GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going by what I saw today. He said, while making motions with his body, CR was hit in the arm, whipped around (talked about blood spatter) bent over and was hit in the face with splinters, then took rounds in the top of his head. He mentioned a shot through the heart (and I believe he meant while standing) . Some shots were after he was on the floor.

I'm done reciting and fetching timestamps. If you anyone thinks I'm lying, go watch today's video and see if you still think so.

Y'all tell it the way you want. It's in the hands of the jury now.
I heard this as well. No need for timestamps. People can watch it again, he wasn't very long presenting the rebuttal and YouTube has a feature that allows you to get the transcript so people don't even have to watch or listen because some find him offensive as well I guess. They can scroll to find or even Control F to search. I've done it many times for people to find something just to have it looked over and dismissed. I found his explanation very compelling and I could see it and I hope the jury could as well.

You'll see Andrew Wilson say in closing they kept the recording out so George would have to testify on the stand himself if the defense wanted the jury to hear him. (words to that effect and moo imo jmo)
<modsnip> Wilson was so surprised when Parker called George to the stand he jumped up out of his chair. I don't know what he thought he was going to do. Object?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard this as well. No need for timestamps. People can watch it again, he wasn't very long presenting the rebuttal and YouTube has a feature that allows you to get the transcript so people don't even have to watch or listen because some find him offensive as well I guess. They can scroll to find or even Control F to search. I've done it many times for people to find something just to have it looked over and dismissed. I found his explanation very compelling and I could see it and I hope the jury could as well.

Funny how that works, if one doesn't watch the trial, they don't see what was said, but are prepared to dispute anything.

I think it could have been old texts, that could have been jammed, when they used the jammer for entering homes. B/c, if JW told it right on the stand, DR, was on the phone, on FB, when he went in. Her last two posts on FB were around about 12-1 a.m. (I posted the screengrab upthread of her posts). With sketchy service, it may have taken awhile for her service to reconnect and send the texts. Clark Kent making the point about G4 receiving the phone call about a charge from China was something I'd not heard about either. AW said she purchased that jammer. Either she checked with him before about using the card for a large sum of money, or, he knew. Mom's buying stuff for "the plan", let it go. If it was the latter, then, he's complicit.
The state never produced an invoice for that 640.00 charge, so the state doesn't know what it was for. They even admitted as much during Eversledge's testimony. They claimed China wouldn't co operate and send them an invoice. I have no idea why Wilson claimed it was a phone jammer since there is no way he could know what it was without an invoice. More of the state's BS I hope the jury sees through.

JMO

His rebuttal was impressive, IMO.
He answered the questions some of us had, some we may had missed during testimony.

His rebuttal was impressive, IMO.
He answered the questions some of us had, some we may had missed during testimony.
I was also very, very impressed with Prosecutor Wilson's rebuttal. He seemed to clearly state 20 different actions George took to further the conspiracy/criminal enterprise. He also made a very, very important point. Once George knows there is a plan to commit murder by his co-conspirators and he takes just one of those actions he is just as guilty as if he pulled the trigger himself.

Wednesday, November 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 48)-VERDICT WATCH! (Day 1) (@ 8:30am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) & a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 31) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, & 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table only for Jake if his testimony is truthful. But George still faces the DP as he did not take a deal. DP dropped by Judge on 11/22/22.
Trial began on 8/29/22 with final jury selection & the jury was seated on 8/30/22. 12 Jurors & 6 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 6 alternates: (5 women & 1 man). 9/30/22: Ill juror replaced with alternate. 12 jurors & 5 alternates. Jury: (9 women & 3 men) & 5 alternates (4 women & 1 man). A few are in their late 20s or 30s, but most are in their 40s or 50s.
Trial began with opening statements on Monday, 9/12/22 & ended on 11/18/22. State rested their case on 11/18/22. Defense rested their case 11/18/22. Closing arguments begin on 11/28/22. Jury starts deliberations on 11/30/22.

Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 9/6/22 & Trial Day 1-45 (9/12 to 11/18/22) no court/jury on 10/27, 11/4 & 11/11, 11/14 & 11/21 & 11/22/22 & Closing 11/28/22 reference post #257 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-13

11/29/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 47: Closing arguments by defense attorney John Parker.
For info see posts #283, 285, 288, 289, 291, 292 & 295 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-15
For info see posts #305, 307 & 316 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-16
For info see posts #321 & 340 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-17
For info see posts #342, 353 & 354 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-18
For info see post #388 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-20
For info see post #416 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-21
Prosecutor Andrew Wilson on final rebuttal.
For info see post #388 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-20
For info see post #416 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-21
For info see post #421 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-22
Judge reads jury instructions to the jurors.
For info see posts #476 & 477 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-24
For info see posts #491 to 493, 497 & 500 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ner-family-members-arrested-86.647353/page-25
The 5 remaining alternate jurors have been instructed that they should remain at the courthouse during deliberations. Judge Deering says he's going to let the jurors set their own schedule. Deliberations will begin tomorrow morning, 11/30/22 at 8:30am & report to the jury room.

