.
Snuf

I appreciate you (I appreciate fall too!). You are very inspiring in your dedication and eye for detail. It's really great to have you around.

Plot thickening is good. It's not a no, and there is still hope that the doe will find her name and Pearl's family will have closure.

It's pretty rare, isn't it, to have someone with no dental work at all? I think this is a job well done, Snuf.

This would not be the first case, btw, of a person from Ontario traveling to the US to commit suicide, only to end up unidentified there for a long time. A friend's fiance left from Southern Ontario, drove for hours, and ended up killing himself in Michigan. He was in a Detroit morgue for over a year until - surprize! - an unidentified persons buff was cruising the missing persons in Ontario and put two and two together.

But it really is not uncommon for someone who has gotten lost in despair to just drive and drive and drive, and even be able to keep it together well enough to cross the border, etc.

Thanks for the updates on this case!

Whyaduck, this is a good point. Where the Doe was found was a straight shot from Buffalo. And Buffalo is just over the border from Ontario.

Once again I think you have definitely found another match! Just know Snufamonbobball that you are making the world a better place for us with all your hard work!

Good job Snuf. Looking closely at Ms. Adamo's photo, she seems to have a slight flare to her left nostril, more than the other side (maybe a deviated septum). The UID seems to have a slightly flared left nostril also. It shows up a little more in the larger morgue photo.
If this is not a match, I would be surprised.
Snuf, how do you do this? You are very organized.

Re: the time lag - can we confirm this?

Sheila Adamo is listed as missing since 2004 but as age 61. That could be her age when the file was posted or it could be a discrepancy meaning that she went missing later.

(Although looking at the police site lots of people have their age when posted missing, rather than their current age or age when missing, so I guess not).

I have difficulty in imagining that Sheila was missing for 2 1/2 years before presumptively committing suicide but there's usually a reason as to why bodies are unidentified ... so yeah, definitely could be a match.

The UID's Namus file has been removed.... I wonder why?

We don't know if it was suicide, accident, or murder. Her autopsy didn't show any trauma other than what was caused by a high fall, so anything is possible.

About the length of time, I don't know. Statistics support that a MP who is dead is usually dead shortly after they go missing, but there are plenty of cases where that's not how it worked out.

I was encouraged by the Detective handling her MP case, but I try not to get excited because there really are a lot of people who look alike. It's interesting to note however, that in her reconstruction her face is more round than it is in the photos. I know she had many broken ribs and the fall broke her nose. She clearly has swelling in her face, that's one of the reasons why coroners don't like photos. Injuries can change the shape of the face, and even the coloring of her face is distracting. The tip of her nose is white, while the rest of her nose appears red. This detail in and of itself changes how we would perceive the shape of her nose. Makeup artisits are masters at changing the perception of the nose by using shading. Our eyes are naturally drawn to the white tip, and the angle of the photos matter also. Her nose dosen't look nearly as pointy (technical term there) in the photos of her on the river bank because the photo is more straight on rather than tipped from underneath.

Anyhow, if it isn't Ms. Adamo, I'll keep looking. I'm never discouraged by a rule out. Everyone is probably tired of reading this but, if it's not her it only increases the odds that the next potential match will be the one.

Appreciating Asprin today.
Snuf

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member