VERDICT WATCH OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as more of a celebration of harvest time, good crops and spending time with family. Time to reflect on those who are no longer with us. It's not a religious holiday IMO. It's mostly boiled down to a wait for good sale prices on the internet at this point. We have a family dinner some years and some years we don't. Back to topic; I see that everything that has been testified to, as being the God's Honest, has been testified to, by two admitted liars, and a confessed murderer, who initially confessed to his attorneys that he murdered all eight. HE says G4 wore the 11s. Yet there were three men there but only one killed all three residents? Isn't that risky if you have two assistants? One goes to each room.

This was JW's show. I believe nothing he says and nothing his mother says. JW: I checked the front door, I walked in, I went to HMR and DR rooms, I did all this shooting back and forth between the two rooms, I then walked over to lil CR2's room, and I saw he was sleeping, I shot him a time or two, he made a noise and I panicked and shot some more (he always remembers fine details). I collected shell casings there, then DRs, then propped up HMR for the baby. AC: Why did you do move her for the baby? (as if this was somehow compassionate) JW: It may seem weird but in case it was a while before they were found, I wanted K to be able to nurse... I searched for other shell casings, I thought I had them all, I think I locked the door on the way out. I, I, and I, right out the door.

He went straight to HR's room, passed up CR2's at the door, just paused in his size 11's, long enough to leave a mark. JW was able to shoot her from the doorway, she wasn't sleeping she was preparing to nurse the baby and DR was on her phone. G4 may be guilty but, I did not hear him put his father nor his brother there. Buy the shoes a size bigger, Mom. Bigger for him and for her.

Edit: I'm sorry, alto, this was meant for another post. I think it @RAISINISBACK b/c of her heritage and the shoe talk. But I didn't figure y'all celebrated the day seein' as how it all came about.

That's ok, I enjoyed reading your post and it's as I see it.
As to Thanksgiving, I hadn't thought about harvest etc, yes we celebrate end of harvest with Harvest Festival. There's a small service that is attended by the school children and local residents with displays of fruit and vegetables that have been grown here. We don't bother with a special meal though.

You are correct. This is by design though. Watch and pay attention to sentence syntaxes. webslueths allows for open discussion but using multiple logins via VPN is a challenge
I don't understand what you mean in the bolded text, can you explain please?

Yeah, it depends on what kind you like. Most cowboys these days are all hat and no cattle. But the slick soled are for riding horses. The treaded ones are for 4 wheelers and tractors. 4 wheelers and gators are mostly used to move cattle these days but if it's icy or snow that tread comes in handy, because if you have on a pair of slick soled boots you will end up on your butt.

I think cowboy boots would have been very recognizable in the crime scene because of the heels. Then again most work boots have heels. So what WAS Billy wearing?

JMO
I think they all wore regular muck boots, or old tennis shoes. You can see pics and vids on their old sites. Somehow, I don't see cowboy boots being a good choice for moving around in blood. There would have been some imprint. G4 was the crack shot at shooting but he misses and shoots wild? Nope. Not buying it. I said, in the beginning, I thought a female might be involved who shot wild b/c she freaked.

Well I learned something new! :) It makes sense, I just never really thought about what tread looks like on various shoes except my hiking shoes, which need lots of gripping power. I never considered some shoes need as little gripping power as possible. HA!
Haha yeah I was taught you use the stirrups for help with steering by leaning into one or the other, standing in them to get a better look at the terrain in front of the horse and of course mounting but not really for sitting a horse in motion.