Verdict watch day has finally come.
I can imagine jurors feel both relief that the trial is over and anxiety over beginning deliberations.
Victims families must be more than anxious.
Six plus years.

After the verdict, will jurors be able to talk about their experience?

Thanks for the great post, but should that be 387 instead of 388? And 420 instead of 421?

Verdict watch day has finally come.
I can imagine jurors feel both relief that the trial is over and anxiety over beginning deliberations.
Victims families must be more than anxious.
Six plus years.

After the verdict, will jurors be able to talk about their experience?
Six long years . At times it seemed like this day would never come. The past three weeks I have only been able watch very little of the trial. I have been trying to read the latest posts in WS to catch up. Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prays.

AC IMO did not do a great job, AW was a better attorney, this case pre trial was considered a slam dunk, it is not now IMO

I could never convict GW of any of thew murder charges, under any theory or complicit or conspiracy, but sorry for repeating myself I think he will be convicted

the jurors (even though this should not be a consideration) know the weight of expectation on them, they are local, they know the magnitude of the crimes and the length and cost of trial, to not convict him would take a very strong person, to stand up and say I do not think the state met its burden,

they know the whole county, state and country want a Guilty verdict, and sometimes justice gets lost in the extraneous elements of a crime and a trial, and the jury can easily convict GW by stating his mum and brother say he did it, when they too may think the state did not reach its burden and they may have lingering doubts,

Wrong, and ridiculously uncalled for and overly harsh.
IMO - she had choices and refused them to get her son. This hits home for me as I've raised several nieces and nephews for relatives that chose not to make it right and easier to leave with me than change lifestyles. There are resources available to get out of that home. Don't get me wrong, they worked against her to keep him in their control but she had resources to not live in her mothers house with a child molester, to take her medication, and provide for him even on the state benefits. I do see young mothers being overwhelmed to get the resources provided and make a way to raise their children but she made no attempt that I see to get him. What she didn't do doesn't overshadow what they did do to hinder her but... All JMO from experience in same scenerios.

Think about how all of us here can hear the same information delivered the same way and still conclude 2 different things and feel 2 different ways about how the person delivered it.

I think it's possible Hannah did say something like Jake we will cross that bridge when we get to it or if it happens, then we will figure it out. In her mind not being dismissive, but maybe just tired of hearing him go on and on about this every time they talk. I can see it being said like that as in I guess if it happens we deal with it then.

He heard that and decided she meant she didn't care of it happened and they would just deal when it did happen. He was looking for a reason to be upset. I think he was looking for an excuse or something to bring back to momma to show her he was taking this seriously and look what he found out. I think Angela just had a field day with any an all info her boys could bring back to her about whatever was going on in their lives. She was digging up her stuff on the computer, but they were the eyes and ears and maybe they did this for her approval.
I have mentioned several times that different people will get different reactions to what they see and hear in this case. Then, from what I have read, when you recall a memory, you recall what you remembered the time before, not the original memory. So, your details of a memory can change every time you recall that memory and the “new” version replaces the previous version of that memory. It is about the same as playing the game Telephone.
If you remember something incorrectly, the incorrect version replaces the previous recollection. That is why stories, told in a case like this, change over time.
My opinions only…

I also think the surprise GW testimony was masterful by his lawyers, many defense attorneys can learn how to allow your client to testify and allow the jury to hear him speak but leaving very little for the state to impeach him or to ask him about the crime scenes,

that piece of lawyering was worth both their fees, and GW was probably of the 4 Wagners the one that would have found testifying the hardest, he is uneducated, he has probably never spoken in a public setting before, yet he got on the stand in the biggest trial in Ohio without opting out and told his truth,

we will never know how AW or JW actually performed on the stand, GW did a stellar job considering what is on the line for him, when he testified, he was still DP eligible

one small point that I wonder about, what if one or more jurors find GW not guilty of the murders, thus they would be saying we don't believe JW and AW, would the state still think they testified to their satisfaction if the jury conclude they are both liars, and what would it do then for BW trial if jurors are not buying what the state and AW and JW are selling

I also think the surprise GW testimony was masterful by his lawyers, many defense attorneys can learn how to allow your client to testify and allow the jury to hear him speak but leaving very little for the state to impeach him or to ask him about the crime scenes,

that piece of lawyering was worth both their fees, and GW was probably of the 4 Wagners the one that would have found testifying the hardest, he is uneducated, he has probably never spoken in a public setting before, yet he got on the stand in the biggest trial in Ohio without opting out and told his truth,

we will never know how AW or JW actually performed on the stand, GW did a stellar job considering what is on the line for him, when he testified, he was still DP eligible

one small point that I wonder about, what if one or more jurors find GW not guilty of the murders, thus they would be saying we don't believe JW and AW, would the state still think they testified to their satisfaction if the jury conclude they are both liars, and what would it do then for BW trial if jurors are not buying what the state and AW and JW are selling
The jury in GWIII’s trial will be instructed to only consider what their witnesses say in that case. Even if it is the same witnesses on the stand, what the new jury “hears” may be different than what the old jury “heard”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member