GUILTY OH - Paris Talley, 3 wks, dies of thermal injuries, Dayton, 30 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"NG was concerned because the mom wasn't concerned about the baby not waking her up in the middle of the night. Well........a new mother, and she wasn't breast feeding, doesn't wake up until the baby wakes her up. So, if the baby didn't wake her up, she would sleep through the night. I've given birth four times and that's how it works. The first time the baby let's you sleep through the night and you wake up and it's 6:00 A.M., you immediately rush over to be sure the little one is ok. :)"

I also gave birth four times and there was never a night when I slept all night without checking on my baby. My kids are 4,5,7, 10 and I have a stepdaughter that is 11 and I STILL get up every night to check on them,to make sure that they have covers on,etc. I cannot see a mother with a 3 week old not checking to make sure the baby was okay.

southcitymom said:
This is an urban legend and not true. Tanning beds have never killed or harmed anyone except in Final Destination: Part III. See www.snopes.com

That's hilarious because the woman that told me that happened to a friend of hers is known to embellish and tell some tall tales. There's one on that snopes link also about a babysitter that microwaves the baby. Wonder if that's where she got the idea, if indeed she did do this?

teonspaleprincess said:
"NG was concerned because the mom wasn't concerned about the baby not waking her up in the middle of the night. Well........a new mother, and she wasn't breast feeding, doesn't wake up until the baby wakes her up. So, if the baby didn't wake her up, she would sleep through the night. I've given birth four times and that's how it works. The first time the baby let's you sleep through the night and you wake up and it's 6:00 A.M., you immediately rush over to be sure the little one is ok. :)"

I also gave birth four times and there was never a night when I slept all night without checking on my baby. My kids are 4,5,7, 10 and I have a stepdaughter that is 11 and I STILL get up every night to check on them,to make sure that they have covers on,etc. I cannot see a mother with a 3 week old not checking to make sure the baby was okay.
Well I can see such a mother because I am such a mother. I never checked on my 3-week-olds in the middle of the night if they were letting me sleep. They are 4 and 6 now and I still don't check on them after I cover them up once more before I go to bed.

strach304 said:
That's hilarious because the woman that told me that happened to a friend of hers is known to embellish and tell some tall tales. There's one on that snopes link also about a babysitter that microwaves the baby. Wonder if that's where she got the idea, if indeed she did do this?
LOL :crazy: Yeah - in those tanning bed stories, it's always a friend of a friend!

Can anyone enumerate the evidence against the mother? If there are three possible suspects in the house (mother, boyfriend, eldest child), wouldn't it be difficult to prove the mother guilty beyond reasonable doubt? What am I missing?

southcitymom said:
Well I can see such a mother because I am such a mother. I never checked on my 3-week-olds in the middle of the night if they were letting me sleep. They are 4 and 6 now and I still don't check on them after I cover them up once more before I go to bed.
I'm such a mother, too. Let sleeping babies sleep - and moms too! But my Dad was a light sleeper and still makes middle of the night rounds, checking bedrooms, house, etc., even walking outside around the house.

Jacobi said:
Can anyone enumerate the evidence against the mother? If there are three possible suspects in the house (mother, boyfriend, eldest child), wouldn't it be difficult to prove the mother guilty beyond reasonable doubt? What am I missing?
Whatever pieces you're missing, I am missing as well. I have read every article I can get my hands on and my jury's still out on whether a microwave was involved. They have taken the microwave they believe was used.

It seems the main evidence against the mother is that she was there. The Dad took a lie detector test and passed. The mother took a lie detector test and passed, but authorities claim she didn't take "their" lie detector test. I do not know if the babysitter took one. Apparently the babysitter is related to the Dad. I don't know if the oldest child took a lie detector test.

The mother has no history of child abuse and she has several other children. The Dad has some history of domestic violence.

I'd really like to know what the authorities have to prove this woman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Maybe we'll hear more or maybe they'll keep things close to their chest.

Marie said:
I'm such a mother, too. Let sleeping babies sleep - and moms too! But my Dad was a light sleeper and still makes middle of the night rounds, checking bedrooms, house, etc., even walking outside around the house.
LOL - my Dad was the same way...light sleeper..always checking on us and things. When I was little, one of the things he would always do for me and my sisters was lift our heads while we were asleep and turn the pillow to the cool side. I just always thought that was so sweet.

southcitymom said:

I agree. I also have given birth 4 times...
I have a 3 month old, and although I do check on him right before I go to bed, if he does not wake me in the middle of the night (as rare as it may be!! lol), I will sleep 'til morning.
My other children are 15, 9 and 3... I never wake up in the middle of the night to check on them.

