Deceased/Not Found OH - Patricia 'Patti' Adkins, 29, Marysville, 29 June 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It should not be too difficult to prove the money part of it... I find it unlikely that Patti gave him almost 100k in cash... If nothing else, I still think POI should be sued and required to repay the debt to Patti's daughter.

This is IIRC, so don't quote me on this (I will try to find the link for reference) but perhaps it was on the Disappeared episode that LE stated, they have such a miniscule amount of blood that they are waiting for DNA testing to further advance prior to testing.
And IMHO, with the VERY small amount of time that he had the cover on his truck (day or two?) and his total denial of knowing her whatsoever outside of work....having her blood on the inside of his pickup truck (in the back, but still) along with cat hair - in a place where it could not have simply been transferred there casually - would at LEAST bust him lying. Just my two cents.

I just caught a summary of this case on Disappeared on ID. One of the detectives, in commenting on the amount of blood, said it would be the amount you would expect from a mosquito. Anyone who has ever smacked a mosquito full of blood knows it's a significant amount, so I wonder just how much DNA they really have. Regardless, if what they have was sufficient to test back in 2001, albeit by consuming the entire sample, then surely there must be enough to do LCN testing now and still retain some of the sample?

I would also agree that given the brief time the tonneau cover was on the truck, and that DNA confirmed hair from Patti's cat was on it is damning evidence. If Patti wasn't in the bed of his truck then there is no way that hair got there. DNA confirmation that the blood is Patti's would be the nail in his coffin. How long will Patti's family wait before deciding to proceed with the case? It's time!

I'm pretty into the show "Disappeared" and of all the episodes I've seen, I think this one is the most obvious as far as who committed the crime. Hopefully something is done.. enough time has already passed.

:bump:

This Friday will be the 11th anniversary of Patti's disappearance.

Where is she? Her family deserves answers. :(

I just caught a summary of this case on Disappeared on ID. One of the detectives, in commenting on the amount of blood, said it would be the amount you would expect from a mosquito. Anyone who has ever smacked a mosquito full of blood knows it's a significant amount, so I wonder just how much DNA they really have. Regardless, if what they have was sufficient to test back in 2001, albeit by consuming the entire sample, then surely there must be enough to do LCN testing now and still retain some of the sample?

I would also agree that given the brief time the tonneau cover was on the truck, and that DNA confirmed hair from Patti's cat was on it is damning evidence. If Patti wasn't in the bed of his truck then there is no way that hair got there. DNA confirmation that the blood is Patti's would be the nail in his coffin. How long will Patti's family wait before deciding to proceed with the case? It's time!

Ironically, I think that's (BBM above) will what the defense will claim if ever this goes to trial... that a mosquito bit Patty and got crushed under the tonneau cover and left the blood... Now, the trick there is for the forensics to show that blood contained no mosquito anti-coagulant, if such can still be tested for..
Also, easy for cat hair to be statically attracted to tonneau cover - I have allot of experience with cat fur floating around and landing on things...

To the P.A. of Union Co., test the damn blood already. If it's a trace amount then it's a trace amount - test it and see what the results have to say - JUST DO IT CORRECTLY, through a reputable forensics testing agency (BCI?). Quit waiting on the 'technology' to be created in order to be able to test trace amounts of blood multiple times, if ever a techology will be created, and just test it once. I think a 'once and done' testing is a chance everyone is willing to take to see justice through. There's been cases in the past where such trace amounts have been tested, yielded accurate results, went to trial and won...why can't Patti's be one of them? What is it going to take? Another 10 plus years - while this guy goes about living his life, living off the money Patti loaned him, as though nothing ever happened? Where's the justice in that? Where's the justice for Patti, her daughter, her family and friends?

I just found out about this case by watching the show on Netflix. It is frustrating bc it is so obvious. Also heartbreaking that she basically helped this guy with his plan by hiding in the truck. He just didn't count on her telling people.
Even if they say it was blood from a bug bite how are they going to explain WHY she was in the back of the truck ? (sometime in the week after she was last seen)

I would like to see some kind of civil suit against the man for the money he stole to go towards her daughter. Not the loans she took out but money she took out of savings. It's just not right that he is living off that money. It is too bad so much time has passed. Would be interesting to see if he had made any large purchases with cash over the years...

I just found out about this case by watching the show on Netflix. It is frustrating bc it is so obvious. Also heartbreaking that she basically helped this guy with his plan by hiding in the truck. He just didn't count on her telling people.
Even if they say it was blood from a bug bite how are they going to explain WHY she was in the back of the truck ? (sometime in the week after she was last seen)

I would like to see some kind of civil suit against the man for the money he stole to go towards her daughter. Not the loans she took out but money she took out of savings. It's just not right that he is living off that money. It is too bad so much time has passed. Would be interesting to see if he had made any large purchases with cash over the years...

Good to see some activity here... sad case, for sure, and looks like it will never see the light of justice, sadly.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-PatriciaPattiAdkins/208453215851266

The cat hair in the Tano(SP?) cover has been tested and is proven to be the same hair as Patti's cat. The reason the blood has not been tested is because the speck they have(speck as in how much blood you would find if you squished a mosquito) would be used up in one test, and could very well be inconclusive. There fore they are waiting until forensic technology is better and more clarity can be brought from what they have.
I also want to Thank everyone who likes and share this page. I made it so that hopefully we can find where Patti is and bring her home. Also to let Brian Flowers KNOW that we did not forget about what he did, and that we will NOT stop looking for Patti. Someone knows something, and they will talk. all we can do is wait.