I think they all wore regular muck boots, or old tennis shoes. You can see pics and vids on their old sites. Somehow, I don't see cowboy boots being a good choice for moving around in blood. There would have been some imprint. G4 was the crack shot at shooting but he misses and shoots wild? Nope. Not buying it. I said, in the beginning, I thought a female might be involved who shot wild b/c she freaked.
Lot different shooting at a deer than at a human being. I think it happened just as JW said, GWIV froze and then said he couldn't site over the oil filter and JW took the gun from him. AJMO

I never heard it mentioned what size they all wore either.
I thought they would have told the jury what size each person wore, they did have casts of GW, BW and JW so I wonder why they didn't, seems to me it would be an important piece of information the jury should have so that when they consider the shoe print evidence, they know the shoe sizes of all 4 of them

they have been selective with who got to do certain tests and who didn't, only AW and RN did handwriting tests, when surely JW and GW should have done the test as the state is arguing they signed the forms

I have always wondered whether the state think AW was actually at the crime scenes, but decided to go with AW and JW story as they felt they could prove their case with both of them testifying

Lot different shooting at a deer than at a human being. I think it happened just as JW said, GWIV froze and then said he couldn't site over the oil filter and JW took the gun from him. AJMO
Yet somehow eight humans were murdered in just hours, and then just hop in the victim's truck, CR1's, in case DR or one of the other two, sees it and pulls up, so they'll think it's CR1. Doesn't seem the murderers felt too icky.

"Same reason they use rosin on their rigging not to get their hand tangled in the rigging."

Rosin is used to improve grip, not lessen it.
Rosin on your rope, rosin on the pitcher's hand, rosin on the baseball bat, rosin on fiddle bow, rosin on the soles of shoes.
You do know that rigging is made out of cowhide right, not rope? Twisted leather. Most bullriders make their own. The rosin they use is like talcum powder.

Rosin used on fiddles is like wax. Makes the bow slide on the strings better. Guitar and fiddle strings are made out of steel. If you put talcum powder on fiddle and guitar strings you would have a mess. Probably have to restring the instrument.

JMO

At what other time would the defense file this? A non starter. Covering bases.
I don't know, as like I said in that post, I am not a lawyer. But I am curious, are you able to explain the motion further for those of us who may not be understanding fully what it is about, and what does "non starter" mean? TIA

Well I learned something new! :) It makes sense, I just never really thought about what tread looks like on various shoes except my hiking shoes, which need lots of gripping power. I never considered some shoes need as little gripping power as possible. HA!
Drop down on an 1800 lbs bull and when that 8 second whistle blows you are going to want off fast as you can hit the ground. Slick boots is the reason Lane Frost was smoked by the bull, Takin' Care Of Business in Cheyenne WY. It had been raining for a couple of days and when Wyoming dirt gets wet it is like clay.

But the cowboys that work cattle mostly use treaded boots. Because of the rain, ice and snow here. I showed some pictures of Tony Lamas with tread a few pages back. Cowboys don't round up cows with horses much anymore. They use 4 wheelers and gators. But they still ride horses.

I have seen them use both, treaded and slick.

But Billy doesn't strike me as a man living the cowboy way. I would say he wore regular work boots, with steel toes in case one of FW's horses stepped on his foot. Besides it would take a huge horse to carry him.

JMO

No link but we did hear in Court that Billy and CRs went to Peterson and Billy drove the murder truck away.

JMO at that point CRs hadn't seen the truck before. In the evening he was expecting Billy so wouldn't be suspicious when he pulled up outside in that truck.
Oh okay.

I remember when you said that. I disagreed stoutly with your theory. Then. lol You were totally right about a lot of things back then. You were the only one who said they almost lost control at Chris Sr's. Remember?