southcitymom said:
LOL - my Dad was the same way...light sleeper..always checking on us and things. When I was little, one of the things he would always do for me and my sisters was lift our heads while we were asleep and turn the pillow to the cool side. I just always thought that was so sweet.
Ahh - that IS very sweet. Mine would make sure my pink blankie was tucked under my chin just where I liked it. Protective, sweet papa's are great!

lisag said:
I agree. I also have given birth 4 times...
I have a 3 month old, and although I do check on him right before I go to bed, if he does not wake me in the middle of the night (as rare as it may be!! lol), I will sleep 'til morning.
My other children are 15, 9 and 3... I never wake up in the middle of the night to check on them.
My sister just called me and told me that her 6 month-old twins finally slept through the night last night for the first time. They are 6 months old. Three cheers for sleeping babies!!

Marie said:
Ahh - that IS very sweet. Mine would make sure my pink blankie was tucked under my chin just where I liked it. Protective, sweet papa's are great!
Great Dads are the best! I thank my lucky stars every day.

southcitymom said:
Whatever pieces you're missing, I am missing as well. I have read every article I can get my hands on and my jury's still out on whether a microwave was involved. They have taken the microwave they believe was used.

It seems the main evidence against the mother is that she was there. The Dad took a lie detector test and passed. The mother took a lie detector test and passed, but authorities claim she didn't take "their" lie detector test. I do not know if the babysitter took one. Apparently the babysitter is related to the Dad. I don't know if the oldest child took a lie detector test.

The mother has no history of child abuse and she has several other children. The Dad has some history of domestic violence.

I'd really like to know what the authorities have to prove this woman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Maybe we'll hear more or maybe they'll keep things close to their chest.

Here's the transcript of NG show last night. Maybe this will explain many people's questions. Of course, there's still more questions.

From going over the transcripts, it would seem there's some disparity between the 'baby sitter story,' and the 'mother saying the husband was home' and the 'bf being gone until 6:30 A.M.

As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on this one. Seems the bf and his sister have joined forces leaving the mom as the only possible perp, at least to me. Gosh, am I surprised? :eek:

JMHO
fran

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/28/ng.01.html

Now I'm not saying one way or the other, but you need to remember that an abuser is also a manipulator. The fact that he is cooperating with LE really doesn't mean anything, IMO. Also, about the babysitter,.........well..........she is his sister.

JMHO
fran

fran said:
Here's the transcript of NG show last night. Maybe this will explain many people's questions. Of course, there's still more questions.

From going over the transcripts, it would seem there's some disparity between the 'baby sitter story,' and the 'mother saying the husband was home' and the 'bf being gone until 6:30 A.M.

As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on this one. Seems the bf and his sister have joined forces leaving the mom as the only possible perp, at least to me. Gosh, am I surprised? :eek:

JMHO
fran

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0611/28/ng.01.html
Thanks Fran for the link! I agree with many of your opinions regarding this case.

ETA: After reading that transcript, it's apparent that the baby's Dad is cooperating with the police and that is why China was arrested. Something stinks.

Dr. Doogie said:
I have noticed that the "Crimes in the News" seems to usually contain stories of the most vile behavior that one can conceive of. I must admit, I have to steel my nerves before clicking on this forum. :eek: :sick:

Yes, but even so (and after almost 10 years of reading here), this item made me gasp out loud.

I never gave the other children a thought. It would seem that the babysitter went home and didn't spend the night there.

strach304 said:
I never gave the other children a thought. It would seem that the babysitter went home and didn't spend the night there.

I thought the mom's attorney on NG said the baby sitter had gone to sleep prior to the parents getting home. That led me to believe she spent the night. I know it probably says the deal on the link to the transcript but I gotta go to work and don't have time to look.

Even if the babysitter didn't spend the night, that doesn't rule her out, IMHO. She COULD have done it and when the parents came home they thought the baby was asleep, thus the statements by the mom the baby was ok and she went on to bed.

There's some question on IF she actually checked the baby. I think NG meant like touch her or pick her up. The attorney was a little vague and said she had checked her and wouldn't go any further into 'how' she checked her.

Like I said, the three adults that were in that home that night should all be POI, as far as I'm concerned.

JMHO
fran

From the NG transcript where Grace was talking to a medical exqaminer and toxicologist about what type of injuries a child in a microwave might sustain:

GRACE: What kind of pain would someone suffer from injuries like this?

MORRONE: Burning, terrible burning.

GRACE: From the inside out.

MORRONE: Excruciating pain.

A lot of people seemed to be in the house that night - Mom, Dad, several children and maybe the babysitter. Why didn't anyone hear this 3-week-old screaming bloody murder?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back