Don't like playing devils-advocate, but a drop of blood and a few cat hairs under the tonneau cover doesn't prove much since it would not tell us when or how they got there.

Don't like playing devils-advocate, but a drop of blood and a few cat hairs under the tonneau cover doesn't prove much since it would not tell us when or how they got there.

the blood was found on the tonneau which was purchased same day or a few days before she disappeared and never was used afterwards,he stored it in his attic IIRC,the cops said IIRC this was pretty telling

http://voices.yahoo.com/patti-ann-adkins-disappearance-2001-8049586.html

A spot of blood has been found on the new tonneau cover that he purchased several days prior to Patti going missing. The tonneau cover was installed the day Patti did go missing.

http://************.com/2011/10/25/bring-home-patti-adkins/

June 26, 2001:
Patti Adkins’ boyfriend orders a new tonneau cover for his pickup truck.
June 29:
10 a.m.: The man picks up the cover, installs it and drives the truck – a vehicle he usually doesn’t drive – to work.
Early afternoon: Patti takes her golden retriever and cats to the kennel. She catches a ride to work with a friend. Patti tells her that she is leaving after work with her boyfriend but that she will have to hide in the bed of his pickup truck for awhile until all is clear.
June 30:
19 seconds after midnight: Patti clocks out at Honda. She is never seen nor heard from again.
July 8:
Noon: Patti fails to show up as expected to pick up her daughter.
4 p.m.: Patti’s sister, Marcia Pitts, checks Patti’s house and finds her Honda Accord in the garage and her personal items undisturbed.
7:15 p.m.: Marcia filed a missing persons report with Marysville police.
July 10:
Police interview the boyfriend for the first time. He denies any relationship or involvement.
July 13:
The boyfriend consents to a search of his property. They discover a spot of blood on the tonneau cover, which he told them he removed from his truck on July 7.

this whole story around this tonneau kinda points to premeditated murder to me....he didn't know though that she was talking to people about their relationship....and the fact that he told her not to bring any clothes with her....pretty telling too IMO

yeah but he denied even knowing her at first...this proves she was in the back of his truck and confirms her story....he later admitted he got a card from her...why would she send a card to someone she doesn't even know (out of 4.000 people that worked there).....AND they found the Rock cafe t-shirt she bought for him.....

yeah but he denied even knowing her at first...this proves she was in the back of his truck and confirms her story....he later admitted he got a card from her...why would she send a card to someone she doesn't even know (out of 4.000 people that worked there).....AND they found the Rock cafe t-shirt she bought for him.....

I don't think he said that he didn't know her - IIRC he said that he worked with her but that was all, then added that he "floated her money for lunch a couple times".

Your point is still completely valid, however - I think proving that she was in his truck and proving that she gave him all this money will prove he is lying.

I'm not sure if his wife is really gullible, or is covering for him, but if nothing else, proving that he lied might jog his wife's memory a bit, assuming that she believes that there was no affair.

I don't think he said that he didn't know her - IIRC he said that he worked with her but that was all, then added that he "floated her money for lunch a couple times".

Your point is still completely valid, however - I think proving that she was in his truck and proving that she gave him all this money will prove he is lying.

I'm not sure if his wife is really gullible, or is covering for him, but if nothing else, proving that he lied might jog his wife's memory a bit, assuming that she believes that there was no affair.

Still playing "devil's-advocate".... even though she gave him lots of money, and that she had begun pressuring him to pay her back IIRC, we don't have anything that shows he did anything to her.

Even if she was in the back of his truck on the night she went missing, who is to say that she simply got out of his truck before going to where they were heading because she had a change of mind about going, then happened to her? T
That's the problem in proving beyond a RD that he did it. Yes, we all want to convict this guy, but....

Even if she was in the back of his truck on the night she went missing, who is to say that she simply got out of his truck before going to where they were heading because she had a change of mind about going, then happened to her?

She probably wasn't in the back of his truck for long (until he dropped of his friend IIRC)...did she happen to have a nose bleed or something exactly then?
I know there isn't much against this guy (yet)....only circumstancial stuff....that's why we need the blood test.....if that's her blood then they have solid reasons to bring him in for questioning....

Still playing "devil's-advocate".... even though she gave him lots of money, and that she had begun pressuring him to pay her back IIRC, we don't have anything that shows he did anything to her.

Even if she was in the back of his truck on the night she went missing, who is to say that she simply got out of his truck before going to where they were heading because she had a change of mind about going, then happened to her? T
That's the problem in proving beyond a RD that he did it. Yes, we all want to convict this guy, but....

I agree that the money and the fact that she was in the back of his truck don't prove that he harmed her - but it does prove that he lied. I still think these facts are important, for several reasons:

1) Proving the money part will open the avenues for a civil suit, so that at least Patti's family can sue for the money back. This can be used to help with Patti's child, as well as make it so POI ends up not gaining anything from what he did to her. If he doesn't have to pay the money back because of what he did, that just doesn't sit well with me.

2) His wife may really be gullible and believe that there was no affair, and that he only knew her through work, etc - proving that is a lie would possibly cause his wife to recall some things that might be useful. She may be in denial and need some evidence that he was involved with her.

3) Proving that he has lied about these things could eventually help show a history of dishonesty and hurt his credibility if it ever goes to trial.

I think he needs to be pushed on these issues and see what happens when he tries to dig himself out of it... JMO...

My memory is fading on this case, so correct me if I'm wrong.... I thought they searched his house (gf let LE look IIRC) - and speaking of lying - LE found a shirt Patti had given him....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back