I would see them all wearing flat soled boots or tennis shoes. Heels on their shoes would not have been good to wade around in hog pens with. Plus the heels would have killed Billy's back if he truly had an injured back. But then he rode motorcycles, so who knows?
JMO

Haha yeah I was taught you use the stirrups for help with steering by leaning into one or the other, standing in them to get a better look at the terrain in front of the horse and of course mounting but not really for sitting a horse in motion.
Come on!!! you never rode bareback? lol

I thought they would have told the jury what size each person wore, they did have casts of GW, BW and JW so I wonder why they didn't, seems to me it would be an important piece of information the jury should have so that when they consider the shoe print evidence, they know the shoe sizes of all 4 of them

they have been selective with who got to do certain tests and who didn't, only AW and RN did handwriting tests, when surely JW and GW should have done the test as the state is arguing they signed the forms

I have always wondered whether the state think AW was actually at the crime scenes, but decided to go with AW and JW story as they felt they could prove their case with both of them testifying
Actually George testified he only signed his name to a blank form. He denied back dating it. I would like to get a look at all three of those documents to see if the dates are all in the same handwriting. But for some reason I can't find them, if they were ever made public. They are like the shoe sizes. Never talked about .

JMO

Jake didn't deer hunt that much. He just hunted humans.

JMO

Then again, how many thousands of people bought those same pair of cheap shoes from Walmarts in the area?

Not even the experts expert could put George in those shoes.

JMO
But how many of those thousands who may have bought those same shoes from Walmart, were then later investigated/charged with murdering 8 people?

Amd I can't come up with a way that anybody, shoe expert or not, that could say what shoe somebody was wearing at a specific date and time unless they themselves saw them wearing those specific shoes. So, IMO, who wore the shoes in this case is not the most important issue thate the State is trying to put forth, but rather more important IMO is that the State wants to show that the shoes were purchased by AW prior to the murders as part of the planning (and of course that AW and JW say they were worn by JW and GW the night of the murders (and no, I don't believe everything those 2 say, but that's up to the jurors, not me). JMO

I believe @silenced is saying since there is no direct evidence placing George in the shoes, then George was not in the shoes.

There is, however circumstantial evidence and witness testimony x 2 (Jake and Angela) that indicates (to me) George was indeed wearing the shoes. But that's just my opinion. The beauty of Websleuths. We all have opinions, we can all state our opinions and we don't have to agree.

I don't think some people understand how strong circumstantial evidence is. How it adds up and gets people convicted all the time. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence against George that adds up plus 2 co-defendant's testimony on top.

It's almost like some people want a video of George committing the murders and George to admit it himself.

There is enough for the jury to find George guilty of at least some charges that will give him a long sentence.
Highly doubtful the jury is going to acquit him of all 22 charges.

Could George end up with 22 not guilty verdicts? Of course. Jurors are unpredictable, who knows what they think? But they saw and heard more than we did so we have to accept their ultimate decisions on all 22 charges.

If the jury lets him walk out and go back to FWF then I just hope some jurors give interviews to the media clearly explaining why and how they came to the conclusion that the prosecution did not prove each of the 22 charges beyond a reasonable doubt.

Opinion only.

You do know that rigging is made out of cowhide right, not rope? Twisted leather. Most bullriders make their own. The rosin they use is like talcum powder.

Rosin used on fiddles is like wax. Makes the bow slide on the strings better. Guitar and fiddle strings are made out of steel. If you put talcum powder on fiddle and guitar strings you would have a mess. Probably have to restring the instrument.

JMO

Rosin is sticky, it's used to improve grip. Ask a rodeo cowboy if he wants his hand to slip out of the rigging. They aren't using talcum powder.

The fiddle bow needs to grip on the strings, or you just get a light hissing sound. People use rosin on the fiddle bow, it's not hard to see the piles of rosin on the fiddle after an intense session.

What do bull riders put on the rope?

rosin

Roughstock riders use glue, called rosin, to help their grip on the riggin' or rope. You'll often see the cowboys apply it to their gloves and heat the glue by rubbing it into the rope they hold onto.Jul 27, 2021

What does rosin do to a bow?

Image result for rosin on fiddle bow

When a rosined bow is drawn across strings, the rosin's stickiness creates enough friction to create a grip on the string,
https://www.silverspursrodeo.com/co...pment-do-rough-stock-cowboys-bring-to-rodeos/
Off topic anyway. I'm done. This stuff is easy to google, don't have to take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr