GUILTY OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered - 4 Wagner Family Members Arrested #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The young lady on Tony's right is a niece.

They've all been through so much, for so long.

Hey Betty! Where can I go to see this? And see the reaction in court and hear the guilty verdicts come in etc...

Just got home. I missed all this!

I assume there is a video. Did it show George's reaction?

Why do you think the jury decided so quick?

Anyone?

Boy I need to play catch up.

Last edited:
Hey Betty! Where can I go to see this? And see the reaction in court and hear the guilty verdicts come in etc...

Anyone?

Jury Convicts George Wagner IV for His Role in Pike County Slayings​

AC IMO did not do a great job, AW was a better attorney, this case pre trial was considered a slam dunk, it is not now IMO

I could never convict GW of any of thew murder charges, under any theory or complicit or conspiracy, but sorry for repeating myself I think he will be convicted

the jurors (even though this should not be a consideration) know the weight of expectation on them, they are local, they know the magnitude of the crimes and the length and cost of trial, to not convict him would take a very strong person, to stand up and say I do not think the state met its burden,

they know the whole county, state and country want a Guilty verdict, and sometimes justice gets lost in the extraneous elements of a crime and a trial, and the jury can easily convict GW by stating his mum and brother say he did it, when they too may think the state did not reach its burden and they may have lingering doubts,
I would have stood strong. I still do not believe he is guilty. I can see how Jake and Angie planned and executed and covered up the deaths of 8 people. Billy just needs to plead guilty and get it over with.

If anyone ever deserved the death penalty it is Jake and Angie. George should have taken agent Ryan up on his offer to talk. His loyalty to his family sunk him and lost him his son. Once again Jake got his way. His show, all the way. Him and Angie should have gotten death.

But the jury has spoken. I respect the law. So guilty it is. Jake performed one more act of jealousy and revenge. Jake destroyed one more life. He made sure he took his brother down with him. When they took the DP off the table for George that sealed his fate with the jury. I feel they would have been more cautious about convicting him if they knew they were sending him to death. Jake claimed he was afraid of dying so Jake made sure he took his brother with him.

Weh-ts'ah a'-bu zha-zha-ta itsinska sih-it-sin-ke. Woh-ta-he'

JMO

Anyone?

Boy I need to play catch up.

This is still live, but go back to the beginning and you can find the spot the judge comes in and then the jury and then verdicts are read.

Good question about the game plan for Billy's trial. Junk will be sworn in as judge, etc. They will sit down and plan it later.

AC said earlier that not allowing them to play GW4's interview with BCI at the Border is what forced them to put him on the stand so the jury could hear him and they could question him.

This is still live, but go back to the beginning and you can find the spot the judge comes in and then the jury and then verdicts are read.

Thank you!

I really hope the jurors give interviews. If they do please post!!!!!

I love your deep thought out posts and would love to hear why you think the jury was able to decide 22 counts so quickly. I can hardly believe it.

I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks about how the jury was able to reach a verdict on 22 counts so quickly.

What does everyone think? Did George taking the stand hurt him?

Sorry. I should go back to read the posts, posters probably already gave these opinions. I am still taking time for this to all sink in!

I never expected a verdict for days! I feel hyper, like I drank a bunch of coffee or something! I'm feeling very emotional too towards the families. All these emotions.

Last edited:
Going to prison, with the I am a coward and did not shoot will. Will serve him well, his being super bad GW4 image. He will regret he didn't stand up and tell the truth. This will only help him, becoming a person that get his butt kicked often. Maybe some of those people he was stealing, from gets to be in the same cell block.

I'm listening to Mr. Junk talk and he is getting chocked up and it make me tear up again.

I'm going to have to take a break, then I'll come back and catch the interviews. Now is not a good time for me to fall apart. I did hit all the tv channels at 6, but there was really nothing in depth. WSYX Columbus ran a couple of minutes of DeWine's presser, then moved on.

Thanks for all the links everyone!

Thank you!

I really hope the jurors give interviews. If they do please post!!!!!

I love your deep thought out posts and would love to hear why you think the jury was able to decide 22 counts so quickly. I can hardly believe it.

I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks about how the jury was able to reach a verdict on 22 counts so quickly.

What does everyone think? Did George taking the stand hurt him?

Sorry. I should go back to read the posts, posters probably already gave these opinions. I am still taking time for this to all sink in!
I do think George testifying hurt him or made it easier for the jury because it make it less about Jake and Angela and more about his story and if it was believable. I think the defense argument that George didn't know until Jake confessed hurt them. It was not believable.

This jury didn't have to decide do we think George took his gun and shot someone. They had to decide do we think George knew before this crime, do we think he knew about any of the purchases, do we think he knew after. Do we think he signed that custody document knowing it was fake.

We get all worked up in the details like did he wear the Walmart shoes, was he in the truck bed, was there hay or straw on it, did Jake lie about the truck or Billy shooting Frankie after he did.. etc. We discussed round and round things that the jury didn't need to know 100% in order to make a decision. So I don't think the jury had to decide do we believe they were in the truck bed or did they wear the Walmart shoes, or many of the other things that we discussed into the ground. They only needed to decide if they believe what George said. Once he took the stand to tell how he had no idea and all his ranting was just paranoia and lack of sleep and so on.. I think it helped the jury.

I forgot to thank BCI agent Ryan Scheiderer. Seeing his emotions after the guilty verdict made me tear up. He has worked so hard and fought relentlessly to bring the Wagner family to justice, even as they threatened his own life. He is an outstanding agent, he should be proud of himself and the entire team at BCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper